Windows 10: Internal and External Microphone Not Detected

Discus and support Internal and External Microphone Not Detected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 7300 2n1 and I'm running a Windows Version of 10.0.19042 Build 19042. Both internal and external microphones are not being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Yanto Roh, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Yanto Roh Win User

Internal and External Microphone Not Detected

Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 7300 2n1 and I'm running a Windows Version of 10.0.19042 Build 19042. Both internal and external microphones are not being detected. All drivers are fully updated using the Dell SupportAssist app. I've attached a screenshot to describe this issue.

:)

Yanto Roh, Jun 17, 2021

2. External microphones detected but not working

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing with External microphone. I will surely help you.

I suggest you to run a Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Please follow the below mentioned steps to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Search for Troubleshooting in the
      Search box
      , and run it.
    • Select view all in the left pane of troubleshooting Window.
    • Click on the Hardware and Devices, and follow the
      on-screen instructions.

Please reach back to us if you still face difficulty with external microphone. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Jun 17, 2021
  3. Microphone not detected

I've run it, it says the problem was 'Generic audio driver'. But I don't actually feel any problems on playing audios. My problem was about external microphones not detected, this laptop wont detect any external microphones
    plugged in, it will always use the internal microphone. I've done the troubleshoot (recording audio) and the troubleshoot said they can't detect the problem.

M. Nabil Mu'afa, Jun 17, 2021
  4. Haku_Haku Win User

How to separate Internal and External Microphones?

I want to use my internal microphone as it is much clearer than my external (headphones) one but everytime I connect my headphones it switches my internal microphone to my external microphone and they do not show as separate options. My headphones also
    do not register as headphones and register as speakers instead, is there any way to fix this issue?

Haku_Haku, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Internal and External Microphone Not Detected - Similar Threads - Internal External Microphone

2. external and internal microphone not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external and internal microphone not working: what should i do? i tried some steps that could help but none of them worked. what should i do? i tried some steps that could help but none of them worked...
  3. external and internal microphone not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    external and internal microphone not working: what should i do? i tried some steps that could help but none of them worked. what should i do? i tried some steps that could help but none of them worked...
  4. External Driver being detected as internal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Driver being detected as internal: Here is some of the info needed.I'm currently using bootcamp on MACOS, I tested the SSD outside of windows and works just fine. also the windows OS is a fresh installI already tried: uninstalling the drivers, reinstalling windows, editing registry, removing the letter,...
  5. External Driver being detected as internal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Driver being detected as internal: Here is some of the info needed.I'm currently using bootcamp on MACOS, I tested the SSD outside of windows and works just fine. also the windows OS is a fresh installI already tried: uninstalling the drivers, reinstalling windows, editing registry, removing the letter,...
  6. External Driver being detected as internal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Teams not detecting the internal and external webcam

Teams not detecting the internal and external webcam: Microsoft teams was working fine since yesterday. It started not detecting the camera although all the necessary permissions are given to it. Microphone is working just fine as always. Device Name - Lenovo 80D OS - Windows 10 latest build...
  8. windows not detecting external microphone

windows not detecting external microphone: I am using a remax 195 hb headset which was working fine untill suddenly it's microphone is not detecting, I have tested the headset on other device and there its microphone is working just fine. But when connected to laptop hp 450 g4 its speaker is working just fine but...
  9. Windows can't detect internal microphone

Windows can't detect internal microphone: Hi, I don't remember since when this started but suddenly the apps in my laptop can't detect the internal microphone. I have tried everything I can from troubleshooters to uninstalling the driver and then restarting the laptop but this is still the case. What should I do to...
  10. How to separate Internal and External Microphones?

How to separate Internal and External Microphones?: I want to use my internal microphone as it is much clearer than my external (headphones) one but everytime I connect my headphones it switches my internal microphone to my external microphone and they do not show as separate options. My headphones also do not register as...