Windows 10: Intermittent Sound Problems

Discus and support Intermittent Sound Problems in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After the latest Windows 10 update, I am finding that I have an INTERMITTENT sound problem. I have tried all the recommended troubleshooting methods... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sid1945, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Sid1945 Win User

Intermittent Sound Problems

After the latest Windows 10 update, I am finding that I have an INTERMITTENT sound problem. I have tried all the recommended troubleshooting methods given on the Community but none of these have worked for me. However, if I do a Restart, the sound returns for that session but is lost the next time I log on. I am forced to be continually restarting the machine just so that I can have sound.

Can anyone help me with this annoying intermittent problem?

:)

Sid1945, Feb 22, 2019
  2. JoeJuan Win User

Intermittent Beeping Sound

Before I elaborate on the steps taken so far, allow me to notify you that I have done research on this issue via the internet. Armed with the suggested solutions, I then:

1) Clicked on the 'Start' button, followed by 'Settings'. Then on the 'Settings' window, I clicked on 'System' followed by a click on the 'Notifications & actions' On the right pane, I set the 'Get notifications from apps and other senders' switch to 'Off'.
    No changes were made but it had no effect on the intermittent sounds.

2) I then added the 'Get tips, tricks and suggestions as you use Windows' and disabled it. Again this did not help at all.

3) I then enabled the switches for both items back to 'On'

4) Clicked on the 'Start' button, followed by 'Settings'. Then on the 'Settings' window, I clicked on 'Devices' followed by a click on the 'USB'. I then set the one and only switch to notify me if there are issues connecting to USB devices to 'Off'. Again this
    did not helped as the intermittent sound still occurred. I therefore set it back to 'On'.

5) I clicked on the 'Control Panel' (since I enabled that icon for my desktop), followed a click on the 'Hardware and Sounds' item. On the next page that appeared, I clicked on the 'Change system sound' item. Then on the 'Sound' window, I selected the 'Sounds'
    tab. A list of system sounds appeared under the 'Windows Default' and I moved the cursor to the 'Device Disconnect' item. I then set the sounds associated with that event to '(None)'. The 'Apply' button was pressed followed by the 'OK' button and closing of
    the 'Control Panel' window. The intermittent sound did not occur anymore. However, since I set the sounds to (none), I WILL NOT be notified whenever a device is disconnected and this is what is causing a problem - I prefer to be notified.

Hopefully you would be able to suggest a better solution. BTW, this problem did not occur initially. Only when the Windows 10 updates were applied recently (about one or two months ago) did the problem surfaced. This was the reason why I suspected that the
    updates was the culprit...but I could be wrong.

JoeJuan, Feb 22, 2019
  3. Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Feb 22, 2019
  4. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Intermittent Sound Problems :p

cadaveca, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Intermittent Sound Problems - Similar Threads - Intermittent Sound Problems

2. Intermittent Bluetooth problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intermittent Bluetooth problems: Periodically PC with Windows 10 loses connection to Bluetooth KB or Bluetooth mouse, or both. Rebooting fixes temporarily. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intermittent-bluetooth-problems/021213e0-463c-4999-9425-d406af01ab6b
  3. Intermittent Bluetooth problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intermittent Bluetooth problems: Periodically PC with Windows 10 loses connection to Bluetooth KB or Bluetooth mouse, or both. Rebooting fixes temporarily. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intermittent-bluetooth-problems/021213e0-463c-4999-9425-d406af01ab6b
  4. Intermittent Sound Problem

Intermittent Sound Problem: I'm running W10 V.20H2, OS Build 19042.985:Every now and then my sound just completely quits. It will come back on when it gets ready, restarting does not work. It always quits when it's not being used. For example, when you first start it up in the morning, it won't work....
  5. intermittent sound recording

intermittent sound recording: Hi, I have been recording music videos on my Dell laptop using the inbuilt camera and a snowball microphone with no problems. Yesterday I recorded a track, then listened to it and recorded a second track, but when I tried to edit them together I discovered the second...
  6. intermittent buzz in sound is back

intermittent buzz in sound is back: The intermittent buzz in the sound is on a Gateway laptop model NV570P-18U, OS Win 10 Home 64 bit. This problem only shows up when watching Youtube videos. There is no buzz on any other web page. I got ride of the Youtube buzz by updatting the Gateway's sound drivers. It...
  7. Intermittent Sound Problem on windows 10 Education 1809

Intermittent Sound Problem on windows 10 Education 1809: I am having sound Problems on my Windows 10 Machines ever since updating to 1809 in december/january holidays. If you click the sound Icon in the system tray and change the volume it plays the bing sound. However no other sound works. even if you right-click and go to...
  8. Intermittent boot problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intermittent boot problems: Windows 10 Pro desktop. Runs fine when it boots. Will run for days with no problems, recovers fine from sleep. However, sometimes (not always) after being shut down for a day it will not boot. Hangs with blue windows icon and spinning dots. I have imaged the SSD and cloned...
  9. Sound cuts out intermittently

Sound cuts out intermittently: Hi, Since installing Windows 10, the sound will cut out every so often, usually while watching a video on YouTube or I've downloaded. If I reboot the sound works. I notice that I can't left click on the the task bar when this happens. To reboot I need to right click on the...
  10. Intermittent Startup Sound

in Windows 10 Support
    Intermittent Startup Sound: When I start my computer, sometimes the Startup Sound plays & sometimes it doesn't. There's no difference in the way I shut down the computer each time, 'Play Windows Startup Sound' in my Sound Schemes has always been checked; this is just baffling to me as to why the sound...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intermittent sound pc