Windows 10: Intermittent WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Discus and support Intermittent WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; 2 months ago, I had to reinstall a new Windows copy on my HP laptop using installation media created from another pc. After that, my laptop started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CrissL, Jul 19, 2021.

1. CrissL Win User

Intermittent WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

2 months ago, I had to reinstall a new Windows copy on my HP laptop using installation media created from another pc. After that, my laptop started having BSOD which is WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. It happens very randomly a few times a day or once every few days. It happens randomly for most of the time but it get triggered sometimes by me using Windows shortcut such as Win+Space and Win+Shift+S. Recently, it happens even more frequently.In the past month, I've check ram, drives, drivers, malware and everything appeared to be fine. As for the minidump, I've been getting "Dump file

:)

CrissL, Jul 19, 2021

2. How to fix Whea_Uncorrectable_Error

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message along with the error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • From when are you facing this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Are you able to boot the device to desktop?

I would like to inform that the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR bug check has a value of 0x00000124. This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture
    (WHEA).

I suggest you to refer to the below article, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned and check if it helps.

Refer: Bug Check 0x124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Hope it helps. If the issue still persist reply to the post with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 19, 2021
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Stop Code: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Hi,

This might be caused by faulty driver, hardware issues or antivirus software problems. We suggest checking this
    article that has steps on how to resolve stop code WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Anne Ros, Jul 19, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

how to fix WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124) ???

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. However, In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, we will need the following details:

• When do you the error message?
    • Which build version and edition of Windows are you using? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

As per the dump file shared by you, the error seems to be with the Cache of the Intel processor. I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

How to fix WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
    and see if that helps.

You may also refer the troubleshooting steps in the article
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    and see if that helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Intermittent WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR - Similar Threads - Intermittent WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

2. Frequent Intermittent BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent Intermittent BSOD: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XfIrCSysB1a6_o4T4MwdNzleoy4ipsaH/view?usp=sharingMinidumps for last 5 crashes linked, I believe all while running Driver Verifier. I have had other error codes in the past but the minidumps have been overwritten Secure kernel error, Page fault...
  3. Frequent Intermittent BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent Intermittent BSOD: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XfIrCSysB1a6_o4T4MwdNzleoy4ipsaH/view?usp=sharingMinidumps for last 5 crashes linked, I believe all while running Driver Verifier. I have had other error codes in the past but the minidumps have been overwritten Secure kernel error, Page fault...
  4. My Computer keeps crashing intermittently, Please help! Bug Check code 278, event ID 41,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Computer keeps crashing intermittently, Please help! Bug Check code 278, event ID 41,...: I have been crashing and restarting randomly when i am in gameOverwatch 2 and Fortnite.This began on March 10th when I was playing overwatch 2, it randomly crashed out of nowhere. restarted, join back the game, thought it was one off issue. However, next game i crashed again...
  5. My Computer keeps crashing intermittently, Please help! Bug Check code 278, event ID 41,...

My Computer keeps crashing intermittently, Please help! Bug Check code 278, event ID 41,...: I have been crashing and restarting randomly when i am in gameOverwatch 2 and Fortnite.This began on March 10th when I was playing overwatch 2, it randomly crashed out of nowhere. restarted, join back the game, thought it was one off issue. However, next game i crashed again...
  6. My Computer keeps crashing intermittently, Please help! Bug Check code 278, event ID 41,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. All Printers, Including Print to PDF intermittently offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Printers, Including Print to PDF intermittently offline: Windows 11 64-Bit. All of the printers will intermittently go offline. This includes the software printers ie Microsoft's Print to PDF, Print to XPS, Adobe Print to PDF and hardware printers HP OfficeJet. If I go in and check the printers communication is restored after a few...
  8. All Printers, Including Print to PDF intermittently offline

All Printers, Including Print to PDF intermittently offline: Windows 11 64-Bit. All of the printers will intermittently go offline. This includes the software printers ie Microsoft's Print to PDF, Print to XPS, Adobe Print to PDF and hardware printers HP OfficeJet. If I go in and check the printers communication is restored after a few...
  9. Windows 10 Intermittent Slow Down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Intermittent Slow Down: My windows 10 laptop often runs slowly for a few minutes and fast for a few minutes and it just repeats. I looked in task manager and saw that when it was slow the CPU utilisation was less than 15%. When it was fast it remained at around 30%-70%. It also made a lot of...
  10. Windows 10 Intermittent Slow Down

Windows 10 Intermittent Slow Down: My windows 10 laptop often runs slowly for a few minutes and fast for a few minutes and it just repeats. I looked in task manager and saw that when it was slow the CPU utilisation was less than 15%. When it was fast it remained at around 30%-70%. It also made a lot of...