Windows 10: Intermittent Stuttering of All Applications and processes in Windows 10

Discus and support Intermittent Stuttering of All Applications and processes in Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been facing this issue for the past couple of days where in the system seems to slow down for a second or so and then resumes back normal speed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ProsenjitMitra, May 30, 2019.

1. Intermittent Stuttering of All Applications and processes in Windows 10

I have been facing this issue for the past couple of days where in the system seems to slow down for a second or so and then resumes back normal speed. As far as i have noticed this affects the overall speed of the system. If the stutter happens while I am typing then the system appears frozen with the cursor not blinking and nothing getting typed on the screen. When the stutter stops the letters that I have typed during the stutter suddenly gets displayed. The stutter happens approximately ever five minutes or so. And the effect is visible in any running application. If a media player is running then the video freezes and the audio gets stretched. If playing a game then the video becomes very choppy and the sound matches the video. The mouse pointer movement slows down during the stutter and resumes normal movement speed after the stutter stops.

I have tried monitoring the stutter's relation to any app in particular by noticing the running processes. During the stutters the process monitor also refreshes and what I have noticed is CPU and Memory usage climbs up to 90%, then falls back to usual values of 4-7% and 30% respectively. And i think the windows explorer process is the one that hogs the memory and CPU during the stutters. I have a full version anti virus up to date virus definitions and windows update is also enabled. Multiple virus scans have been performed with no identified infestation.

System Config:

Core i5 7th Gen

8GB RAM

1TB HDD

Windows 10 Home Single Language 64 bit

ESet Nod 32 Antivirus.

:)

ProsenjitMitra, May 30, 2019
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, May 30, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 30, 2019
  4. Intermittent Stuttering of All Applications and processes in Windows 10

FPS drops below 10 every couple of minutes

Very interesting. Our default suggestion list for fighting stutter becomes more interesting.

Ferrum Master, May 30, 2019
Thema:

Intermittent Stuttering of All Applications and processes in Windows 10

1. Intermittent Stuttering of All Applications and processes in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Intermittent Stuttering Applications

2. Intermittent stutter + Security event

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent stutter + Security event: Hello!I need some help with an issue I have on my Windows 11 pc.Sometimes, maybe once to thrice a day, my pc will do this thing where I hear the device plug-in sound, the pc starts to hang for a second, recover, play the plug-in sound and hang for another second before...
  3. Intermittent stutter + Security event

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intermittent stutter + Security event: Hello!I need some help with an issue I have on my Windows 11 pc.Sometimes, maybe once to thrice a day, my pc will do this thing where I hear the device plug-in sound, the pc starts to hang for a second, recover, play the plug-in sound and hang for another second before...
  4. Windows 10 loses all network shares intermittently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 loses all network shares intermittently: Running Windows 10 in business domain. It's an all or nothing situation. At times, any and all shares work. Other times unable to access any network share. Had this issue months ago and it went away for no identified reason. Recently occurring again. It seems after reboot...
  5. Windows 11 stutters on application loading

Windows 11 stutters on application loading: Hello. I've recently bought a new Lenovo Legion 5 laptop AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 3.30GHz + Radeon Graphics + NVIDIA GeForce 3060 + 16GB RAM + SSD with Windows 11 pre-installed and I've been facing a particular issue ever since day 1.I have noticed that sometimes when loading or...
  6. Windows 11 stutters on application loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 stutters on application loading: Hello. I've recently bought a new Lenovo Legion 5 laptop AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 3.30GHz + Radeon Graphics + NVIDIA GeForce 3060 + 16GB RAM + SSD with Windows 11 pre-installed and I've been facing a particular issue ever since day 1.I have noticed that sometimes when loading or...
  7. Windows 10 Intermittent freeze / stuttering System PID 4?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Intermittent freeze / stuttering System PID 4?: Hi, A few months ago I purchased a new Dell Inspiron 13 5000. I was initially very pleased with it, but soon noticed Windows 10 was freezing intermittently for about 1-2 seconds every 12-15 seconds. The freezing does not crash the computer, but the scrolling is...
  8. Intermittent Stuttering/Freezing/Lock-Up on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intermittent Stuttering/Freezing/Lock-Up on Windows 10: Hello All, I'm new to the Microsoft community here, but I'm a long time Windows user. Recently I have been having a very irritating issue where my computer locks up/freezes/stutters for a split second. My mouse stops moving, typing stops, screen doesn't update in...
  9. Some applications work intermittently.

Some applications work intermittently.: Hi Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit I use Tysoft FTP Server & smtp4dev I find they run once, then fail to run again until I reboot my PC. Both apps show as 32bit applications. Has anyone had any similar issues with other applications and found a way around it ? Thanks 33927
  10. Intermittent video stuttering across multiple platforms.

in Windows 10 Support
    Intermittent video stuttering across multiple platforms.: Hi. After i upgraded to win10 i've encountered a problem i can't seem to figure out what is causing it. This happens on youtube in firefox, on twitch in opera and in vlc playing local files (all apps are latest version) But it's not a constant issue, it's intermittent. So...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 update from win8 intermittent stuttering