Windows 10: intermittent tone after windows upgrade

Discus and support intermittent tone after windows upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an intermittent tone after my latest windows upgrade... it is a steady tone... sounds like a pure sine wave of F note. It goes away when when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by yawstick, Apr 15, 2021.

1. yawstick Win User

intermittent tone after windows upgrade

I have an intermittent tone after my latest windows upgrade... it is a steady tone... sounds like a pure sine wave of F note. It goes away when when normal sound is being played such as a youtube video and if you change volume it goes away momentarily. It is the even there with the speaker turned off via the volume slider. Quite annoying. Just like endless updates to windows.

:)

yawstick, Apr 15, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 15, 2021
  3. satchmo Win User
    Tones When Pressing Keys

Intermittently, when I press some keys on the keyboard, I would hear a triple-tone from Windows 10. Nothing would happen, but the three tones have progressively lower pitch, immediately followed by a four-tone signal, which have progressively higher pitch. This is the same signal that Windows makes when one unplugs an USB device and plugs it back in.

I cannot figure out which keys trigger this reaction. I know for a fact that arrow keys do it, but I think the enter key does it also, or even the space bar.

This only happens on my son's computer (desktop, home-built). There's no adverse effect on the performance of the computer, but it's a mystery why it happens and what the computer is actually doing.

Can anyone help me solve this mystery?

satchmo, Apr 15, 2021
  4. swarfega Win User

preparing to upgrade

You can try following this guide. I suggest either step 4 or step 7.

swarfega, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

1. intermittent tone after windows upgrade - Similar Threads - intermittent tone upgrade

2. Intermittent Reboots After Upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent Reboots After Upgrading to Windows 11: I have a new PC less than a year old that came with Windows 10, and I've had no issues whatsoever until I upgraded to Windows 11 yesterday. Since that time, I'm experiencing reboots every few hours. I went through the steps outlined in the Community Forum for running the...
  3. Intermittent Reboots After Upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intermittent Reboots After Upgrading to Windows 11: I have a new PC less than a year old that came with Windows 10, and I've had no issues whatsoever until I upgraded to Windows 11 yesterday. Since that time, I'm experiencing reboots every few hours. I went through the steps outlined in the Community Forum for running the...
  4. Pinyin tones keyboard in windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pinyin tones keyboard in windows: I wanted to type pinyin with tone marks. For example: ni3hao3 --> nîhâo So I searched how, but when I arrived at the last step after setting up Japanese language. I couldn't find pinyin tones in the language keyboard from the Japanese language options. I have also tried...
  5. Intermittent BSOD after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, no hardware changes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intermittent BSOD after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, no hardware changes: Hey everybody, hoping to see if anyone can help me out here. I upgraded my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10 just a month ago and since then I've been getting and intermittent BSOD with the stopcode CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED every time it happens. It doesn't seem to be related to...
  6. Notification Tones in Windows 10 after upgrade from win7?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notification Tones in Windows 10 after upgrade from win7?: I recently (10 days ago) completed an in-place upgrade from win7. It was surprisingly without real issues, only several niggly ones that have been sorted out. But there remains something 'missing'. In win7, users got tones for various functions, like a USB stick plugged...
  7. Intermittent Windows 10 deactivation after cloning hard drive and upgrading hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Intermittent Windows 10 deactivation after cloning hard drive and upgrading hardware: I recently built a new computer and cloned my old hard drive to a new hard drive. I have intermittently been seeing a "Activate Windows" prompt which sometimes disappears after restarting. When I try to reactivate Windows 10, it fails, and then I select the option stating...
  8. No audio, failed to play test tone after windows update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio, failed to play test tone after windows update.: I've tried restarting both of the windows audio services (including AudioEndpointBuilder) as well as reinstalling the exact realtek audio driver for my motherboard that fixed a similar issue previously. When I try to change the default audio format (frequency and bit depth)...
  9. Caps Lock on: need continous tone or keystroke tone

in Windows 10 Support
    Caps Lock on: need continous tone or keystroke tone: I am 66. When typing documents I need to frequently change between Caps lock on and Caps Lock off, and I have trouble remembering which way it is set. My keyboard is adapted for limited vision but has no Caps Lock light. I can only type while looking closely at the keyboard....
  10. Intermittent networking issues after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intermittent networking issues after upgrading to Windows 10: I have a Notebook, Desktop and a Laptop. All connected using a Home Network. All were on Windows 7 until the Desktop and the Laptop was upgraded to Windows 10 (Desktop: Windows 10 Home Premium, 32 bit. Laptop: Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit). The network functioned well...