Windows 10: Intermittently unresponsive keyboard and mouse

Discus and support Intermittently unresponsive keyboard and mouse in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This issue started only after updating to Windows 11 and has now affected the functionality of three different MS Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard/mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Marie Munro, Apr 27, 2023.

1. Intermittently unresponsive keyboard and mouse

This issue started only after updating to Windows 11 and has now affected the functionality of three different MS Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard/mouse combinations.The latest issue is with a replacement/replacement Microsoft Sculpt Ergo Desktop keyboard and USB receiver Device type: PCADesktop, Serial Number: 208543624252, Order date: 24/3/2023, Order number: 7014606031. It is the third ergonomic keyboard and mouse, since my original purchase 24/07/2020, to fail to work as expected. I have been in touch with the MS PC Accessory Support team a number of times – Case # 7016344278 and was finally

:)

Marie Munro, Apr 27, 2023
  2. John Fer Win User

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Apr 27, 2023
  3. Intermittently unresponsive keyboard and mouse

This issue started only after updating to Windows 11 and has now affected the functionality of three different MS Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard/mouse combinations.

The latest issue is with a replacement/replacement Microsoft Sculpt Ergo Desktop keyboard and USB receiver (Device type: PCADesktop, Serial Number: 208543624252, Order date: 24/3/2023, Order number: 7014606031). It is the third ergonomic keyboard and mouse, since my original purchase (24/07/2020), to fail to work as expected. I have been in touch with the MS PC Accessory Support team a number of times – Case # 7016344278 and was finally advised to contact the Windows team.

History for this device:

March 8, keyboard arrived and only worked intermittently eg.(TRA Registration# ERO111265/13 t you supplied recently. S you can see, tyingayora pace, itiseavnouters ad ces. It wl typeumbers crrecty and il copy and rpace text existing in other S365 docuets.) The arrival of this keyboard also seemed to precipitate an occurrence that rendered all my files, stored on OneDrive, inaccessible. The folders were visible but empty.

I contacted MS support - Case #:1050465346. The “ambassador” was able to retrieve the files but, in the process rendered both the Sculpt keyboard and the laptop’s keyboard inoperable from within Windows 11.

I reverted to using an old computer, keyboard and mouse.

April 5, I finally located a local technician who was able to get both the keyboards to function outside of Windows 11. However, despite all manner of diagnostic processes and applications the only option he could offer me, to get both keyboards to resume working from within Windows 11, was to wipe the computer entirely, purchase a new Windows 11 operating system, and rebuild the computer. This proved successful for just a few weeks.

April 21, when I booted up, the keyboard had reverted to working only intermittently. This time, the mouse is working just fine, but the keyboard is inordinately slow to respond to keystrokes, especially when a capital letter is required. These issues are evident in both MS Office 365 and Adobe documents.

I have eliminated the keyboard as the issue, on this occasion, by trying it and the mouse on a computer running Windows 10. They work fine.

I further attempted to rectify the problem by updating the drivers and to identify it using Trouble-shooter:

Hardware and networks (Couldn’t find a problem)

Bluetooth (Issue found and fixed)

Keyboard (No changes or updates were necessary)

The laptop is closed down using the sequence Start>Power>Shut Down.

I am truly frustrated by the amount of time and energy this recurring issues requires, and I would really appreciate a solution that ensures that I have a keyboard and mouse that are compatible with Windows 11 and my HP Pavilion laptop 100% of the time.

Marie Munro, Apr 27, 2023
  4. Intermittently unresponsive keyboard and mouse

Intermittently unresponsive/randomly clicking mouse

My problem is essentially exactly the same as in this post, down to the mouse working in specific areas but not others: Redirecting

I have attempted every offered solution on that page, to no avail. The mouse intermittently becomes unresponsive, moving correctly but completely unresponsive to clicks. When it is responsive, more often that not it's constantly or randomly right clicking
    on its own.

I have tested with multiple different models and brands of mice, so it's not a problem with the physical mouse itself.

It's rendering my PC unusable, so I'm a bit desperate.

deskbot006, Apr 27, 2023
Thema:

Intermittently unresponsive keyboard and mouse

1. Intermittently unresponsive keyboard and mouse - Similar Threads - Intermittently unresponsive keyboard

2. Intermittently unresponsive keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittently unresponsive keyboard and mouse: This issue started only after updating to Windows 11 and has now affected the functionality of three different MS Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard/mouse combinations.The latest issue is with a replacement/replacement Microsoft Sculpt Ergo Desktop keyboard and USB receiver Device...
  3. Keyboard and mouse intermittently stop working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and mouse intermittently stop working: I have an ASUS UX430UAR I purchased in 2018. I'm having issues with the keyboard and mouse randomly bugging. When the problem occurs: neither my wireless keyboard, my laptop's physical keyboard or the windows virtual keyboard function. Also, the problem forces my wireless...
  4. Keyboard lag/unresponsive, mouse is erratic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard lag/unresponsive, mouse is erratic: Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Microsoft comfort keyboard and mouse 5050 Sabrent ds-rica universal docking station most current driver Acer connected to dock via vga to dvi converterand benqconnected to dock with hdmimonitors. Graphics driver no better drivers available...
  5. Keyboard & Mouse unresponsive

Keyboard & Mouse unresponsive: I turned my off Sunday night because I received a message from Microsoft saying there was and update. Since then my mouse and keyboard do not work. I have tried other mice and keyboards, same thing. Once the blue screen with the 4 windows opens I loose control of my keyboard...
  6. Intermittently unresponsive/randomly clicking mouse

Intermittently unresponsive/randomly clicking mouse: My problem is essentially exactly the same as in this post, down to the mouse working in specific areas but not others: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-gui-bug-mouse-unresponsive/95bcf668-6e52-436c-ab0c-b3608a045450 I have attempted every...
  7. Keyboard and mouse unresponsive after boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard and mouse unresponsive after boot: Hi all, Windows boot to my user login page but the keyboard and mouse do not work. Unplugged and back, no luck. They do work on bios. Legacy usb is enabled. In advanced repair mode (where you end up if you power on and off 3 times...) both work. In safe mode not....
  8. Mouse and keyboard unresponsive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mouse and keyboard unresponsive: Hi, please I did a system recovery on my desktop PC, windows 10 and my mouse and keyboard not responding anymore. I don't even get to see the mouse pointer so I can say its frozen. I want to know if it's got anything to do with the OS. I need help?...
  9. Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard (Not USB Connected)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard (Not USB Connected): After I finished installing Windows 10 to my Windows 7 computer, it began to misbehave and not function correctly. After that, the keyboard and mouse stopped working (The cursor was gone completely). I tried restarting the computer but that didn't work. I am stuck on the...
  10. Intermittent system unresponsiveness.

in Windows 10 Support
    Intermittent system unresponsiveness.: Lately my system has been becoming unresponsive. All of a sudden everything will slow to a crawl, the browser becomes unresponsive, start menu doesn't open, desktop right click menu opens very slowly with entries missing, task manager opens empty and lot's of graphical...