Windows 10: internal cd drive

Discus and support internal cd drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm on windows 10 and my CD/DVD rom drive will not play any discs, spins but system does not reconise it,driver shows up to date can anybody help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by billmullard, Aug 17, 2018.

1. internal cd drive

I'm on windows 10 and my CD/DVD rom drive will not play any discs, spins but system does not reconise it,driver shows up to date can anybody help

:)

billmullard, Aug 17, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, Aug 17, 2018
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Aug 17, 2018
  4. skitz2010 Win User

internal cd drive

CD/DVD drive disappears completely - worn out or internal issue?

This is what Device Manager and File Explorer look like when the drive is not recognized. There is no CD/DVD drive listed whatsoever.

internal cd drive [​IMG]

skitz2010, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

internal cd drive

1. internal cd drive - Similar Threads - internal drive

2. Internal hard drive not getting detected after upgrading the computer to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal hard drive not getting detected after upgrading the computer to Windows 10: Just "upgraded" and that term hardly fits to Win 10 from 7, and now my computer does not recognize an 8TB internally mounted hard drive. What's the fix? Tried MiniTool partition wizard free version, and it can't even find the drive. Thanks again for all you do to make life...
  3. Effing Win 10 "upgrade" from Win 7 does not recognize an internal hard drive

Effing Win 10 "upgrade" from Win 7 does not recognize an internal hard drive: Just "upgraded" and that term hardly fits to Win 10 from 7, and now my computer does not recognize an 8TB internally mounted hard drive. What's the fix? Tried MiniTool partition wizard free version, and it can't even find the drive. Thanks again for all you do to make life...
  4. Permission to rename internal drives?

Permission to rename internal drives?: I don't recall ever being prompted for this before, but I recently installed a new motherboard and cpu and had to get a new Windows key as a result (the old one was generated from a Windows 7 upgrade on the other mobo/cpu). Now, when I try to rename any of my internal...
  5. Permission to rename internal drives?

in Windows 10 Support
    Permission to rename internal drives?: I don't recall ever being prompted for this before, but I recently installed a new motherboard and cpu and had to get a new Windows key as a result (the old one was generated from a Windows 7 upgrade on the other mobo/cpu). Now, when I try to rename any of my internal...
  6. Can I use Macrium to clone my internal drive to an external drive?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can I use Macrium to clone my internal drive to an external drive?: The title pretty much lists my question. I'm using UEFI win10, v1909, and the external drive will be in an iDsonic external drive enclosure. If I have a serious problem, I can use this drive while deciding what to do. Another question - maybe stretching the topic. Can I use...
  7. Windows 10 can't locate drivers for USB drives as well as new Internal drives

Windows 10 can't locate drivers for USB drives as well as new Internal drives: I have 4 Western Digital Elements portable drives. It see's one of those drives. When I plug in one of the other's, the drive appears in device manager with a "?" . When I look in "Bluetooth and other devices" it shows" Elements 107C" driver is unavailable. I purchased a...
  8. Can I disconnect an internal hard drive from a two-way mirror storage pool in Storage...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I disconnect an internal hard drive from a two-way mirror storage pool in Storage...: I have set up a pool of two identical HD's and copied all my files to it. This means my data should be written to both physical hard drivesright?. I'd like to remove my first HD from the pool and connect it to a different pc, confirm my data is present, then unplug it and...
  9. CD/DVD Internal and External Drives

CD/DVD Internal and External Drives: My internal CD/DVD drive was working and now has stopped. I have also added two external CD/DVD drives. One drive is a Blu-ray and the other is a standard CD/DVD drive burner/writer etc. I have made sure Windows 10 is updated, I have also tried just update the drivers and...
  10. Could I use my Xbox One’s HDD as an internal drive for my laptop?

Could I use my Xbox One’s HDD as an internal drive for my laptop?: Hello, this may be a stupid question, but as the title says, could I possibly use my xbox one’s HDD as an internal drive for my laptop? My pc’s hard drive has failed and I don’t care about data recovery and that kind of stuff I just want to be able to use my laptop for my...