Windows 10: Internal hard drive disconnecting entirely during use.

Discus and support Internal hard drive disconnecting entirely during use. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My internal hard drive is completely disconnecting from the motherboard while i am using my computer and it causes most of windows processes to go into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dracanine, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Dracanine Win User

Internal hard drive disconnecting entirely during use.

My internal hard drive is completely disconnecting from the motherboard while i am using my computer and it causes most of windows processes to go into not responding to the point of me having to use commands to restart my computer as even task manager immediately goes not responding. I have tried using a different sata port and cable and i have even run the commands to repair problems with windows and the check drive command and nothing has changed the computer will work for a few hours of use before crashing whatever im doing and going through the same symptoms. Even restarting the pc or shutting down and turning back on results in a very slow boot time and the hard drive does not read on the computer. I am at a loss because it doesn't seem to be the hard drive as it works fine until the disconnect happens and i have tried other ports and cables. and all of my operating system should be on my ssd which still works whenever these symptoms show up so im not sure why windows outright bugs out.

:)

Dracanine, Oct 29, 2018
  2. sygnus21 Win User

Disconnect internal hard drive externally

This can be done by going into the BIOS and disabling the SATA ports the drives are on. This eliminates the need to physically remove them. Have done it a few times without issue. Just remember to re-enable the ports once done Internal hard drive disconnecting entirely during use. :)

BTW all my drives are SSD as well (4 total).

Good luck.

Edit: HippsieGypsie's suggestion works too. And is easier than my BIOS method.

sygnus21, Oct 29, 2018
  3. anaron Win User

Being anal about backups and having issue after issue with Win 10, I need a way to physically disconnect/reconnect an internal backup hard drive with out cracking open the case and unplugging it. All of my hard drives are ssd.

Ron

anaron, Oct 29, 2018
  4. roy111 Win User

That would require some serious psychokinetic skill.

roy111, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Internal hard drive disconnecting entirely during use. - Similar Threads - Internal hard drive

2. External Hard drive disconnecting and reconnecting / freezing entire laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    External Hard drive disconnecting and reconnecting / freezing entire laptop: I tried chkdsk and it came up with these 2 errors, external ran fine before but randomly started happening after a few months. Any help would be appreciated.An unspecified error occurred 6e74667363686b2e 171f.An unspecified error occurred 696e647863686b2e 9cb....
  3. External Hard drive disconnecting and reconnecting / freezing entire laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Hard drive disconnecting and reconnecting / freezing entire laptop: I tried chkdsk and it came up with these 2 errors, external ran fine before but randomly started happening after a few months. Any help would be appreciated.An unspecified error occurred 6e74667363686b2e 171f.An unspecified error occurred 696e647863686b2e 9cb....
  4. External Hard drive disconnecting and reconnecting / freezing entire laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Internal hard drive recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Internal hard drive recovery: I have two hard drives. The normal C: drive and an E: drive that I use for data only. Microsoft destroyed that drive while I was trying to create a USB recovery drive. My Backup and Restore shows multiple E: backups with a single folder and a Desktop.ini file. Nothing else....
  6. Internal hard drive disconnecting entirely during use

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal hard drive disconnecting entirely during use: Hi everyone I have a problem with my pc: Windows 10 64 Bit Versione 2004 Scheda Madre: Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE rev. 1.0 AM4 ATX con Versione Bios F30 Scheda Video: MSI RTX 2070 Super Ventus GP OC Cpu: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X AM4 3,6GHz 32MB Cache Box Ram: RAM G.Skill Trident Z...
  7. Internal Hard Drive Problem

Internal Hard Drive Problem: Hello, I am using ASUS X560UD with an internal hard drive. And sometimes when my battery is low about 30% the hard drive suddenly disconnects and it also happen randomly with a lot battery. Anyone have the solution? I have made the power plan to never disable hard drive and...
  8. Missing internal hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing internal hard drive: 1. I had my computer upgrade with my assure plan in the Microsoft store. We replaced the primary drive with a SSD hard drive and used the original internal 1 TB HD as the data drive. Recently my computer went through a windows 10 update and I lot the internal HD in my disk...
  9. Internal Hard Drive

Internal Hard Drive: I have an internal hard drive i got from my day that came out of his desk top. It has a lot of data on it i want to recover and put onto an external dar drive. I can see the drive when i run diskmgmt but cannot right click on it or browse files. I get this error with it "was...
  10. Disconnect internal hard drive externally

Disconnect internal hard drive externally: Being anal about backups and having issue after issue with Win 10, I need a way to physically disconnect/reconnect an internal backup hard drive with out cracking open the case and unplugging it. All of my hard drives are ssd. Ron 98831