Windows 10: Intermittent USB Faiilure

Discus and support Intermittent USB Faiilure in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My USB keyboard and mouse routinely fail in Win10. If I move either to a different hub, they work again for a while but all will eventually fail on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RonVT, Aug 6, 2022.

1. RonVT Win User

Intermittent USB Faiilure

My USB keyboard and mouse routinely fail in Win10. If I move either to a different hub, they work again for a while but all will eventually fail on the new hub as well. Reinstalled Win10 and updated. Eliminated Windows ability to turn off power at the USB root in Device Manager and power save setting are turned off. The Bios is up to date and AMD chip driver is the latest. I tried multiple USB keyboard and mouse but they all have the same symptoms. AMD Ryzen 7 2700XMSI B450 Tomahawk16GB DRAMCrucial M.2 P2 500GB boot drive with updated firmwareEVGA GA 650 PS

:)

RonVT, Aug 6, 2022
  2. Don939 Win User

USB mouse works intermittently

My usb mouse only works intermittently (disappears and reappears. When I go to device manager and highlight the mouse, the device manager list of devices goes through a cycle of reappearing and disappearing. How can I get the mouse to work without interruption?
    I have tried updating and reinstalling the drives. I have also changed the power saver settings so that the usb ports do not shut off.

Don939, Aug 6, 2022
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Aug 6, 2022
  4. JoeJuan Win User

Intermittent Beeping Sound

Before I elaborate on the steps taken so far, allow me to notify you that I have done research on this issue via the internet. Armed with the suggested solutions, I then:

1) Clicked on the 'Start' button, followed by 'Settings'. Then on the 'Settings' window, I clicked on 'System' followed by a click on the 'Notifications & actions' On the right pane, I set the 'Get notifications from apps and other senders' switch to 'Off'.
    No changes were made but it had no effect on the intermittent sounds.

2) I then added the 'Get tips, tricks and suggestions as you use Windows' and disabled it. Again this did not help at all.

3) I then enabled the switches for both items back to 'On'

4) Clicked on the 'Start' button, followed by 'Settings'. Then on the 'Settings' window, I clicked on 'Devices' followed by a click on the 'USB'. I then set the one and only switch to notify me if there are issues connecting to USB devices to 'Off'. Again this
    did not helped as the intermittent sound still occurred. I therefore set it back to 'On'.

5) I clicked on the 'Control Panel' (since I enabled that icon for my desktop), followed a click on the 'Hardware and Sounds' item. On the next page that appeared, I clicked on the 'Change system sound' item. Then on the 'Sound' window, I selected the 'Sounds'
    tab. A list of system sounds appeared under the 'Windows Default' and I moved the cursor to the 'Device Disconnect' item. I then set the sounds associated with that event to '(None)'. The 'Apply' button was pressed followed by the 'OK' button and closing of
    the 'Control Panel' window. The intermittent sound did not occur anymore. However, since I set the sounds to (none), I WILL NOT be notified whenever a device is disconnected and this is what is causing a problem - I prefer to be notified.

Hopefully you would be able to suggest a better solution. BTW, this problem did not occur initially. Only when the Windows 10 updates were applied recently (about one or two months ago) did the problem surfaced. This was the reason why I suspected that the
    updates was the culprit...but I could be wrong.

JoeJuan, Aug 6, 2022
Thema:

1. Intermittent USB Faiilure - Similar Threads - Intermittent USB Faiilure

2. Blue Screen KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAIILURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAIILURE: My computer has been crashing from time to time for a few days now. No new hardware has been connected, the problem also occurs when no external devices are connected.Chkdsk, scannow and mdsched have not produced any results.Here is the analysis result from the DMP...
  3. Blue Screen KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAIILURE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAIILURE: My computer has been crashing from time to time for a few days now. No new hardware has been connected, the problem also occurs when no external devices are connected.Chkdsk, scannow and mdsched have not produced any results.Here is the analysis result from the DMP...
  4. Intermittent USB Faiilure

Intermittent USB Faiilure: My USB keyboard and mouse routinely fail in Win10. If I move either to a different hub, they work again for a while but all will eventually fail on the new hub as well. Reinstalled Win10 and updated. Eliminated Windows ability to turn off power at the USB root in Device...
  5. Intermittent USB Faiilure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intermittent USB Faiilure: My USB keyboard and mouse routinely fail in Win10. If I move either to a different hub, they work again for a while but all will eventually fail on the new hub as well. Reinstalled Win10 and updated. Eliminated Windows ability to turn off power at the USB root in Device...
  6. USB-C Dock Intermittent USB Mouse and Keyboard Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C Dock Intermittent USB Mouse and Keyboard Issues: Hello,I'm having a weird issue that I'm hoping someone else has seen before. I have 2 different USB-C docking stations with 2 monitors, a mouse, and keyboard plugged into them. Randomly, the mouse and keyboard will stop working for a very short time and then start working...
  7. USB-C Dock Intermittent USB Mouse and Keyboard Issues

USB-C Dock Intermittent USB Mouse and Keyboard Issues: Hello,I'm having a weird issue that I'm hoping someone else has seen before. I have 2 different USB-C docking stations with 2 monitors, a mouse, and keyboard plugged into them. Randomly, the mouse and keyboard will stop working for a very short time and then start working...
  8. USB-C Dock Intermittent USB Mouse and Keyboard Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Intermittent USB Operation

Intermittent USB Operation: Hi MS Community, I just got a new Xeon based machine with the nVIDA RTX5000 video card. The system is running Windows 10 Pro ver 1903. The problem is with the USB ports. They keep connecting/disconnecting many times per minute. If I connect an external USB hard drive, I...
  10. USB mouse works intermittently

USB mouse works intermittently: My usb mouse only works intermittently (disappears and reappears. When I go to device manager and highlight the mouse, the device manager list of devices goes through a cycle of reappearing and disappearing. How can I get the mouse to work without interruption? I have...