Windows 10: Internal hard disk went from basic to Dynamic

Discus and support Internal hard disk went from basic to Dynamic in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I need help I was having troubles with one of mine external hard disks and while on the process of fixing it, I unwantedly turned my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MiguelLourenço4, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Internal hard disk went from basic to Dynamic

Hi everyone, I need help

I was having troubles with one of mine external hard disks and while on the process of fixing it, I unwantedly turned my internal hard disk C:\ from basic to dynamic, is there a way to turn it back into basic?

:)

MiguelLourenço4, Jul 1, 2020
  2. Ariel Aba Win User

Convert Basic Disk into Dynamic Disk

Hi Charbel,

It would be helpful if you mentioned the things that you have tried to do that failed so that we can skip those steps. You can follow the steps provided in the article:
    How to convert a basic disk to a dynamic disk in Windows 7, to change a basic disk to
    a dynamic one. The instructions are also applicable for Windows 10. You can also check this article:
    Extend a basic volume.

Ensure that you create a back up for your system as well.

Regards.

Ariel Aba, Jul 1, 2020
  3. Jonas Flo Win User
    how to convert Dynamic disk to Basic disk without data loss ?

Hi,

The process of conversion is quite tricky but not exactly that complicated. Suggested safe is to have your data cloned and work on the clone instead of the original. This suggestions and steps were provided by one of the Microsoft Community Forum MVP's,
    John John__ in his response on this thread. Follow the steps carefully
    to be able to avoid data loss.

I hope it helps. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Jul 1, 2020
  4. Internal hard disk went from basic to Dynamic

Are Dynamic disk really better then basic?

Are Dynamic disk really better then basic disk? I am takeing my XP administration and maintenance course at school and it talks about Dynamic disks. From what i have read on the internet dynamic disks are not as big as this book claims. The book claims that dynamic disks are the best part of XP and all HDD with XP or 2003 should be dynamic disks.

Bob The Fish, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

Internal hard disk went from basic to Dynamic

1. Internal hard disk went from basic to Dynamic - Similar Threads - Internal hard disk

2. Cloning contents of a dynamic disk onto a new basic partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cloning contents of a dynamic disk onto a new basic partition: I have a 4TB (1.2TB used) HDD that's failing and bought a brand new 2TB to replace it. For whatever reason, Windows decided it needed to be a dynamic disk when I formatted it. Thought nothing of it, continued for a few years. My problem is that I can't just copy and paste...
  3. Is there a way to convert dynamic disk to basic without data loss ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there a way to convert dynamic disk to basic without data loss ?: I have dynamic disk about 2.7TB (GPT), i need to convert it to the basic without data loss. Is there any program that can do that ? I tried couple nothing worked. Paid of free doesn't matter. 149391
  4. How to convert Windows drive from Dynamic to Basic?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to convert Windows drive from Dynamic to Basic?: Split from this thread. Hello Greg please I need your help. I have an issue with my drive. My computer is not able to boot to desktop so I placed a new hard drive in it and install a new OS after installtion when i tried opening the drive from disk management I am told I...
  5. Partition Change created a Dynamic Disk from a Basic Disk

Partition Change created a Dynamic Disk from a Basic Disk: [Apologies if I have posed this in the wrong place; thanks for moving it if necessary!] - Good morning Folks! *Smile I thought this would be simple: 1TB HDD with Two 500GB Partitions E: & Z:. Having available space in E: and needing more in Z: I performed a "Shrink" on...
  6. Disk Dynamic Invalid back to Basic with data loss help

Disk Dynamic Invalid back to Basic with data loss help: Hi, Not sute what happend but just noticed that one of my 1TB disks cannot be seen in Win10 1709 Exp. It shows as Dynamic Invalid. I have to parts that I nhave much data in. Is is full of audio files and the other of dp\ocs and p0ds etc. I have used cgisecurity...
  7. Unable to convert 7 partition disk (basic) to dynamic disk

Unable to convert 7 partition disk (basic) to dynamic disk: I am running Windows 10 Pro. I have an old 1Tb drive that used to be the boot (C) drive and also had partitions for two additional drives. I since replaced that 1Tb drive with an SSD and another 2Tb second internal drive. I've inserted the 1Tb in an external USB SATA...
  8. Internal hard disk drive not found

Internal hard disk drive not found: Hey all I have an Alienware X51 R3 and I was messing with my command prompt and accidentally changed what I believe is the path too boot my hard drive... In the command prompt I said  bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\ I then reset my computer and now I get a "Internal...
  9. Cannot change dynamic disk to a basic disk

Cannot change dynamic disk to a basic disk: Running windows 10, due to some personal reasons want to change my dynamic disk to a basic disk.But the option for the same is greyed out in Disk Management.If anyone posts a guide to accomplish the same I would be really grateful*Smile 30309
  10. please help converting basic disk to a dynamic disk

please help converting basic disk to a dynamic disk: Hi, I am sorry im not tech savy and i am trying to put 24tb together and i have 6 external drives of 4tb each. I am in disk management and I am trying to convert each of them from basic disk to a dynamic disk so i can group them together but it is showing a message of "The...