Windows 10: internal cd/dvd drive won't open

Discus and support internal cd/dvd drive won't open in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Lenova Ideacentre A340-221GM internal cd/dvd drive will not open. It's light comes on and it tries to open but cannot. is this a Windows 10 Home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bonitamartin1, May 5, 2020.

1. internal cd/dvd drive won't open

Lenova Ideacentre A340-221GM internal cd/dvd drive will not open. It's light comes on and it tries to open but cannot. is this a Windows 10 Home incompatibility? can't seem to find the right answer, just get the run-around.

:)

bonitamartin1, May 5, 2020

2. CD/DVD Internal and External Drives

My internal CD/DVD drive was working and now has stopped. I have also added two external CD/DVD drives. One drive is a Blu-ray and the other is a standard CD/DVD drive burner/writer etc. I have made sure Windows 10 is updated, I have also tried just update
    the drivers and lastly, I have deleted the drives and restarted my system but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions.

terrydavidlywood, May 5, 2020
  3. CD/DVD drive (Einternal cd/dvd drive won't open :) will not open, it is detected

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to update the drivers for CD/DVD drive by following the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Press Windows key + R and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives.
    • Right click on the driver and select update driver software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts and to update the driver.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 5, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

internal cd/dvd drive won't open

CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, May 5, 2020
Thema:

internal cd/dvd drive won't open

1. internal cd/dvd drive won't open - Similar Threads - internal dvd drive

2. E: Drive unavailable... DVD CD Internal Drive hell continues...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    E: Drive unavailable... DVD CD Internal Drive hell continues...: I have been trying for two days to get my HP 15 laptop/notebook to recognize my DVD CD ROM internal drive AGAIN - every time Windows updates I go through this hell!! I have tried every YouTube solution there is - and yes, it is listed in BIOS. I then refound it in Device...
  3. DVD drive won't play CD

DVD drive won't play CD: DVD drive used to play CDs just fine. Now it isn't recognized by the system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive-wont-play-cd/fbee553a-62bb-4785-aa0b-49bd4637ea0f
  4. cd/dvd drive

cd/dvd drive: although previously working ok, my HP pavilion will not run cd/dvd, I think since Windows 10 updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-drive/2052dead-0253-46dc-a189-ffe263dd0d15
  5. CD/DVD Internal and External Drives

CD/DVD Internal and External Drives: My internal CD/DVD drive was working and now has stopped. I have also added two external CD/DVD drives. One drive is a Blu-ray and the other is a standard CD/DVD drive burner/writer etc. I have made sure Windows 10 is updated, I have also tried just update the drivers and...
  6. cd/dvd drive

cd/dvd drive: I have a new/used laptop and can't see the files from my cd/dvd drive. Device manager says drive is working properly, but it's not. Can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-drive/4a1c6a9a-0e94-4804-9a7f-b7f99b2d551a
  7. My CD/DVD Rom drive won't open.

My CD/DVD Rom drive won't open.: My CD/DVD Rom drive won't open (windows 10) The device manager "properties" shows code 19, driver corrupted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cddvd-rom-drive-wont-open/3fa941fc-56ba-4128-89b5-0c47d253cc9e
  8. DVD/CD Drive won't read discs!!

DVD/CD Drive won't read discs!!: I have a Toshiba Satellite L755 Laptop, and when I bought it from my friend, it was still Windows 7 and the DVD/CD drive worked fine, but after I upgraded to Windows 10, when I put in any disc, it doesn't read. I've contacted support multiple times, they tried to help but...
  9. External Drive won't play CD or DVD

External Drive won't play CD or DVD: I've installed an external drive Philips CDRW/DVD SCB5265 on my Lenovo Ideapad. It appears in devices, says to insert a disc, but it doesn't play. The device whirs for a bit, but nothing shows on the computer screen (other than the little blue circle) and I don't hear...
  10. internal cd drive

internal cd drive: I'm on windows 10 and my CD/DVD rom drive will not play any discs, spins but system does not reconise it,driver shows up to date can anybody help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/internal-cd-drive/41442251-6064-40dd-b458-0137c7c92c53

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 wont detect blank dvd