Windows 10: Intermittent reboots / hangs (no BSOD or dump)

Discus and support Intermittent reboots / hangs (no BSOD or dump) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, this problem has been pestering me for months, but after failed attempts to fix it myself, I felt I should ask for help. I am running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Zudo, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Zudo Win User

Intermittent reboots / hangs (no BSOD or dump)

Hi all, this problem has been pestering me for months, but after failed attempts to fix it myself, I felt I should ask for help.

I am running Windows 10 (64-bit), but this problem also occurred on 8.1 and 7 (both 64-bit) with clean installations. I am also dual booting Ubuntu Studio 15.04, but more on that later.

When I boot my PC into 10, I have up to ten minutes before my PC either resets forcefully by itself, or freezes and never recovers. When I check the Minidump folder afterwards nothing is there.

I have replaced both my CPU (amd fx-6300) and PSU (corsair cx500m), and tested my RAM (with both sticks or just one), but none of that has fixed the problem.

My BIOS settings are at their defaults, no over/underclocking or over/undervolting at all.

The odd thing is, Ubuntu Studio runs fine with no crashes as far as I can see *EDIT: NOT THE CASE* , but if there was a software problem surely there would be a dump file?

I'd like to see what the community here thinks.

:)

2. BSOD critical process died

I am running win10... have gotten BSOD with the message critical process died. the computer will reboot with about 10 mins of use then the BSOD again with the same msg, will hang for quite a while then reboot. Tried to send dump files but there is no email
    address to send them. I would really like to revert to 7.... Your help is appreciated ASAP.

Stephanie

StephanieQuick, Oct 28, 2015
  3. Blue screen with PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT,The devices will be sitting idle, with the screen on and suddenly crash (BSOD).

Original titleIntermittent reboots / hangs (no BSOD or dump) :pDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT on idle PC

Hi,

we are using dell Venue 11 tablets for a business venture. However we have an intermittent issue, once every (few) days, they blue screen with PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. The devices will be sitting idle, with the screen on and suddenly crash (BSOD).

I have attached the windows dump file covering an event. Any light you can shed would be fantastic.

the dump file is available at http://www.woolfitservices.com/dumps/073116-9781-01.dmp

Thanks in advance!

IanWoolfenden, Oct 28, 2015
  4. Intermittent reboots / hangs (no BSOD or dump)

Have you checked Event Viewer>Custom Views>Administrative Events for error codes and any relevant information? You may find the "Online help" link not quite as helpful as it's name implies.If one of the errors is wudfrd.then try services.msc in the search box.scroll down the list until you come to Windows Driver Framework,select it,then RIGHT click on it,left click on Properties,in the General Tab go to STARTUP TYPE and in the dropdown menu select Automatic and try it.You can always go back to Manual if that does not work.

joeandmarg0, Oct 29, 2015
  5. Zudo Win User
    Thanks for the help, but that hasn't fixed the problem. However, today I was greeted with a dump file. I'll mark this as solved for now.

Zudo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Intermittent reboots / hangs (no BSOD or dump)

1. Intermittent reboots / hangs (no BSOD or dump) - Similar Threads - Intermittent reboots hangs

2. Computer randomly hangs with no BSOD or dump file created

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly hangs with no BSOD or dump file created: I've been having an issue with my computer for a few months now where it will randomly hang but the mouse can still move and certain things continue. For example, I'm watching a twitch stream and the video will freeze with the loading circle but chat will continue. If I try...
  3. Computer randomly hangs with no BSOD or dump file created

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer randomly hangs with no BSOD or dump file created: I've been having an issue with my computer for a few months now where it will randomly hang but the mouse can still move and certain things continue. For example, I'm watching a twitch stream and the video will freeze with the loading circle but chat will continue. If I try...
  4. Computer randomly hangs with no BSOD or dump file created

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC rebooting without BSOD or dumping memory

PC rebooting without BSOD or dumping memory: Hello, i don't know if this is the right subsection, since my problem is the PC shutting down and rebooting, but without showing any BSOD. If it's not kindly move it to a more appropriate one please. I set the options for the memory dump as shown in the sticky thread, but...
  6. BSOD with Critical_Process_Died, dump creation hangs on 0%

BSOD with Critical_Process_Died, dump creation hangs on 0%: I am receiving BSOD with Critical_Process_Died. Dump is enabled, but the system hangs on 0%. My system SSD looks to be ok, sfc /scannow also doesn't find any integrity violations. Any advises where to dig next?...
  7. What is hang dump ???

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is hang dump ???: What is hang dump ??? How did it work ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-hang-dump/1512ca75-9b5d-472a-86fb-516851938761"
  8. intermittent hesitation and hanging

intermittent hesitation and hanging: I have noticed that my windows 10 desktop has been hesitating or hanging up more lately. When it does it, nothing will work. If I wait awhile, eventually it seems to correct itself. It's almost like it's looking for something or scanning something and everything else takes...
  9. Intermittent BSODs with no dump file created

Intermittent BSODs with no dump file created: My PC has had occasional blue screens for several months. Each time one happens, no dump file is created even though I have configured Windows to do so. The event log contains a volmgr error at the time of the blue screen, with text "Dump file creation failed due to error...
  10. BSOD - No Dump Files - Hangs on 0%(In BSOD)

BSOD - No Dump Files - Hangs on 0%(In BSOD): Attachment 91307 This problem occurred about two weeks ago. Computer randomly BSODs about 10 times a day and stays on 0%. Minidump Files are not being created, even after adding the minidump folder to the %SystemRoot%. I have it set up the same way that was instructed on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ddr memory and reboot hang issue intermittent

2. pc randomly rebooting no dump files