Windows 10: Intermittent stutter + Security event

Discus and support Intermittent stutter + Security event in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello!I need some help with an issue I have on my Windows 11 pc.Sometimes, maybe once to thrice a day, my pc will do this thing where I hear the device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bobbeloos, Jan 30, 2023.

1. Bobbeloos Win User

Intermittent stutter + Security event

Hello!I need some help with an issue I have on my Windows 11 pc.Sometimes, maybe once to thrice a day, my pc will do this thing where I hear the device plug-in sound, the pc starts to hang for a second, recover, play the plug-in sound and hang for another second before continuing on. This generally doesn't happen unless I'm playing a game.I've checked the logs, and nothing specific gets logged when this happens, except this security event.I'm sure this event is related as it pops up exactly when the stutter happens but I have no idea what the issue could be. I found some information regarding

:)

Bobbeloos, Jan 30, 2023
  2. bbacks26 Win User

Event Viewer Spam Causing PC Stutter - Events 5379, 4624, 4672 -- Security Audits

Hi,

Since getting my new PC, I have experienced these instances of noticeable stutter when browsing, gaming, or simply being on the desktop. The best way to describe it is as a very brief but noticeable micro-stutter/micro-freeze, the screen does not flash and
    audio does not cut out. It lasts for about half a second, but it is very noticeable and annoying, especially when playing games. After spending hours troubleshooting, I have ended up finding the cause. These stutters happen at the exact same logs are generated
    in the Event Viewer application. These logs are listed under the "Audit Success" column and I currently have about 5000 of these logs just in the last 24 hours. Out of these logs, there are 3 particular Event ID logs that correlate with my stuttering: Event
    ID: 4624, 4672, and 5379. The 4624 and 4672 occur more frequently than the 5379 and the stutter resulting from them is less severe. The 5379 event however, results in the worst stuttering. This is probably because the 5379 event is logged about 300 times during
    instances of stutter. Event Viewer shows event 5379 being logged around 300 times at the exact same time interval (For example 300 entries all at 1:00:00PM or 2:37:51PM etc etc).

The events themselves have different descriptions for why they're occuring:

Event 4624:

An account was successfully logged on.

Subject:

Security ID: SYSTEM

Account Name: DESKTOP-N2CELSJ$

Account Domain: WORKGROUP

Logon ID: 0x3E7

Logon Information:

Logon Type: 5

Restricted Admin Mode: -

Virtual Account: No

Elevated Token: Yes

Impersonation Level: Impersonation

New Logon:

Account Name: SYSTEM

Account Domain: NT AUTHORITY

Linked Logon ID: 0x0

Network Account Name: -

Network Account Domain: -

Logon GUID: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}

Process Information:

Process ID: 0x358

Process Name: C:\Windows\System32\services.exe

Network Information:

Workstation Name: -

Source Network Address: -

Source Port: -

Detailed Authentication Information:

Logon Process: Advapi

Authentication Package: Negotiate

Transited Services: -

Package Name (NTLM only): -

Key Length: 0

This event is generated when a logon session is created. It is generated on the computer that was accessed.

The subject fields indicate the account on the local system which requested the logon. This is most commonly a service such as the Server service, or a local process such as Winlogon.exe or Services.exe.

The logon type field indicates the kind of logon that occurred. The most common types are 2 (interactive) and 3 (network).

The New Logon fields indicate the account for whom the new logon was created, i.e. the account that was logged on.

The network fields indicate where a remote logon request originated. Workstation name is not always available and may be left blank in some cases.

The impersonation level field indicates the extent to which a process in the logon session can impersonate.

The authentication information fields provide detailed information about this specific logon request.

- Logon GUID is a unique identifier that can be used to correlate this event with a KDC event.

- Transited services indicate which intermediate services have participated in this logon request.

- Package name indicates which sub-protocol was used among the NTLM protocols.

- Key length indicates the length of the generated session key. This will be 0 if no session key was requested.

Event 4672:

Special privileges assigned to new logon.

Subject:

Account Name: SYSTEM

Account Domain: NT AUTHORITY

Privileges: SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege

SeTcbPrivilege

SeSecurityPrivilege

SeTakeOwnershipPrivilege

SeLoadDriverPrivilege

SeBackupPrivilege

SeRestorePrivilege

SeDebugPrivilege

SeAuditPrivilege

SeSystemEnvironmentPrivilege

SeImpersonatePrivilege

SeDelegateSessionUserImpersonatePrivilege

Event 5379:

Credential Manager credentials were read.

Subject:

Security ID: DESKTOP-N2CELSJ\bback

Account Name: bback

Account Domain: DESKTOP-N2CELSJ

Logon ID: 0x85277

Read Operation: Enumerate Credentials

This event occurs when a user performs a read operation on stored credentials in Credential Manager.

Screenshots:

Intermittent stutter + Security event bd44a8cb-baee-4740-b988-de6f0ef24198?upload=true.png

Intermittent stutter + Security event 4b228f5b-3a6f-4d99-8517-7f63a00b3bca?upload=true.png

I'm really at a loss of how to fix this. If anyone has any suggestions or has experienced this before please tell me how I should go about solving this. Thank you.

bbacks26, Jan 30, 2023
  3. qubit Win User
    Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Jan 30, 2023
  4. Intermittent stutter + Security event

AMD External events client module stopped working

Hi Jignesh,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I recommend you to download the Microsoft Safety Scanner from the following link and check if it helps.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-gb/default.aspx

Note: The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

Disclaimer: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Method 2: To remove AMD External Events service Module from your computer, please follow the manual instructions below or use an automatic uninstaller product.

• Click the Windows Start Button. In Windows 8, look for Control Panel.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Click Uninstall a program.
    • Look for AMD External Events in the list of available programs.
    • Click Uninstall.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jan 30, 2023
Thema:

Intermittent stutter + Security event

1. Intermittent stutter + Security event - Similar Threads - Intermittent stutter Security

2. intermittent mouse / keyboard stutter while directx11 / directx12

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    intermittent mouse / keyboard stutter while directx11 / directx12: hi!i've recently installed a clean windows 11, and i'm having issues with mouse / keyboard intermittently lagging while i'm gaming.i googled for hours and i haven't found anything usefulfor testing purposes i connected a wired usb mouse and ran 3dmark direct x11 and i am...
  3. Why is my Win10 PC doing this intermittent stutter?

Why is my Win10 PC doing this intermittent stutter?: I just reinstalled a fresh USB copy of Windows 10 on my Alienware Aurora R9 PC. Only installed one game and MS Office, but I have noticed that every once in a while, the machine goes into a state of what I can only describe as "stuttering", where it acts as if some heavy...
  4. Why is my Win10 PC doing this intermittent stutter?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is my Win10 PC doing this intermittent stutter?: I just reinstalled a fresh USB copy of Windows 10 on my Alienware Aurora R9 PC. Only installed one game and MS Office, but I have noticed that every once in a while, the machine goes into a state of what I can only describe as "stuttering", where it acts as if some heavy...
  5. Intermittent stutter + Security event

Intermittent stutter + Security event: Hello!I need some help with an issue I have on my Windows 11 pc.Sometimes, maybe once to thrice a day, my pc will do this thing where I hear the device plug-in sound, the pc starts to hang for a second, recover, play the plug-in sound and hang for another second before...
  6. Event Viewer Spam Causing PC Stutter - Events 5379, 4624, 4672 -- Security Audits

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Event Viewer Spam Causing PC Stutter - Events 5379, 4624, 4672 -- Security Audits: [ATTACH] Hi, Since getting my new PC, I have experienced these instances of noticeable stutter when browsing, gaming, or simply being on the desktop. The best way to describe it is as a very brief but noticeable micro-stutter/micro-freeze, the screen does not flash and...
  7. Event Viewer Spam Causing PC Stutter - Events 5379, 4624, 4672 -- Security Audits

Event Viewer Spam Causing PC Stutter - Events 5379, 4624, 4672 -- Security Audits: Hi, Since getting my new PC, I have experienced these instances of noticeable stutter when browsing, gaming, or simply being on the desktop. The best way to describe it is as a very brief but noticeable micro-stutter/micro-freeze, the screen does not flash and audio does...
  8. Intermittent Stuttering/Freezing/Lock-Up on Windows 10

Intermittent Stuttering/Freezing/Lock-Up on Windows 10: Hello All, I'm new to the Microsoft community here, but I'm a long time Windows user. Recently I have been having a very irritating issue where my computer locks up/freezes/stutters for a split second. My mouse stops moving, typing stops, screen doesn't update in...
  9. Intermittent Stuttering of All Applications and processes in Windows 10

Intermittent Stuttering of All Applications and processes in Windows 10: I have been facing this issue for the past couple of days where in the system seems to slow down for a second or so and then resumes back normal speed. As far as i have noticed this affects the overall speed of the system. If the stutter happens while I am typing then the...
  10. Intermittent video stuttering across multiple platforms.

in Windows 10 Support
    Intermittent video stuttering across multiple platforms.: Hi. After i upgraded to win10 i've encountered a problem i can't seem to figure out what is causing it. This happens on youtube in firefox, on twitch in opera and in vlc playing local files (all apps are latest version) But it's not a constant issue, it's intermittent. So...