Windows 10: Intermittent USB Operation

Discus and support Intermittent USB Operation in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi MS Community, I just got a new Xeon based machine with the nVIDA RTX5000 video card. The system is running Windows 10 Pro ver 1903. The problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Schifty2, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Schifty2 Win User

Intermittent USB Operation

Hi MS Community,

I just got a new Xeon based machine with the nVIDA RTX5000 video card. The system is running Windows 10 Pro ver 1903.

The problem is with the USB ports. They keep connecting/disconnecting many times per minute. If I connect an external USB hard drive, I keep getting messages asking what I want to do with the drive. As for the USB audio support, it works for 5+ seconds and then cuts out (stops) and it will also pause the YouTube video that is playing. I have checked, ALL the drivers are the latest versions. The issue persists through USB HUBs connected to the USB ports on the back of the motherboard. The external hard drive and audio speakers work on other computers, just not this one.

Has this happened to anyone?? What could be the cause of this intermittent operation. How can it be fixed???

Thanks in advanced for your assistance is solving this issue.

:)

Schifty2, Sep 17, 2019

2. need list of usb bootable Operating Systems

I am looking for a good list of operating systems you can run from a usb or dvd.

If not a list, then folks can just post their top picks.

I want these to run from the usb/dvd without installing on the system or getting in the way of the system that exists on the hard drive.

Thanks in advance.

John Phoenix, Sep 17, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Sep 17, 2019
  4. Don939 Win User

USB mouse works intermittently

My usb mouse only works intermittently (disappears and reappears. When I go to device manager and highlight the mouse, the device manager list of devices goes through a cycle of reappearing and disappearing. How can I get the mouse to work without interruption?
    I have tried updating and reinstalling the drives. I have also changed the power saver settings so that the usb ports do not shut off.

Don939, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Intermittent USB Operation - Similar Threads - Intermittent USB Operation

2. Funky USB Audio operation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Funky USB Audio operation: Hi, I have a problem with my new USB headphoneIs it just me or does anyone else notice USB headphones always have one side louder than the other, in my case the right side is louder than the leftI used the configuration tab in the control panel sound playback menu and both...
  3. Funky USB Audio operation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Funky USB Audio operation: Hi, I have a problem with my new USB headphoneIs it just me or does anyone else notice USB headphones always have one side louder than the other, in my case the right side is louder than the leftI used the configuration tab in the control panel sound playback menu and both...
  4. Intermittent USB Faiilure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent USB Faiilure: My USB keyboard and mouse routinely fail in Win10. If I move either to a different hub, they work again for a while but all will eventually fail on the new hub as well. Reinstalled Win10 and updated. Eliminated Windows ability to turn off power at the USB root in Device...
  5. Intermittent USB Faiilure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intermittent USB Faiilure: My USB keyboard and mouse routinely fail in Win10. If I move either to a different hub, they work again for a while but all will eventually fail on the new hub as well. Reinstalled Win10 and updated. Eliminated Windows ability to turn off power at the USB root in Device...
  6. Intermittent USB Faiilure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. USB-C Dock Intermittent USB Mouse and Keyboard Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C Dock Intermittent USB Mouse and Keyboard Issues: Hello,I'm having a weird issue that I'm hoping someone else has seen before. I have 2 different USB-C docking stations with 2 monitors, a mouse, and keyboard plugged into them. Randomly, the mouse and keyboard will stop working for a very short time and then start working...
  8. Troubleshooting intermittent "The specified server cannot perform the requested operation"...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Troubleshooting intermittent "The specified server cannot perform the requested operation"...: I hope this is the right spot to post this. If not some help direction would be appreciated. Here is a quick introduction to my setup and problem: Running Windows 10 Pro (physical machine) with a network share configured on a Drive Bender hard drive (5 pooled discs) The...
  9. SDXC Card as D:\ intermittently becomes unavailable during operation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SDXC Card as D:\ intermittently becomes unavailable during operation: I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 6 running Windows 10. I have a ScanDisk SDXC card that operates as D:\. This works most of the time, however, in the middle of normal operations, it suddenly becomes unavailable, and D:\ disappears from the File Explorer. When I restart it will...
  10. USB mouse works intermittently

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB mouse works intermittently: My usb mouse only works intermittently (disappears and reappears. When I go to device manager and highlight the mouse, the device manager list of devices goes through a cycle of reappearing and disappearing. How can I get the mouse to work without interruption? I have...