Windows 10: Intermittent sound on Windows 10 - Tried all sorts and still there.

Discus and support Intermittent sound on Windows 10 - Tried all sorts and still there. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Strange problem but I started my PC computer this morning and now have intermittent sound output from my external speakers. Sound cuts out about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RandalSmith2, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Intermittent sound on Windows 10 - Tried all sorts and still there.

Hi

Strange problem but I started my PC computer this morning and now have intermittent sound output from my external speakers. Sound cuts out about every 5 seconds for a few seconds and then comes back, and then it all repeats again and again. Seems to happen on everything - video calls, Youtube videos, music files and videos on my hard drive.

Everything was working ok last night when I shut the computer down and there didn't appear to be any updates going on as I shut down. I've replaced the speakers and tried headphones in the same 3.5mm socket and still get the same.

Trawled through the web and tried the following:

1. Checked all audio drivers were up to date via Device Manager and also uninstalled and reinstalled audio drivers. Issue still there.

2. Switched off the Windows 10 sound enhancements settings. Issue still there.

3. Went back through Window Updates and uninstalled the ones that happened last night 1 March 2021. Issue still there.

Noticed that the Adobe Flash Player was automatically removed last night, but can't reinstall it. Could that be an issue for sound?

Anyone any other ideas?

:)

RandalSmith2, Mar 1, 2021
  2. JoeJuan Win User

Intermittent Beeping Sound

Before I elaborate on the steps taken so far, allow me to notify you that I have done research on this issue via the internet. Armed with the suggested solutions, I then:

1) Clicked on the 'Start' button, followed by 'Settings'. Then on the 'Settings' window, I clicked on 'System' followed by a click on the 'Notifications & actions' On the right pane, I set the 'Get notifications from apps and other senders' switch to 'Off'.
    No changes were made but it had no effect on the intermittent sounds.

2) I then added the 'Get tips, tricks and suggestions as you use Windows' and disabled it. Again this did not help at all.

3) I then enabled the switches for both items back to 'On'

4) Clicked on the 'Start' button, followed by 'Settings'. Then on the 'Settings' window, I clicked on 'Devices' followed by a click on the 'USB'. I then set the one and only switch to notify me if there are issues connecting to USB devices to 'Off'. Again this
    did not helped as the intermittent sound still occurred. I therefore set it back to 'On'.

5) I clicked on the 'Control Panel' (since I enabled that icon for my desktop), followed a click on the 'Hardware and Sounds' item. On the next page that appeared, I clicked on the 'Change system sound' item. Then on the 'Sound' window, I selected the 'Sounds'
    tab. A list of system sounds appeared under the 'Windows Default' and I moved the cursor to the 'Device Disconnect' item. I then set the sounds associated with that event to '(None)'. The 'Apply' button was pressed followed by the 'OK' button and closing of
    the 'Control Panel' window. The intermittent sound did not occur anymore. However, since I set the sounds to (none), I WILL NOT be notified whenever a device is disconnected and this is what is causing a problem - I prefer to be notified.

Hopefully you would be able to suggest a better solution. BTW, this problem did not occur initially. Only when the Windows 10 updates were applied recently (about one or two months ago) did the problem surfaced. This was the reason why I suspected that the
    updates was the culprit...but I could be wrong.

JoeJuan, Mar 1, 2021
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Windows 10 sound problems.

Hi Roger,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you install all driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • In which browser are you facing this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to refer the Microsoft Article below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Fix sound problems

Fix sound problems in Windows 10

Do let us know if you are able to get Sound with all relevant programs. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Mar 1, 2021
  4. Nordic Win User

Intermittent sound on Windows 10 - Tried all sorts and still there.

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

Intermittent sound on Windows 10 - Tried all sorts and still there.

1. Intermittent sound on Windows 10 - Tried all sorts and still there. - Similar Threads - Intermittent sound Tried

2. Sort of Solved: Windows Intermittently Refuses to Recognise Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sort of Solved: Windows Intermittently Refuses to Recognise Monitor: The purpose of this post is to report and issue and describe a partial/sort-of work-around, in part in the hope that it can help others who see similar symptoms, also in the hope that a Microsoft Engineer might see this and be motivated to dig a little deeper. As this post is...
  3. Sort of Solved: Windows Intermittently Refuses to Recognise Monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sort of Solved: Windows Intermittently Refuses to Recognise Monitor: The purpose of this post is to report and issue and describe a partial/sort-of work-around, in part in the hope that it can help others who see similar symptoms, also in the hope that a Microsoft Engineer might see this and be motivated to dig a little deeper. As this post is...
  4. Sort of Solved: Windows Intermittently Refuses to Recognise Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Intermittent Sound Problem

Intermittent Sound Problem: I'm running W10 V.20H2, OS Build 19042.985:Every now and then my sound just completely quits. It will come back on when it gets ready, restarting does not work. It always quits when it's not being used. For example, when you first start it up in the morning, it won't work....
  6. Intermittent buzzing sound in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intermittent buzzing sound in Windows 10: I have been using a Dell laptop with factory installed Windows 7 for several years with no issues. In January 2020, with support of Windows 7 ending, I went to Best Buy to have them install Windows 10. When I got back the laptop, I immediately noticed that whenever I would...
  7. intermittent sound recording

intermittent sound recording: Hi, I have been recording music videos on my Dell laptop using the inbuilt camera and a snowball microphone with no problems. Yesterday I recorded a track, then listened to it and recorded a second track, but when I tried to edit them together I discovered the second...
  8. Intermittent Sound Problems

Intermittent Sound Problems: After the latest Windows 10 update, I am finding that I have an INTERMITTENT sound problem. I have tried all the recommended troubleshooting methods given on the Community but none of these have worked for me. However, if I do a Restart, the sound returns for that session...
  9. Windows 10 intermittent sound issues.

Windows 10 intermittent sound issues.: I have just updated my daughters PC from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 however we are now having an intermittent sound problem in that the sound “glitches” every few seconds which is quite annoying after a file. I have tried updating all of the drivers but this doesnt seem to...
  10. Intermittent Startup Sound

in Windows 10 Support
    Intermittent Startup Sound: When I start my computer, sometimes the Startup Sound plays & sometimes it doesn't. There's no difference in the way I shut down the computer each time, 'Play Windows Startup Sound' in my Sound Schemes has always been checked; this is just baffling to me as to why the sound...