Windows 10: Intermittent WiFi problems after Windows update

Discus and support Intermittent WiFi problems after Windows update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I have encountered Wi-Fi connectivity issues on my Windows 10 laptop since mid-October 2019. I think some updates were installed then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KatherineMosley, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Intermittent WiFi problems after Windows update

Hello

I have encountered Wi-Fi connectivity issues on my Windows 10 laptop since mid-October 2019. I think some updates were installed then (automatically). Every few seconds, the laptop loses Internet connectivity. Other devices on the same Wi-Fi network work well.

I tried to uninstall the updates, but they seem to be reinstalled and a security update cannot be uninstalled.

Any help appreciated.

:)

KatherineMosley, Oct 28, 2019
  2. Bob338 Win User

Wifi and browser problems with windows 10

I'll tell you how I fixed an identical problem on a ASUS laptop that had run perfectly on Windows 7 and ran well on W10 from January until the Anniversary update in early August. I tried everything I found on this forum and two others. Nothing worked. The last thing someone suggested was disabling the adapter and using a WiFi dongle. Problem continued. Nobody suggested changing the wireless network adapter. I bought and installed an Intel 7260 WiFi card and just used the driver which was downloaded on the reboot after the install. All problems solved!!

I must have wasted two months reading and trying everything. Even the manufacturer support inferred I needed a new machine though they sent me a Windows 8.1 driver to try, with the same result.

I'd suggest contacting the manufacturer to determine if they white list any cards and see if they have suggestions for a compatible card. They may want you to buy another laptop but if the cards aren't white listed, a simple card swap to one compatible with Windows 10 seems to be the answer.

Bob338, Oct 28, 2019
  3. Callender Win User
    Intermittent problems with TLS handshake and being timed out

Check DNS settings for both network adapters. Your Wifi might be set to use a different DNS server.

Getting message when trying to connect - Windows 10 Forums

Option Two follow steps then pick a DNS server from the list in item 7. Personally I use CloudFlare DNS

EDIT: Reset router first as already suggested.

Callender, Oct 28, 2019
  4. Jessen P Win User

Intermittent WiFi problems after Windows update

Intermittent WiFi after Anniversary Update

Hi Aleksas,

I appreciate you for trying some steps in order to get the issue fixed.

I would request you to update the router firmware as it may include some settings for the router so that it works flawlessly with the anniversary update.

Please revert if you still face issue with intermittent WiFi.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

Intermittent WiFi problems after Windows update

1. Intermittent WiFi problems after Windows update - Similar Threads - Intermittent WiFi problems

2. Intermittent wifi connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intermittent wifi connection: Ever since windows 11 was downloaded on my laptop it has had intermittent wifi connection issues. It runs fine connected for several minutes but after a while it acts as though there is no wifi connection even though it shows that it has connection. The router isn’t the...
  3. Wifi drops intermittently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi drops intermittently: Hi, before I had no problems with the Wi-Fi signal anywhere in my house. But since I got the SSD, even being within 2 feet of the router, my signal will randomly lose strength or cut off completely. It mostly happens while watching Netflix. No other device on the network has...
  4. Intermittent WiFi disconnections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intermittent WiFi disconnections: Hello there,I am facing random and intermittent WiFi disconnections on my Windows 10.All of a sudden it shows a "globe" in the taskbar, then it reconnects later, or I have to turn the WiFi off then on to reconnect.My Windows is up to date and so is the driver.Thanks for any...
  5. Wifi working intermittently

Wifi working intermittently: I have a Dell Inspirion 7559, and for the past few days my wifi has been working intermittently. It happens out of nowhere, and the problem can last from a few hours to a few days.I used the command "ping -t google.com" to see what the problem is, and this is what I got. I'm...
  6. Intermittent Slow Wifi

Intermittent Slow Wifi: Hi All, On one of my machines, wifi is intermittent. It ocassionaly works well, but mostly is painfull slow, or cannot connect at all. The problem started a couple of weeks ago, before that it was fine. Speed test over ethernet: ping 8ms, download 36Mbp upload 9Mbps Speed...
  7. No available wifi network connections - intermittent windows 10 problem

No available wifi network connections - intermittent windows 10 problem: I find that I am not always presented with a list of available wifi connections to connect to. This problem is temporarily cured by rebooting the machine. Best regards, Nick...
  8. Intermittent WiFi disconnections

Intermittent WiFi disconnections: Hello There, I'm facing random and intermittent WiFi disconnections on my Windows 10. Suddenly it displays " globe" shape in the taskbar, then reconnects later, or I have to turn off then turn on the WiFi to reconnect again. My windows is updated, and the driver is...
  9. Intermittent WiFi issues after the Windows 10 May 2019 update

Intermittent WiFi issues after the Windows 10 May 2019 update: Hello I have been running into wifi connectivity issues on my Windows 10 laptop, since around mid-May 2019. I believe some updates were installed then (automatically). Every few seconds, the laptop loses connectivity to the internet. Other devices on the same wifi network,...
  10. WIFI problem after Windows update Installed

WIFI problem after Windows update Installed: Hi, I am using a Netgear WNA3100 USB wifi to connect to my router. Today WIndows update installed KB4493509 and when windows started the wifi authentication now fails when trying to connect to my router. After unstalling KB4493509, the wifi connects without any issue. So...