Windows 10: Intermittent Wireless Network/Internet disconnects

Discus and support Intermittent Wireless Network/Internet disconnects in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have a HP 15 Notebook PC running Windows 10 Home. My ISP is Frontier and I connect with a Netgear D2200D modem/router. For quite a while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lisa Michaud, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Intermittent Wireless Network/Internet disconnects

Hi,

I have a HP 15 Notebook PC running Windows 10 Home. My ISP is Frontier and I connect with a Netgear D2200D modem/router.

For quite a while now, I have had problems connecting to the internet and to the network itself, but my husband's tablet has no connection problems at all.

One minute I am connected with 4 bars connectivity, the next I am either down to 1 bar but can connect to websites, or 1 bar but can't connect. At other times I am connected to the network, but not to the internet and sometimes I am just completely disconnected from the network and my laptop can't find any networks to connect to. Then, suddenly I have 4 bars again & everything is fine although sometimes the response time is excruciatingly slow.

I also have intermittent connection problems with my wireless network printer.

When I connect with the ethernet cable, I have no problems.

I have run every diagnostic I can find, and done every reset suggested. I had a Frontier tech out who changed us from a 3 mb connection to a 6 mb, and changed the channels. It seemed to work while he was here and for a short time after, but then went back to the same issues.

On Chrome, when I can't connect I get error messages such as "ERR _TUNNEL_CONNECTION_FAILED" and "ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED." Yesterday, I did some research on the "tunnel" message and made changes that were recommended in a number of places: I Disabled the Proxy Setting, Reset Network, and reset the TCP/IP and flushed the DNS.

Nothing has worked and I am extremely frustrated with the whole thing. I have about decided that it must be a problem with the wireless module or card. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for me and if my conclusion of hardware problems makes sense. I can do the installation myself, so that's not a problem.

TYIA!

:)

Lisa Michaud, Aug 16, 2019

2. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter disconnects intermittently

Hi,

Thank you responding.

As you facing issues accessing the internet connection, do let us know if you have tried all the troubleshooting steps being provided in the link given by
    Akheel Ahmed on November 16, 2015.

Also, I suggest you to use different adapter and check if the issue persists.

As a work around, I suggest you to Run Network Adapter troubleshooter

Network Adapter troubleshooter find and fix the problems with wireless and other Network Adapter.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.

• In the left pane, click on View all.

• Click on Network Adapter Troubleshooter.

• Select “Advance” and click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Windows 10: Wireless Intermittently Disconnecting

Hi Christopher,

Welcome to our Microsoft Community. Thank you for showing your interest in Windows 10.

I would suggest you to check the following methods.

This issue may occur due to corrupt network drivers or settings.

I would suggest you to run network adapter troubleshooter
    and check if it helps. Please follow these steps:

Method 1:

a. Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.

b. Click troubleshooting in the search results.

c. Click "View all" and then click "Network Adapter".

d. Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

Method 2:

Remove and re-create the wireless network connection

To remove and re-create the wireless network connection, follow these steps:

1.Click Start, type
    ncpa.cpl
    , and then hit Enter.

2.Right-click your wireless network connection, and then click
    Properties

3.Click the Wireless Networks tab.

4.Under Preferred networks, click your wireless network, and then click
    Remove.

5.Click View Wireless Networks.

6.Under Network Tasks, click Refresh Network List.

7.Under Choose a wireless network, click the wireless network to which you want to connect, and then click
    Connect.

Also follow the troubleshooting steps from this article and check if it helps.

Note: This article also applies to Windows 10

Wired and Wireless Network Problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Why can’t I get offline?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-10/getstarted-why-cant-i-get-connected

If you need further assistance we will be glad to help.

Thanks and Regards

Anup Karkal

Anupkarkal1709, Aug 16, 2019
  4. Intermittent Wireless Network/Internet disconnects

Wireless network drops intermittently, needs reset to reconnect

I noticed a strange (puzzling!) but extremely interesting phenomenon during a video conference call this morning.

1. The network dropped as usual, at some time during the video call.
    2. But the video call using Zoom.us, *did not drop!*. That's right - the 1 hour of network down time did not affect the Zoom.us video call at at.
    3. But other services, specifically, web browser-based services reported no network. I all my browsers - Chrome, Edge, FF - I could not connect to any websites. Also, I have "pseudo-web apps" running, such as WhatsApp's desktop app (which seems to be a shell around a browser), all of which seemed unable to connect. Google Hangouts could not connect either.
    4. Weirdly, another collaboration desktop app that I used - Slack - was able to *partially connect!*. That is, I was able to send and receive messages on Slack while the network was out for the hour, but Slack *still* reported no network connection (weird!).

It leads me to believe (and I could be wrong), that *some* parts of the network seem to go down and not come back up until they wireless connection is reset. Maybe some ports, like 80/8080/465/587/110/... are being shut down?

Any ideas?

Intermittent Wireless Network/Internet disconnects [​IMG]

kunalashar, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

Intermittent Wireless Network/Internet disconnects

1. Intermittent Wireless Network/Internet disconnects - Similar Threads - Intermittent Wireless Network

2. intermittent internet disconnections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    intermittent internet disconnections: ive been having random internet disconnections for a while on my personal machine, ive tried restarting router and even reinstalling windows event viewer id 4042"suspect dns probe failed""active http probe failed"both occur randomly and i cant find any solutions online...
  3. intermittent internet disconnections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    intermittent internet disconnections: ive been having random internet disconnections for a while on my personal machine, ive tried restarting router and even reinstalling windows event viewer id 4042"suspect dns probe failed""active http probe failed"both occur randomly and i cant find any solutions online...
  4. intermittent internet disconnections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter disconnects intermittently

Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter disconnects intermittently: We have two different Microsoft wireless display adapters the standard and the 4K version. Both have the same issue of loosing connection after 3 to 5 seconds. I have downloaded the Wireless Display adapter app from the Microsoft store and checked the firmware both stated in...
  6. Wireless Network Disconnection

Wireless Network Disconnection: Wireless Network Disconnection: Hi Experts, I have Dell Latitude e6540 with Windows 10 (1903) is creating an issue. When I am working on the browser on any other activity my internet connection is broken however Wireless connection is showing remains connected but i am out...
  7. Wireless Network Disconnection

Wireless Network Disconnection: Wireless Network Disconnection: Hi Experts, I have Dell Latitude e6540 with Windows 10 1903 is creating an issue. When I am working on the browser on any other activity my internet connection is broken however Wireless connection is showing remains connected but i am out...
  8. Wireless network adapter will disconnect from internet randomly.

Wireless network adapter will disconnect from internet randomly.: Hi! I have an issue where my USB Wireless network adapter will disconnect from the internet randomly, however it doesn't fully disconnect from my home WiFi, that still works for some time, but websites will fail to load. Online games and apps like Discord also still work...
  9. Wireless internet working intermittently

Wireless internet working intermittently: I have been having issues with internet access on my Asus laptop for a few months now, though recently it has got worse. A few weeks ago I got a message on my laptop about having to update Windows 10 as the version I had was no longer supported. It could be a coincidence but...
  10. Intermittent internet connection - auto disconnect

Intermittent internet connection - auto disconnect: Hello, For almost a year now, I have had a constant problem with my computer's internet connection. My wifi seems to turn on and off at will at various times. Sometimes, it doesn't happen for a week or two, and other times, it happens multiple times per couple of days....