Windows 10: intermittent wifi on new laptop

Discus and support intermittent wifi on new laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Bought Dell Inspiron 14 5000 windows 10. Internet supplier Virgin media. My internet keeps dropping out regularly even though VM say there are no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Loonap, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Loonap Win User

intermittent wifi on new laptop

Bought Dell Inspiron 14 5000 windows 10. Internet supplier Virgin media. My internet keeps dropping out regularly even though VM say there are no issues when I report on via their app. Other users in my household seem to connect. They say their internet is slow but this laptop seems to have worse connection problems. Any ideas? Many thanks

:)

Loonap, Apr 27, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Losing internet connection intermittently only on laptop

Hi Lindamartin,

For us to know the reason why your laptop is losing internet connection intermittently and how to fix it, we would like to know more information:

• Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below and check if it will solve the issue:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Internet Connections.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

We suggest you to update the Network adapters driver from the Device Manager.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on Start button and click on
    Device Manager.

2. Expand the
    Network adapters driver from the list.

3. Right click on the driver and click on
    Update driver Software.

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Apr 27, 2020
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Apr 27, 2020
  4. cheetahfm Win User

Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

1. intermittent wifi on new laptop - Similar Threads - intermittent wifi laptop

2. Intermittent wifi connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intermittent wifi connection: Ever since windows 11 was downloaded on my laptop it has had intermittent wifi connection issues. It runs fine connected for several minutes but after a while it acts as though there is no wifi connection even though it shows that it has connection. The router isn’t the...
  3. Wifi connectivity intermittent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi connectivity intermittent: Hi, we have end devices running on windows with Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 8265.It has been sometime after identifying this intermittent connectivity issue when the Laptop is plug into power supply.Anyone has similar issue when the device was plug into power supply and get's...
  4. Wifi connectivity intermittent

Wifi connectivity intermittent: Hi, we have end devices running on windows with Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 8265.It has been sometime after identifying this intermittent connectivity issue when the Laptop is plug into power supply.Anyone has similar issue when the device was plug into power supply and get's...
  5. Wifi drops intermittently

Wifi drops intermittently: Hi, before I had no problems with the Wi-Fi signal anywhere in my house. But since I got the SSD, even being within 2 feet of the router, my signal will randomly lose strength or cut off completely. It mostly happens while watching Netflix. No other device on the network has...
  6. Intermittent WiFi disconnections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intermittent WiFi disconnections: Hello there,I am facing random and intermittent WiFi disconnections on my Windows 10.All of a sudden it shows a "globe" in the taskbar, then it reconnects later, or I have to turn the WiFi off then on to reconnect.My Windows is up to date and so is the driver.Thanks for any...
  7. Wifi working intermittently

Wifi working intermittently: I have a Dell Inspirion 7559, and for the past few days my wifi has been working intermittently. It happens out of nowhere, and the problem can last from a few hours to a few days.I used the command "ping -t google.com" to see what the problem is, and this is what I got. I'm...
  8. Intermittent Slow Wifi

Intermittent Slow Wifi: Hi All, On one of my machines, wifi is intermittent. It ocassionaly works well, but mostly is painfull slow, or cannot connect at all. The problem started a couple of weeks ago, before that it was fine. Speed test over ethernet: ping 8ms, download 36Mbp upload 9Mbps Speed...
  9. Wifi drops intermittently

Wifi drops intermittently: Hi, I have an Acer laptop that originally had Windows 10, and after the hard drive died last week, I had a new SSD installed with Windows 10 loaded again. Before I had no problems with the Wi-Fi signal anywhere in my house. But since I got the SSD, even being 3 feet from the...
  10. Intermittent WiFi disconnections

Intermittent WiFi disconnections: Hello There, I'm facing random and intermittent WiFi disconnections on my Windows 10. Suddenly it displays " globe" shape in the taskbar, then reconnects later, or I have to turn off then turn on the WiFi to reconnect again. My windows is updated, and the driver is...