Windows 10: intermittent Problems with Touchpad and Mouse buttons

Discus and support intermittent Problems with Touchpad and Mouse buttons in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all. I have a Dell XPS 15 and use a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. I have not had any issues until yesterday. I'm not sure when the last win... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BassCadet, Jan 9, 2019.

1. BassCadet Win User

intermittent Problems with Touchpad and Mouse buttons

Hello all.
    I have a Dell XPS 15 and use a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

I have not had any issues until yesterday. I'm not sure when the last win update occurred

Problem:
    - On Startup sometimes there us no function of keypad pr mouse buttons. However, the keyboard controls/shortcuts still work and I can move the cursor around the screen either on touchpad or mouse. After approx 5 minutes, this issue will disappear altogether and I get full functionality. However, again after approx 5 mins the problem will resurface.

- This is an intermittent problem. I may be working for ten minutes and suddenly my buttons on touchpad and mouse will not click on folders/images, etc to open. Also when I go to open a new browser tab, the tab will open but when I click on it, the tab I was on will close (same with most browsers I've tried)

I've tried uninstalling drivers and reinstalling etc. It seems to work better if I just use the laptop itself after reboot but eventually the same problem will happen. I cannot find anything through search engines for a fix or even a case like this.

Any help appreciated.

:)

BassCadet, Jan 9, 2019

2. Mouse left button stops working intermittently

I have seen several posts with similar problems, but none of them provide any useful answers. Basically, my left mouse button stops working intermittently. I can "fix" it by double clicking the scroll button, but it soon returns. This is the third mouse
    I tried so please do not suggest trying a different mouse or driver. I am using Windows 10.

BenjaminSomberg, Jan 9, 2019
  3. mouse pointer and touchpad issue

Hello ,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Mouse and touch pad on your Windows 10 installed system. We will certainly help you.

You could face this issue due to corrupt our outdated Mouse and touchpad Drivers. I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps you.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

a) Press Windows key + W and type
    troubleshooting.

b) Select Troubleshooting.

c) Select View all on the top left corner.

d) Run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Move to next method if you still face this issue.

Method 2: Update drivers from Device manager.

Follow the steps to update drivers:

1. Right click in the Start button
    and select Device Manager.

2. Expand the Mice and other pointing device.

3. Right click on the Mouse Device and select
    update drivers

Same way update the Touchpad drivers.

For reference:

touchpad not working

Method 3: Uninstall and reinstall the Mouse and Touchpad driver from manufacturer’s website.

Follow these steps to Uninstall Keyboard driver.

a) Press Windows key + X and select
    Device Manager.

b) Search for Mouse driver and expand it.

c) Right click on the Mouse
    driver and select
    Uninstall.

I suggest you to download the latest
    Mouse and Touchpad drivers
    from the manufacturers website.

You can also follow the below link for reference:

Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows

Please reply with the required information and the results. I will be glad to help you further.

Thank you

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 9, 2019
  4. cauyao615 Win User

Mouse and touchpad not working

Hey did exactly what you suggested and the first time i did it the mouse cursor became visible, it was at the center of the screen but i still couldnt make it move with the touchpad and i plugged in my usb mouse and that doesnt work too. I did it a few moret times but cursor never showed up again and still could make either the touchpad or the mouse to work. Do you have anymore suggestion?

cauyao615, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

1. intermittent Problems with Touchpad and Mouse buttons - Similar Threads - intermittent Problems Touchpad

2. mouse button intermittantly not recognized by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse button intermittantly not recognized by Windows 10: Using the left mouse button is intermittently not recognized in Windows 10. It will work fine for double click, single click, and click and drag. And then it's like the button is not being used at all. I have tried 2 different wireless mice and 1 wired mouse. I changed out...
  3. mouse button intermittantly not recognized by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse button intermittantly not recognized by Windows 10: Using the left mouse button is intermittently not recognized in Windows 10. It will work fine for double click, single click, and click and drag. And then it's like the button is not being used at all. I have tried 2 different wireless mice and 1 wired mouse. I changed out...
  4. mouse button intermittantly not recognized by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Middle mouse button drag with the touchpad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Middle mouse button drag with the touchpad: Good morning, This might be an age old question but I need to find a way to perform this if I dont have a mouse with the notebook. CAD software traditionally use middle button drag for panning a drawing sheet or rotating the 3D model. Currently the left button drag mode...
  6. Mouse and Touchpad intermittently not responding

Mouse and Touchpad intermittently not responding: Hello,After powering my laptop from sleep mode, and even after a reboot, my mouse and touchpad do not respond to any clicks made. The only way I can control my open Apps in Windows is via the keyboard. Yet, my mouse and touchpad work because I can see the cursor moving around...
  7. Touchpad and mouse buttons not working

Touchpad and mouse buttons not working: I have an issue with the touchpad and mouse today. They simply stopped working. Actually, it happens that they work from time to time for only a few seconds, but then the problem starts again. I have managed to try the standard steps, i.e. to uninstall the drivers and...
  8. Mouse button problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse button problem: I have two buttons on the side of my mouse. They used to work, and do what i've bound them to do, but now all they do is skip music or videos that i run in the background, (most often its spotify) submitted by /u/DuckyDasher [link] [comments]...
  9. intermittent Problems with Touchpad and Mouse buttons

in Windows 10 Support
    intermittent Problems with Touchpad and Mouse buttons: Hello all. I have a Dell XPS 15 and use a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. I have not had any issues until yesterday. I'm not sure when the last win update occurred Problem: - On Startup sometimes there us no function of keypad pr mouse buttons. However, the keyboard...
  10. Mouse left button stops working intermittently

Mouse left button stops working intermittently: I have seen several posts with similar problems, but none of them provide any useful answers. Basically, my left mouse button stops working intermittently. I can "fix" it by double clicking the scroll button, but it soon returns. This is the third mouse I tried so please...