Windows 10: Internal drive DATA (D) disappeared under Windows 10?

Discus and support Internal drive DATA (D) disappeared under Windows 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On my laptop with Windows 10 the partition DATA (D) suddenly disappeared. There I always had my [ATTACH] personal data. The drive was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by marleneMK, Jul 28, 2020.

1. marleneMK Win User

Internal drive DATA (D) disappeared under Windows 10?

On my laptop with Windows 10 the partition DATA (D) suddenly disappeared. There I always had my

Internal drive DATA (D) disappeared under Windows 10? 0_big.jpg

personal data.
    The drive was already preinstalled when I bought the computer in January...

Now when I click on a shortcut to a folder there, I get the message "The drive or network connection is not available...".

What can I do to get the data back?

Attached is a screenshot of the system properties

:)

marleneMK, Jul 28, 2020
  2. Bross76 Win User

All data from Drive D:/ disappeared or is not recognized

Hello everyone

I am using a ASUS ROG laptop with two drives: a SSD "C:/" called "OS" and a HDD "D:/" called DATA.

After uninstalling 4 or 5 games from my laptop (properly, using the Applications list to uninstall), all my games, music, pictures, etc stored on drive D (DATA) suddenly looked to have disappeared. Steam is still working but all games show as uninstalled, Origin isn't even working at all anymore, all my music, videos etc can't be found and played anymore.

When trying to play a mp3 from "recent files", it says that drive D is not available and the file can't be found.

Drive D is still visible and can be opened but it appears almost empty, which shouldn't be the case. I think all my data is still there but can't be seen. I can still see all my Origin and Steam games in the Apllications list. It's like the data is not available or recognized anymore. The laptop runs fine (fast, no weird noises, no system error).

Any suggestion? Thanks a lot!

Bross76, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

Internal drive DATA (D) disappeared under Windows 10? partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Internal drive DATA (D) disappeared under Windows 10?

windows 10 internal drive d how to take back ownership of the hardrive?

Hi Steve,

To help you with your concern regarding the internal hard drive, let me suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Right-click on the Drive D:
    • Select Properties
    • Click Security tab then select Advanced
    • Select Change after the Owner: line

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Internal drive DATA (D) disappeared under Windows 10?

1. Internal drive DATA (D) disappeared under Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Internal drive DATA

2. D drive disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D drive disappeared: My Drive D on Alienware M15 laptop suddenly disappeared. It disappears every night and comes back itself the next day. But after 2 days it disappeared permanently and hasn't appeared back since the last 4 days. It all started when my drive C became full, and then the laptop...
  3. D drive disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D drive disappeared: Hello. I recently had my second ssd disappear on my laptop. Its a new laptop, installed the second drive a few weeks ago and all was running fine. Thankfully I have all data stored elsewhere. When I go into disk management, it only shows up as 2gb unallocated, though it is a...
  4. D drive disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D drive disappeared: Hello. I recently had my second ssd disappear on my laptop. Its a new laptop, installed the second drive a few weeks ago and all was running fine. Thankfully I have all data stored elsewhere. When I go into disk management, it only shows up as 2gb unallocated, though it is a...
  5. D: drive disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    D: drive disappeared: I have Windows 10 Here is what happened 1. D: drive disappeared for no obvious reason 2. Shortly after that, Windows got updated 3. In the disk management window I could see that partition but it had no letter assigned and I could not assign it by right-clicking (the only...
  6. windows 10 d: drive disappeared

windows 10 d: drive disappeared: Hello, today I was play a game a suddenly my game got freeze. Then I found out later that I lost my d: drive. I tried to look on disk management and rescan already but found nothing. I also reset my pc but nothing happens too. Hope for someone help. I use lenovo ideapad 700...
  7. Data D Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Data D Drive: My computer has relatively low storage space. My computer shows me that under "storage on other devices" an internal drive has 920 GB of storage. I am trying to move Steam apps to this drive but I have no way of doing this. I have no way to send the applications to the other...
  8. D Drive Disappeared.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    D Drive Disappeared.: I was using my computer as per usual, and just earlier today I had access to all of my games and software on my D: drive. When I came home, all of it was gone. I have currently tried to solve the issue by: - scanning for viruses (AVG and Windows Defender) - re-scanning...
  9. D Drive Disappeared

D Drive Disappeared: My D Drive just disappeared. Using Windows 10. anyone have any suggestions on how to find my disk? I am a college student and need my drive quickly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive-disappeared/f98db626-d6ed-46bd-ae72-fca28cc344d8
  10. All data from Drive D:/ disappeared or is not recognized

All data from Drive D:/ disappeared or is not recognized: Hello everyone I am using a ASUS ROG laptop with two drives: a SSD "C:/" called "OS" and a HDD "D:/" called DATA. After uninstalling 4 or 5 games from my laptop (properly, using the Applications list to uninstall), all my games, music, pictures, etc stored on drive D...