Windows 10: Intermittent temporary freezes-Event Viewer shows dozens of event 5379

Discus and support Intermittent temporary freezes-Event Viewer shows dozens of event 5379 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm having a tough time tracking down an issue with a new system. Occasionally, my system will freeze for a few seconds. The mouse will usually lock in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ZephyrFox, Jun 4, 2019.

1. ZephyrFox Win User

Intermittent temporary freezes-Event Viewer shows dozens of event 5379

I'm having a tough time tracking down an issue with a new system. Occasionally, my system will freeze for a few seconds. The mouse will usually lock in place, but not always. In any case, the system doesn't register input. If audio was playing, the audio will glitch or loop. If I'm playing an online game, I will normally get logged out of the game. The hard drive indicator will be lit during the freeze.

The system will eventually recover. Any inputs (mouse or keyboard) that were made while the system was frozen will then register. Videos (local or web) will have continued playing through the freeze (although the system was apparently frozen and the video will have appeared as paused) and will continue playing normally. I have a dual monitor setup and when the system recovers, sometimes the monitors will start blinking on and off. When they are on things are displayed as normal and can be interacted with as normal. A reboot will solve the blinking problem.

I've noticed the following happening in the event log in the security section each time the freeze happens:

Code: Audit Success 5/31/2019 3:39:19 PM Microsoft Windows security auditing. 5379 User Account Management (104 times) Audit Success 5/31/2019 3:39:19 PM Microsoft Windows security auditing. 4672 Special Logon Audit Success 5/31/2019 3:39:19 PM Microsoft Windows security auditing. 4624 Logon (14 times)[/quote] In general, for each freeze, there is at least one 4624 event and sometimes up to 20, followed by a single 4672 event, followed by dozens to hundreds of 5379 events. They all happen in the same second most of the time, but are occasionally spread out over 2-3 seconds. Sometimes, this pattern will repeat multiple times. These are the only events that happen around the time of the freeze. From searching online, these appear to be rather routine calls, but it's peculiar to me that there are so many and that they are all happening in the same second.

I've run multiple virus and system scans that have shown nothing. I've swapped the RAM and ran memtest on both sets of RAM without issues. I swapped the video card out as well. I've checked the SMART status of the hard drives. I've flashed the bios, reseated everything on the board, swapped the power supply, ran multiple stress tests, etc. Some googling around has mentioned potential solutions with disabling BITS and Intel RST technology. None of those have worked either.

I don't really see the point of a reinstall at this point because the system is relatively fresh. Short of installing Steam and a few games and the testing utilities I'm using to debug the issue, the Windows install is fresh.

Anyone have any ideas?

Specs:
    Intel Core i7 8086K
    Asus ROG Maximus X Code
    32 GB Corsair DDR4 or 16 GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series DDR4
    Asus RTX 2080TI or Asus GTX 1080TI

:)

ZephyrFox, Jun 4, 2019

2. Event 4672 & 4624 & 5379 PC Freezing

I have had this for a while now but it seems to have gotten worse recently. My PC has been freezing (1-4 seconds every hour or so) and the only thing that I can tie in is these Events happening at the same time as the freeze all the time.

Events 4672 (Special privileges assigned to new logon) and 4624 (An account was successfully logged on) happen together 3 times and Event 5379 (Credential Manager credentials were read) happens 9 times and i'm positive this is what is causing this.

Anyone have any thoughts as to why this causes a lockup?

Ryan Olrod, Jun 4, 2019
  3. spike47 Win User
    Error in event viewer

Hi

I keep geting the following in the Event viewer ,
    The description for Event ID (4) in source ( SuperProServer ) cannot be found . the local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display message from a remote computer . You may be able to use /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description . The following information is part of the event, The event log file is corrupt .

has anyone any ideas has to what this means .

cheers

spike47, Jun 4, 2019
  4. Intermittent temporary freezes-Event Viewer shows dozens of event 5379

Windows 10 Event Viewer Log

Hi Debi,

As per the information, I would like to inform that the errors registered under Event Viewer may not always mean that your PC is non responsive or dysfunctional. If you have experience any crash, freeze or dysfunctionality, you can refer to the error registered
    in Event Viewer for assistance.

I suggest that you send us the screenshot of the event viewer window so that we can introspect better.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

Intermittent temporary freezes-Event Viewer shows dozens of event 5379

1. Intermittent temporary freezes-Event Viewer shows dozens of event 5379 - Similar Threads - Intermittent temporary freezes

2. Mouse disconnects when event id 5379 appears in event viewer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse disconnects when event id 5379 appears in event viewer: I've had this issue for about a month and have been able to see a popup of event id 5379 in event viewer at the exact timestamp of when the mouse disconnects. Sometimes there is like 40 of the id 5379 spammed in a row and my mouse is frozen for like 3 sec. Been unable to play...
  3. Event Viewer stopped showing new events

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event Viewer stopped showing new events: I go to Event Viewer > Applications and Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows > Diagnostics-Performance > Operational.But there are no events listed for the past several weeks even though I’ve rebooted many times during that period. I clicked the Refresh button in the right...
  4. Event Viewer stopped showing new events

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer stopped showing new events: I go to Event Viewer > Applications and Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows > Diagnostics-Performance > Operational.But there are no events listed for the past several weeks even though I’ve rebooted many times during that period. I clicked the Refresh button in the right...
  5. Event Viewer stopped showing new events

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Event Viewer Freezes

Event Viewer Freezes: Hello, I am using Windows 10 21H1. As far as I know this has happened to every version since 1903 which I was forced to upgrade from several weeks ago.I have a fresh install and all of my drivers are up to date.If I open the event viewer mmc, open and event and then close the...
  7. Continuous freezing - event viewer showing floods of 5379 as well as periodic 4672, 4624, 4798

Continuous freezing - event viewer showing floods of 5379 as well as periodic 4672, 4624, 4798: Processor: IntelR CoreTM i3-2350M CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor RAM: 8.00 GB Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 20H2 OS Build: 19042.662 Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 My 2012 HP G6-series laptop has...
  8. Event Viewer freezes

Event Viewer freezes: Hi, After upgrade from 1909 to 2004 and after displaying properties of a single event the event viewer freezes. I can use the up/down arrows while an event property is open but as soon as I close the event property there is no way to select anything within the event viewer...
  9. Intermittent temporary freezes-Event Viewer shows dozens of event 5379

in Windows 10 Support
    Intermittent temporary freezes-Event Viewer shows dozens of event 5379: I'm having a tough time tracking down an issue with a new system. Occasionally, my system will freeze for a few seconds. The mouse will usually lock in place, but not always. In any case, the system doesn't register input. If audio was playing, the audio will glitch or loop....
  10. Event 4672 & 4624 & 5379 PC Freezing

Event 4672 & 4624 & 5379 PC Freezing: I have had this for a while now but it seems to have gotten worse recently. My PC has been freezing (1-4 seconds every hour or so) and the only thing that I can tie in is these Events happening at the same time as the freeze all the time. Events 4672 (Special privileges...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. event id 5379

2. user account management 5379 log success

3. event 5379 credential

4. window 10 hangs 5-10 seconds security auditing,
  5. windows 10 security log event id 5379,
  6. event log 5379 credential manager,
  7. windows 10 event id 5379,
  8. windows security auditing 5379,
  9. multiple 5379 event same second ,
  10. Microsoft Windows security 5379,
  11. what is microsoft windows 10 event id 5379 ,