Windows 10: Intermittent sound issues watching movie through HDMI connection to TV

Discus and support Intermittent sound issues watching movie through HDMI connection to TV in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Gents I watch downloaded movies on TV through my Asus netbook and VLC media player......I use the HDMI connection and after a period of time (can be 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by petermik, Feb 8, 2019.

1. petermik Win User

Intermittent sound issues watching movie through HDMI connection to TV

Gents I watch downloaded movies on TV through my Asus netbook and VLC media player......I use the HDMI connection and after a period of time (can be 10 minutes or longer) the sound becomes distorted....if I then open my netbook it clears it only to repeat later so I just keep opening/closing my netbook.....I do not get the same problem when I use the same connection through my Lenovo laptop so it appears its my netbook that is causing the problem...if I switch TV,s the same issue is there....I do not know if its relevant but both pc,s (Win 10) are set up as to "do nothing" upon closing the lid...when I close the lid on the netbook there is a couple of seconds delay on pic and sound yet with the Lenovo no delay whatsoever.
    Any ideas please?

:)

petermik, Feb 8, 2019

2. Windows 10 not outputting sound when connecting HDMI to TV

I am used to using my windows 10 laptop to connect to my TV and watch stuff. I do this all the time, however recently the sound has stopped working. To be clear the video works but the sound does not. I have tried another HDMI cable and this does not solve the problem which suggests that its something to the with the settings in windows 10 causing the issue. Does anybody have any idea what the issue might be?

My computer us working fine, sound works without HDMI attached. Volume is up and everything is working on the computer side of things. Nothing has recently been installed either...The only problem is that when you connect the TV to the laptop the video works but the sounds does not.

CiaranWelsh, Feb 8, 2019
  3. watching movies on tv

I am trying to display a movie I have on my computer on the TV. I understand the computer side, and on my computer, it says my computer is connected to my tv, but I don't know how to get to the right place on the tv to watch it. I tried all the hdmis,
    tv, av, etc. and I'm lost.

Matthew Cubbage, Feb 8, 2019
  4. DrPepper Win User

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

Sound works fine only issue with me is underscan when connecting to my tv.

DrPepper, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Intermittent sound issues watching movie through HDMI connection to TV - Similar Threads - Intermittent sound issues

2. No sound on HDMI TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound on HDMI TV: I get no sound coming out of my TV when l connect it to my PC, instead it comes out from the tower.In the sound setting, the TV shows as "Not connected/not plugged in". l have tried troubleshooting it by changing the HDMI cable, and trying different ports on the TV. The TV...
  3. No sound on HDMI TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound on HDMI TV: I get no sound coming out of my TV when l connect it to my PC, instead it comes out from the tower.In the sound setting, the TV shows as "Not connected/not plugged in". l have tried troubleshooting it by changing the HDMI cable, and trying different ports on the TV. The TV...
  4. No sound through HDMI to TV

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No sound through HDMI to TV: Hi I have windows 10 21H1 and after a update about 2 weeks ago I have no sound through my HDMI to TV,tried everything I can think of and read,need someone who knows what they are on about to help please,Acer laptop to sharp tv, uninstalled the INTEL R DISPLAY AUDIO etc not...
  5. HDMI no sound on TV

HDMI no sound on TV: the audio from my computer doesn't play on the TV with my HDMI cord. It worked a few days ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-no-sound-on-tv/46d8c4ec-ed5d-4022-8c9d-6af70522895b
  6. Issue: Audio not passing through to HDMI on to TV

Issue: Audio not passing through to HDMI on to TV: Hi, So, I am new this here and I am not entirely sure if this is the correct place to put this. I encountered this issue about 4 months ago and just haven't bothered to try seeking further help after trying to resolve the issue myself and then searching through 100's of...
  7. No sound coming from my TV through HDMI

No sound coming from my TV through HDMI: The problem I am having is that my JVC TV is not picking any sound at all from my Desktop but if I plug a speaker in the headphone jack, the headphone jack picks the sound but not my JVC TV through HDMI which is what I need. My TV is a JVC with an HDMI port where I connect...
  8. No sound to tv through hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound to tv through hdmi cable: I have a tv hooked up to my laptop through an HDMI cable. The display comes across beautifully, but there is no sound. I've found my tv, but it gives me no options. When I went into the settings and got to the playback devices, it says the HDMI isn't plugged in. I'm forced...
  9. Audio is not playing through hdmi connected tv

Audio is not playing through hdmi connected tv: I have my laptop HP 15-f039wm Notebook PC and have it hooked up to my Panasonic tv. The display is there yet the sound only plays through the laptop. I have gone into playback devices yet no hdmi output is listed even when showing hidden and disabled. I went through...
  10. Laptop not recognizing TV through HDMI connection

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop not recognizing TV through HDMI connection: Hello everyone! First I do apologize if this is not the correct section for this thread. I've had issues connecting my laptop to TV for the past day. Connection is done through an HDMI cable. Connection was good up until it randomly turned off itself while playing a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intermittent sound using hdmi

2. hdmi cable intermittent sound