Windows 10: Internal hard drive partition keeps disappearing (z-drive)

Discus and support Internal hard drive partition keeps disappearing (z-drive) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have previously reported this issue & thought it was solved: - Int. HD partition Keeps Disappearing (Z Drive) others are OK However it continues!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lottiemansion, May 25, 2021.

1. Internal hard drive partition keeps disappearing (z-drive)

Hi, I have previously reported this issue & thought it was solved: - Int. HD partition Keeps Disappearing (Z Drive) others are OK However it continues! Anyone got any suggestions

:)

Lottiemansion, May 25, 2021
  2. Riel Alc Win User

How to disappear the Z partition in "This PC"

Hi Disal,

To delete the Z: drive partition, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + R. Type diskmgmt.msc, then hit
      Enter.
    • Right-click on the partition, then select Delete Volume to delete a partition.

Note: This option deletes every single file on the partition, please be careful when using it.

We also suggest running Microsoft Safety Scanner to scan and protect your computer from any viruses.

Update us with the result.

Riel Alc, May 25, 2021
  3. Int. HD partition Keeps Disappearing (Z Drive) others are OK

I Have an internal HDD drive with multiple partitions & one keeps loosing it's letter? It keeps disappearing and I have to re-assign it and reboot.

Internal hard drive partition keeps disappearing (z-drive) [​IMG]

This has been happening for a few versions but I'm getting fed up of it now.

Anyone have any ideas as to how I can stop this?
    Thank you.

Windows 10 Version 20H2 (OSBuild 19042.985)

Lottiemansion, May 25, 2021
  4. Dia01 Win User

Internal hard drive partition keeps disappearing (z-drive)

Partition or multiple hard drives?

As the title suggests. Is it worth installing say a 36GB drive for the OS soley or partitioning an existing larger drive with either 2 or more partitions? I am currently running Vista 32bit and want to try out 64bit and am sick of reformatting the whole drive. Any suggestions?

Dia01, May 25, 2021
Thema:

Internal hard drive partition keeps disappearing (z-drive)

1. Internal hard drive partition keeps disappearing (z-drive) - Similar Threads - Internal hard drive

2. Both internal hard drives have disappeared!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both internal hard drives have disappeared!: I have two internal hard drives in my PC, E and F in addition to the C drive - SSD, where I store and backup all my data.Yesterday, I was deleting some I thought unnecessary files from my oem folder, in preparation for a Windows 10 reinstall.Today, when I open the PC, both E...
  3. Both internal hard drives have disappeared!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Both internal hard drives have disappeared!: I have two internal hard drives in my PC, E and F in addition to the C drive - SSD, where I store and backup all my data.Yesterday, I was deleting some I thought unnecessary files from my oem folder, in preparation for a Windows 10 reinstall.Today, when I open the PC, both E...
  4. Both internal hard drives have disappeared!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Hard drive partition has disappeared.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive partition has disappeared.: Hi everyone,All my partitions are gone except for the C drive; they are not shown in the disk management as well. The crazy part is that they come back sometimes in the day and I can use the data and software that are installed in those drives! they keep coming back and going...
  6. Hard drive partition has disappeared.

Hard drive partition has disappeared.: Hi everyone,All my partitions are gone except for the C drive; they are not shown in the disk management as well. The crazy part is that they come back sometimes in the day and I can use the data and software that are installed in those drives! they keep coming back and going...
  7. Internal Hard Drive Disappear From Explorer

Internal Hard Drive Disappear From Explorer: My D: drive is gone from explorer!I Try to transfer very large files from my D: Drive and Explorer becomes unresponsive and after that my hard drive disappeared....
  8. Internal Hard Drive Disappear From Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal Hard Drive Disappear From Explorer: My D: drive is gone from explorer!I Try to transfer very large files from my D: Drive and Explorer becomes unresponsive and after that my hard drive disappeared....
  9. Int. HD partition Keeps Disappearing (Z Drive) others are OK

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Int. HD partition Keeps Disappearing (Z Drive) others are OK: I Have an internal HDD drive with multiple partitions & one keeps loosing it's letter? It keeps disappearing and I have to re-assign it and reboot. This has been happening for a few versions but I'm getting fed up of it now. Anyone have any ideas as to how I can stop this?...
  10. Lost partition on my internal hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost partition on my internal hard drive: I have a Dell XPS that is running Windows 10. I had a hard drive that was partitioned into a C: drive with 200 Gb for programs and a D: drive with 1.7 Tb for data. I was deleting programs a few days ago to free up hard drive space and I remember several versions of Visual...