Windows 10: internal cd drive

Discus and support internal cd drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm on windows 10 and my CD/DVD rom drive will not play any discs, spins but system does not reconise it,driver shows up to date can anybody help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by billmullard, Aug 17, 2018.

1. internal cd drive

I'm on windows 10 and my CD/DVD rom drive will not play any discs, spins but system does not reconise it,driver shows up to date can anybody help

:)

billmullard, Aug 17, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, Aug 17, 2018
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Aug 17, 2018
  4. skitz2010 Win User

internal cd drive

CD/DVD drive disappears completely - worn out or internal issue?

This is what Device Manager and File Explorer look like when the drive is not recognized. There is no CD/DVD drive listed whatsoever.

internal cd drive [​IMG]

skitz2010, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

internal cd drive

1. internal cd drive - Similar Threads - internal drive

2. Two Internal Hard Drives completely dissappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two Internal Hard Drives completely dissappeared: Two of my internal drives COMPLETELY dissappeared from my new laptop. They were there one day, and then they just weren't! They didn't have anything in them as I just got it two days ago as a hand-me-down from a friend. Evem after I factory reset the whole laptop, they're...
  3. Two Internal Hard Drives completely dissappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two Internal Hard Drives completely dissappeared: Two of my internal drives COMPLETELY dissappeared from my new laptop. They were there one day, and then they just weren't! They didn't have anything in them as I just got it two days ago as a hand-me-down from a friend. Evem after I factory reset the whole laptop, they're...
  4. Two Internal Hard Drives completely dissappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How Can I Apply BCDEdit, BootRec, BootSect from Windows to Go to Fix the Internal Drive: G?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Can I Apply BCDEdit, BootRec, BootSect from Windows to Go to Fix the Internal Drive: G?: Hello Microsoft friends.Whenever I hold Shift-Restart the options to go to Windows Recovery Environment doesn't work, I also can't can't get to Safe Mode but I can boot regularly to Windows 11 Pro build 22H2. I checked the Winre.wim is still in it's folder, I'm suspecting...
  6. How Can I Apply BCDEdit, BootRec, BootSect from Windows to Go to Fix the Internal Drive: G?

How Can I Apply BCDEdit, BootRec, BootSect from Windows to Go to Fix the Internal Drive: G?: Hello Microsoft friends.Whenever I hold Shift-Restart the options to go to Windows Recovery Environment doesn't work, I also can't can't get to Safe Mode but I can boot regularly to Windows 11 Pro build 22H2. I checked the Winre.wim is still in it's folder, I'm suspecting...
  7. unplugged internal drive still appears in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unplugged internal drive still appears in Disk Management: Summary of problem:I unplugged an internal drive while my PC was turned off, but it still appears in Disk Management and Windows Explorer.The drive only contains one partition and is currently assigned to G: drive.If I click on the drive in Windows Explorer it tells me:G:\ is...
  8. unplugged internal drive still appears in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unplugged internal drive still appears in Disk Management: Summary of problem:I unplugged an internal drive while my PC was turned off, but it still appears in Disk Management and Windows Explorer.The drive only contains one partition and is currently assigned to G: drive.If I click on the drive in Windows Explorer it tells me:G:\ is...
  9. unplugged internal drive still appears in Disk Management

10. how do i get rid of my internal drive showing as a extractable usb?

how do i get rid of my internal drive showing as a extractable usb?: One day my hard drive started showing as a usb and ive tried almost everything to solve it, my sata settings all have hot-plug disabled, all drivers are updated, did the "TreatAsInternalPort" solution, and the CMD commands as well, but nothing gets rid of it.I do have a...