Windows 10: Intermittently Unable to Control Audio

Discus and support Intermittently Unable to Control Audio in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Occasionally, I won't be able to control the volume of my AirPods. I can usually fix this by restarting my computer, but the frequency of this issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Eisig Liang, Dec 3, 2023.

1. Intermittently Unable to Control Audio

Occasionally, I won't be able to control the volume of my AirPods. I can usually fix this by restarting my computer, but the frequency of this issue popping up seems to be increasing and it's getting kind of annoying. I'm wondering if there is a root cause to this and if there's a way to resolve it?

:)

Eisig Liang, Dec 3, 2023

2. volume control error

Hi Akash,

The issue with volume control could have happened due to the corrupted or outdated driver. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the 2 methods below:

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter on the system.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. We would suggest you run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key+X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view as an option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2. Uninstall and reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturer website.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on Uninstall.
    • Install the latest audio driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know the result for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, Dec 3, 2023
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Unable to Access Audio Enhancements

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the
    playing Audio troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top
      right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.
    Method 2: I suggest you to try uninstalling your audio driver and check if it helps:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) the audio driver.
    • Select properties.
    • Click on Driver tab.
    • Select Uninstall.
    Restart your device and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Dec 3, 2023
  4. Intermittently Unable to Control Audio

Intermittent audio with Windows 10

Hi Larry,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you facing issues with sound in iTunes, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Is this issue specific only to iTunes and particular file?
    • Are you facing any issues with sound in operating system?
    • What exactly do you mean by reloaded iTunes?

As a basic troubleshooting step, I suggest you to
    Run Playing Audio Troubleshooter.

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows 10 in-built tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the playing audio on your device.

Steps:

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane of the window and click on
      Playing Audio.
    • Follow the On-screen instructions.

For further reference:Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 3, 2023
Thema:

Intermittently Unable to Control Audio

1. Intermittently Unable to Control Audio - Similar Threads - Intermittently Unable Control

2. Intermittently Unable to Control Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittently Unable to Control Audio: Occasionally, I won't be able to control the volume of my AirPods. I can usually fix this by restarting my computer, but the frequency of this issue popping up seems to be increasing and it's getting kind of annoying. I'm wondering if there is a root cause to this and if...
  3. Intermittent Audio Issues Squirrels

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intermittent Audio Issues Squirrels: I've got a super weird technical issue that I wanted to share with you folks, to see if my thinking is correct. A laptop I'm working on has an intermittent issue that causes my voice to become high-pitched it's like listening to a high-pitched cybernetic squirrel, that...
  4. Intermittent Audio Issues Squirrels

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent Audio Issues Squirrels: I've got a super weird technical issue that I wanted to share with you folks, to see if my thinking is correct. A laptop I'm working on has an intermittent issue that causes my voice to become high-pitched it's like listening to a high-pitched cybernetic squirrel, that...
  5. Intermittent bluetooth audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intermittent bluetooth audio: Hey community need help My laptop model is 15r203Tx and the same model is of my brother's laptop. Yet on his laptop my bluetooth earphone work perfectly fine. But on my laptop, it gives intermittent audio. Only on a specific orientation of the headphones, i can hear...
  6. Control panel screensaver works intermittently

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Control panel screensaver works intermittently: I've had this problem for at least a year and I've had enough of it. It will work for maybe a day or 2 and then stop and I'll have to go and toggle the settings (move the timer from my default 2 minutes to 3 minutes and then back to 2 minutes, hit apply and okay) and then...
  7. Bluetooth audio has become intermittent

Bluetooth audio has become intermittent: In the last few days Bluetooth audio has become intermittent when played through headphones (cuts out for a fraction of a second every 2 - 5 seconds). I've confirmed with two different sets (Anker and Bose). I ran the Windows troubleshooter and confirmed all effects are off....
  8. Windows 10 - Unable to use USB Audio Devices show in audio controllers but not in audio...

Windows 10 - Unable to use USB Audio Devices show in audio controllers but not in audio...: Hi, I am having some issues with using a pair of USB Speakers. The speakers in question are not displaying on the list of available sound devices in sound settings. The 'USB Audio' driver appears in the device manager, but appears under the 'Sound, video and game...
  9. Volume Control Icon on Taskbar Not Working Intermittently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume Control Icon on Taskbar Not Working Intermittently: Intermittently, after boot up, The Volume Control Icon on the Taskbar does not work when you left click on it. Nothing happens. You have to go into Task Manager and restart Explorer to restore functionality. This intermittent problem has been ongoing since Win10 was launched....
  10. Strange Audio Issue, Intermittent audio in WMP, and FOOBAR 2k

Strange Audio Issue, Intermittent audio in WMP, and FOOBAR 2k: Okay so this started all of a sudden with no warning or anything. I was playing a game while listening to music on WMP, then suddenly my computer started freezing up and being slow. The audio would cut in and out of WMP, and Discord a VOIP app. I finally restarted my computer...