Windows 10: Intermittent wireless keyboard and mouse on Windows 10

Discus and support Intermittent wireless keyboard and mouse on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Had serious problem with intermittent wireless keyboard and mouse on Windows 10. Followed advice as detailed on numerous threads on this board but to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RoySmyth1, Jan 22, 2021.

1. RoySmyth1 Win User

Intermittent wireless keyboard and mouse on Windows 10

Had serious problem with intermittent wireless keyboard and mouse on Windows 10. Followed advice as detailed on numerous threads on this board but to no effect.

Other reasons caused me to replace my printer, with which I had problem due to wireless connection. Suggested by documentation that if I was using ethernet connection for my pc, I should go wireless.

This I did, all problems with printer disappeared, as did the keyboard and mouse issues. No further occurrence of intermittency since.

Interested if this could solve same issues for other Windows 10 users.

:)

RoySmyth1, Jan 22, 2021
  2. toddmo Win User

Logitech wireless keyboard / mouse hangs

Problems

• Intermittent nature
    • The mouse will often hang (won't move)
    • The keyboard will often not type
    • Sometimes, the keys get saved up and come out later all at once, and sometimes they never come out
    • The mouse seems to have difficulty traveling to the top left of the screen.

Equipment

• Dell Precision M3800 Laptop
    • Windows 10 Professional operating system
    • Logitech wireless keyboard (K270)
    • Logitech wireless mouse (M185). They came in the same box / use the same dongle.
    • "Plugable USB 3.0" docking station that runs the DisplayLink software. It has two monitors attached to it, one by DVI and the other by HDMI. It's plugged into the laptop by USB.

Troubleshooting Steps Taken

• Wired keyboard and wired mouse work great.
    • When wireless was plugged in, it was in a USB port on the laptop itself, not the docking station
    • I rerouted the monitors to plug directly into the laptop (take this docking station out of the equation). So far the wireless keyboard/mouse are not malfunctioning. This seems to indicate that the docking station is a necessary component to reproduce the problem). But I have to give it 1-2 days to make sure because the problem is intermittent.

Question

What would be a good first choice for a fix I can try that won't hurt anything (update a driver...where?)?

toddmo, Jan 22, 2021
  3. wireless mouse/keyboard lag in windows 10

Windows detects the mouse and keyboard. The problem is that since upgrading to windows 10 both wireless devises, but especially the keyboards, intermittently lag severely.

PaulEllenbogen, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

Win10 Wireless logitech keyboard and mouse lags intermittently suddenly

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue could occur when the drivers are not compatible with Windows 10 could be hardware or performance issue, I suggest you please try few of the troubleshooting steps below to further narrow down to the root cause of the issue.

1. May I know, if you have tried with different keyboard or mouse?

2. Which version of Windows is currently installed on your system?

Method 1: Wireless product not working properly when also using a USB 3.0 device.

I suggest you to check the article
    Wireless product not working properly when also using a USB 3.0 device
    provided by your manufacturer and try the troubleshooting steps.

Method 2: Update the drivers from the manufacturer.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the current driver, download and install
    Driver-Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices drivers from the
    manufacturer
    and also check the
    drivers
    for wireless devices.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Regards,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Intermittent wireless keyboard and mouse on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Intermittent wireless keyboard

2. Wireless Unifying Logitech Keyboard Mouse/Keyboard intermittently stop working till a reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Unifying Logitech Keyboard Mouse/Keyboard intermittently stop working till a reboot: I have been using my Logitech wireless M235 mouse & K230 wireless keyboard paired mouse on windows 10 without any issues paired with a Logitech Unifying receiver. I recently changed my desktop hardware & freshly installed Windows 11 on my desktop PC. My problem is that both...
  3. Wireless Unifying Logitech Keyboard Mouse/Keyboard intermittently stop working till a reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Unifying Logitech Keyboard Mouse/Keyboard intermittently stop working till a reboot: I have been using my Logitech wireless M235 mouse & K230 wireless keyboard paired mouse on windows 10 without any issues paired with a Logitech Unifying receiver. I recently changed my desktop hardware & freshly installed Windows 11 on my desktop PC. My problem is that both...
  4. Intermittently unresponsive keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittently unresponsive keyboard and mouse: This issue started only after updating to Windows 11 and has now affected the functionality of three different MS Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard/mouse combinations.The latest issue is with a replacement/replacement Microsoft Sculpt Ergo Desktop keyboard and USB receiver Device...
  5. Intermittently unresponsive keyboard and mouse

Intermittently unresponsive keyboard and mouse: This issue started only after updating to Windows 11 and has now affected the functionality of three different MS Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard/mouse combinations.The latest issue is with a replacement/replacement Microsoft Sculpt Ergo Desktop keyboard and USB receiver Device...
  6. Logitech wireless keyboard intermittently is not responsive to keystrokes and the mouse...

Logitech wireless keyboard intermittently is not responsive to keystrokes and the mouse...: My Logitech wireless keyboard intermittently is not responsive to keystrokes and the mouse becomes jumpy and non responsive. I have the same set up at home that I do at work. This issue is prevalent on both machines. Both machines are running windows 10 Both machines...
  7. Wireless mouse and keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless mouse and keyboard: I have a Lenovo laptop that was just forced to update to windows 1o. Now my Logitech wireless mouse and key board wont work. What do I do to make them work again?...
  8. USB Mouse and Keyboard intermittently not responding; Windows 10

USB Mouse and Keyboard intermittently not responding; Windows 10: Over the last few months (actually TBH the mouse started near the beginning of the year but it's been most notable during the last few months), both mouse and keyboard (specifically Razer Naga Hex v2 and Blackwidow Ultimate) have been intermittently failing to respond, albeit...
  9. Win10 Wireless logitech keyboard and mouse lags intermittently suddenly

Win10 Wireless logitech keyboard and mouse lags intermittently suddenly: Have had Logitech M185 mouse and K270 keyboard for years and got a HP preinstalled Windows 10 PC this past Christmas w/o any issues until yesterday. I noticed huge lag in keyboard responsiveness and then slight lag with mouse. Ended up replacing with fresh batteries to no...
  10. Wireless Keyboard and Mouse

Wireless Keyboard and Mouse: I have an Inspiron 4471 AIO, a Dell Desktop and an Acer Laptop all running W10 ver 1809 with the latest updates. The wireless keyboard and mouse that came with the Inspiron work just fine but I want to replace the keyboard with a Logitech or Microsoft Keyboard/Mouse...