Windows 10: Internal drive not showing up

Discus and support Internal drive not showing up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The internal D: drive on my laptop isn't showing up anymore after downloading a game from steam and getting a disk corrupt error message every now and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JonasJankowski, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Internal drive not showing up

The internal D: drive on my laptop isn't showing up anymore after downloading a game from steam and getting a disk corrupt error message every now and again. It doesn't show up on Disk Management or Command or anything. Do I just bring it to someone and get a new compatible drive or is there a chance it still works ?

:)

JonasJankowski, Sep 9, 2018

2. windows 10 internal drive d how to take back ownership of the hardrive?

Hi Steve,

To help you with your concern regarding the internal hard drive, let me suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Right-click on the Drive D:
    • Select Properties
    • Click Security tab then select Advanced
    • Select Change after the Owner: line

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Sep 9, 2018
  3. spunk Win User
    spunk, Sep 9, 2018
  4. abrogard Win User

Internal drive not showing up

Internal SATA drive show on Device Manager But not on Explorer listing

I used up all the allowed space in the title there - couldn't put a question mark on the end.

Internal drive not showing up :)

Wonder why I can't see the WD hard drive I just hooked up to a SATA port on my H170 board?

There are currently two seagate drive SATA connected and the DVD drive. And an external Seagate on USB.

I put the WD in and I can see it in device manager but nowhere else.

I have a couple of screenshots:

Internal drive not showing up [​IMG]

Internal drive not showing up [​IMG]

Can anyone help?

abrogard, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

Internal drive not showing up

1. Internal drive not showing up - Similar Threads - Internal drive showing

2. Toshiba internal drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toshiba internal drive not showing up: I've recently switched pc's and moved my ssd and hdd to the new computer. Unfortunately while ssd is showing up and working juzt fine, the most important hdd when I have all of my files isn't even showing up in the drive management. It's not being detected at all. Is Toshiba...
  3. Toshiba internal drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toshiba internal drive not showing up: I've recently switched pc's and moved my ssd and hdd to the new computer. Unfortunately while ssd is showing up and working juzt fine, the most important hdd when I have all of my files isn't even showing up in the drive management. It's not being detected at all. Is Toshiba...
  4. Internal Laptop Drive doesnt show Up in diskpart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal Laptop Drive doesnt show Up in diskpart: Hello Guys,I locked my Laptop through bitlocker and forgot my Password. Because of that I cleaned the encrypted Disk with diskpart planning to reinstall Windows with a USB Drive. diskpart and than "Clean"But now, I cant select the Drive to Install Windows on and IT doesnt...
  5. Internal Laptop Drive doesnt show Up in diskpart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal Laptop Drive doesnt show Up in diskpart: Hello Guys,I locked my Laptop through bitlocker and forgot my Password. Because of that I cleaned the encrypted Disk with diskpart planning to reinstall Windows with a USB Drive. diskpart and than "Clean"But now, I cant select the Drive to Install Windows on and IT doesnt...
  6. Internal Laptop Drive doesnt show Up in diskpart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. File History Interface Not Showing Backed Up Internal Drives?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File History Interface Not Showing Backed Up Internal Drives?: [ATTACH] I've been backing up my drives lately using File History to a new external hard drive I have, and it seems as if they're all being backed up as the space is taken up on the external drive (and the files can be found by navigating into the drive), but the File...
  8. Showing eject of the internal drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Showing eject of the internal drives: Yesterday I tried to convert the SATA options from IDE to AHIC I searched over the internet and found that I can't directly change those options and I need a windows registry fix to do it, so I did that and changed the SATA option from IDE to AHIC At boot up I got an error...
  9. Internal SATA Drives show up as removeable media

Internal SATA Drives show up as removeable media: After clean install of Win 10 ver 1803 two (2) internal hard drives now appear in taskbar as removable and in fact can be removed....neither are the primary drive but backup drives....anyone else having this situation...have attempted registry changes as outlined below but...
  10. Internal Hard Drive not showing up in explorer shows up in Disk Mgmt

Internal Hard Drive not showing up in explorer shows up in Disk Mgmt: Hello! My disk was full of useless junk, so I decided to format it. It worked fine until earlier today, where when I booted up my pc, it vanished from explorer. "Odd", I thought. So I went to Disk Mgmt and formatted it again. It shows up as a healthy partition in Disk Mgmt...