Windows 10: Intermittent Sound Problem on windows 10 Education 1809

Discus and support Intermittent Sound Problem on windows 10 Education 1809 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am having sound Problems on my Windows 10 Machines ever since updating to 1809 in december/january holidays. If you click the sound Icon in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Alistair Cuff, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Intermittent Sound Problem on windows 10 Education 1809

I am having sound Problems on my Windows 10 Machines ever since updating to 1809 in december/january holidays.

If you click the sound Icon in the system tray and change the volume it plays the bing sound. However no other sound works.

even if you right-click and go to sounds and click test on asterisk it doesn't play the sound.

A restart solves the problem Temporarily, but then the next Day I get another support request saying no sound.

So far I have tried the Following:

1. Checked That the correct Sound Output is selected and set as default.

2. Diagnose sound problems tells me there are no problems.

3. Rolling back the Driver, Still have the same issue.

4. Updating to the latest driver found via windows update. Still have the same issue.

5. Download latest driver from manufacturer website. Still have the same problem.

6. Install the Generic Microsoft sound driver. Still does the same thing.

7. Format and Do Fresh install of windows 10 Education on a New(same Model) PC. and repeated all the above steps on the new PC. Still doing the same thing.

I have tried absolutely everything i can think of, and my users are still having the same problem, telling them to restart whenever they have no sound isn't good enough, they have a limited lesson time, and need to make the most of it.

Desktop PC Specs are as follows.

MB: Gigabyte GA-H61M-S2PV

CPU: Intel i5 3470

Ram: 4GB

Sound Card: Realtek HD Audio

How Can I Fix this so that sound just always works?

:)

Alistair Cuff, Feb 27, 2019
  2. JoeJuan Win User

Intermittent Beeping Sound

Before I elaborate on the steps taken so far, allow me to notify you that I have done research on this issue via the internet. Armed with the suggested solutions, I then:

1) Clicked on the 'Start' button, followed by 'Settings'. Then on the 'Settings' window, I clicked on 'System' followed by a click on the 'Notifications & actions' On the right pane, I set the 'Get notifications from apps and other senders' switch to 'Off'.
    No changes were made but it had no effect on the intermittent sounds.

2) I then added the 'Get tips, tricks and suggestions as you use Windows' and disabled it. Again this did not help at all.

3) I then enabled the switches for both items back to 'On'

4) Clicked on the 'Start' button, followed by 'Settings'. Then on the 'Settings' window, I clicked on 'Devices' followed by a click on the 'USB'. I then set the one and only switch to notify me if there are issues connecting to USB devices to 'Off'. Again this
    did not helped as the intermittent sound still occurred. I therefore set it back to 'On'.

5) I clicked on the 'Control Panel' (since I enabled that icon for my desktop), followed a click on the 'Hardware and Sounds' item. On the next page that appeared, I clicked on the 'Change system sound' item. Then on the 'Sound' window, I selected the 'Sounds'
    tab. A list of system sounds appeared under the 'Windows Default' and I moved the cursor to the 'Device Disconnect' item. I then set the sounds associated with that event to '(None)'. The 'Apply' button was pressed followed by the 'OK' button and closing of
    the 'Control Panel' window. The intermittent sound did not occur anymore. However, since I set the sounds to (none), I WILL NOT be notified whenever a device is disconnected and this is what is causing a problem - I prefer to be notified.

Hopefully you would be able to suggest a better solution. BTW, this problem did not occur initially. Only when the Windows 10 updates were applied recently (about one or two months ago) did the problem surfaced. This was the reason why I suspected that the
    updates was the culprit...but I could be wrong.

JoeJuan, Feb 27, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Windows 10 sound problems.

Hi Roger,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you install all driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • In which browser are you facing this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to refer the Microsoft Article below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Do let us know if you are able to get Sound with all relevant programs. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Feb 27, 2019
  4. Intermittent Sound Problem on windows 10 Education 1809

Sound problems with Windows 10

Hello,

I request you to try the methods below:

Method 1:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    • After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I also request you to follow the below article:

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

Intermittent Sound Problem on windows 10 Education 1809

1. Intermittent Sound Problem on windows 10 Education 1809 - Similar Threads - Intermittent Sound Problem

2. Windows 10 Education Activation Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Education Activation Problem: I change my Windows version from Pro N to Education today. I sign in it with my organization account, and also add my personal account to my computer. But my product key gone, I forgot to note my product key before I upgrade my PC, how can I get it back?...
  3. Intermittent Sound Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intermittent Sound Problem: I'm running W10 V.20H2, OS Build 19042.985:Every now and then my sound just completely quits. It will come back on when it gets ready, restarting does not work. It always quits when it's not being used. For example, when you first start it up in the morning, it won't work....
  4. Windows 10 education problem.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 education problem.: I'm a student and my school offered a pre-installation of some programs an they installed windows 10 education. After some months, they asked me to install the Xbox app on my computer for a project, but i discovered that i don't have the microsoft store installed on my...
  5. Intermittent buzzing sound in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intermittent buzzing sound in Windows 10: I have been using a Dell laptop with factory installed Windows 7 for several years with no issues. In January 2020, with support of Windows 7 ending, I went to Best Buy to have them install Windows 10. When I got back the laptop, I immediately noticed that whenever I would...
  6. Problem with activating windows 10 education

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problem with activating windows 10 education: Recently my system SSD has died and because the replacement will take ages to acquire I tried installing Windows on an external drive. After finding out that the installator does not support that function I've turned to WinToUSB utility and it has worked. After the usual...
  7. Windows 10 Education 17763 (1809)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Education 17763 (1809): Hi! My Windows 10 Laptop is running very slow. I am running Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 5025-u @ 2.00 Ghz, 2 GB AMD Radeon Graphics card and 4 GB RAM. Can anybody help me? My model is HP Notebook 14-ac153TX. I tried deleting temp. files, freeing up disk space and a fresh, clean...
  8. Intermittent Sound Problems

Intermittent Sound Problems: After the latest Windows 10 update, I am finding that I have an INTERMITTENT sound problem. I have tried all the recommended troubleshooting methods given on the Community but none of these have worked for me. However, if I do a Restart, the sound returns for that session...
  9. Win 10 1809 - Sound from YouTube intermittently fails.

Win 10 1809 - Sound from YouTube intermittently fails.: Hi, System Information: (I've had this problem with two different PCs) HP ProDesk 400 G1 Dell Optiplex 5060 (Both PCs have on board RealTek sound and Intel video.) Both PCs have the latest drivers installed. Both recently rebuilt with 1809 ISO. Problem: When using...
  10. Windows 10 intermittent sound issues.

Windows 10 intermittent sound issues.: I have just updated my daughters PC from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 however we are now having an intermittent sound problem in that the sound “glitches” every few seconds which is quite annoying after a file. I have tried updating all of the drivers but this doesnt seem to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1809 problems with sound