Windows 10: Intermittently Windows applications & tasks start only after a ~1-2 minute delay

Discus and support Intermittently Windows applications & tasks start only after a ~1-2 minute delay in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Frequently, but not always, Windows 10 will not display the Start Menu, will not start applications, or new tabs in Chrome browser but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Toby Martin 69, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Intermittently Windows applications & tasks start only after a ~1-2 minute delay

Hi everyone,

Frequently, but not always, Windows 10 will not display the Start Menu, will not start applications, or new tabs in Chrome browser but all these actions are apparently queued and then after a delay of 1-2 minutes all these things then happen suddenly together. During this time Windows is running, applications that are already running keep running normally, the mouse, keyboard, display, and network all function as expected. Task Manager and Process Explorer show the CPU & GPU, network, disk, and all applications are running normally. Nothing is at 100% and usually the CPUs are very close to idle.

A common sequence is I am browsing the internet using Chrome, then pages do not load and Chrome issues a page unresponsive error. To debug this I try to launch Task Manager (Windows Key + X, then Task Manager) and this does not start although the menu does appear. Clicking the Windows icon in the task bar does not display the menu.

I am using Windows 10, fully updated, on a Dell XPS 9550 i7 with 16GB RAM with fully updated BIOS. I use a Dell DisplayLink USB docking station, again drivers all updated. I have tried the usual things as mentioned in articles like this and am a proficient PC user.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance, this is starting to drive me nuts.

:)

Toby Martin 69, Sep 21, 2018
  2. Callender Win User

Which windows/application services can safely run on Delayed Start?

RE: Black Viper's Windows 10 Service Configurations | Black Viper | www.blackviper.com

I only ever use service configuration tweaks marked as "safe"

RE: Autostart items other than services. I use a program to delay a few third party app entries.

Specify delay time:

Intermittently Windows applications & tasks start only after a ~1-2 minute delay [​IMG]

Result:

Intermittently Windows applications & tasks start only after a ~1-2 minute delay [​IMG]

It creates scheduled tasks to delay launch:

I'd say forget about delaying services. Just figure out if you have any third party apps launching on startup that can be delayed excluding security software.

Link:

Download Autorun Organizer - MajorGeeks

If installing decide if you want to enable VirusTotal lookup. Decline any offers.

Callender, Sep 21, 2018
  3. zinou Win User
    5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

Ok, let the powershell command run overnight
    If the command didn't solve the problem, the try these steps in order:

1. Disable superfetch service
      • Empty the following folder c:\Windows\Prefetch\
      • Restart the computer
      • Si ça ne marche pas, passer à l'étape 2;
    2. Disable the AppXSvc from the registry: change the "Start" key value from 3 to 4 (see the screenshot)

zinou, Sep 21, 2018
  4. md984 Win User

Intermittently Windows applications & tasks start only after a ~1-2 minute delay

Wlan AutoConfig crash every 1-2 minutes

I have tried all the 3 steps and it did not resolve the issue

STEP 1) Wlan AutoConfig is in "Automatic" start mode and all its depended services are running

STEP 2) I have uninstalled and rebooted the REalrek RTL8191SU Wireless Lan driver on my system

STEP 3) No issues found after completing sfc /scannow command.

It has been working fine for months, A couple days ago the issue started. Now I need to manually start every 1- 2 minutes.

The WER file contents gives any clue for the crash?

Thanks.

md984, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

Intermittently Windows applications & tasks start only after a ~1-2 minute delay

1. Intermittently Windows applications & tasks start only after a ~1-2 minute delay - Similar Threads - Intermittently applications tasks

2. Print delay 2 minutes on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print delay 2 minutes on Windows 10: Hello,My printers got problem of print delay in the past two months. Printing the first page is always OK, but then printing another page may got delay of about 2 and half minutes. When I look at the print queue window, the first document was founded on the window once I...
  3. Print delay 2 minutes on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print delay 2 minutes on Windows 10: Hello,My printers got problem of print delay in the past two months. Printing the first page is always OK, but then printing another page may got delay of about 2 and half minutes. When I look at the print queue window, the first document was founded on the window once I...
  4. Print delay 2 minutes on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Nothing starts after 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nothing starts after 2 minutes: My HP computer, after working well some years, got the following strange behavior: After log in, I could start 1 or 2 applications, than I could not start anything anymore, not the task manager, nothing else, and the computer did not react for a shut down command also. So...
  6. Nothing starts after 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nothing starts after 2 minutes: My HP computer, after working well some years, got the following strange behavior: After log in, I could start 1 or 2 applications, than I could not start anything anymore, not the task manager, nothing else, and the computer did not react for a shut down command also. So...
  7. Nothing starts after 2 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Task manager is randomly closing after 1 - 2 minutes and computer lagging afterwards and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task manager is randomly closing after 1 - 2 minutes and computer lagging afterwards and...: when I close task manager, my pc lags entirely, when I open it, it closes after a few minutes, this has been happening for 4 months now, I downloaded something from a very trusty site, it cant be a virus, is there any way to fix it? windows update page wont open aswell so I...
  9. Intermittently Windows applications & tasks start only after a 1-2 minute delay

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intermittently Windows applications & tasks start only after a 1-2 minute delay: Hi everyone, Frequently, but not always, Windows 10 will not display the Start Menu, will not start applications, or new tabs in Chrome browser but all these actions are apparently queued and then after a delay of 1-2 minutes all these things then happen suddenly together....
  10. Windows 1 minute startup delay

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 1 minute startup delay: Hi there, I initially posted this on the EightForums as this is on a Win8 machine, but got no response because there is little activity there. That should not be an issue though as this is probably not a specific Win8 problem. I'm hoping someone here is willing to guide me...