Windows 10: Internal Hard Drive Shows in BIOS but not in Windows 10 disk management

Discus and support Internal Hard Drive Shows in BIOS but not in Windows 10 disk management in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently replaced my Motherboard and add 1 new 2TB SSD to my system. I kept my 500GB SSD Boot Drive and 2 existing SSDs 250 GB each from previous... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GaryJ_204, Feb 19, 2022.

1. GaryJ_204 Win User

Internal Hard Drive Shows in BIOS but not in Windows 10 disk management

Recently replaced my Motherboard and add 1 new 2TB SSD to my system. I kept my 500GB SSD Boot Drive and 2 existing SSDs 250 GB each from previous build. BIOS recognizes the I have the new 2TB SSD and the 2 other 250GB drives installed. However, Windows Disk Management only recognizes the boot drive and the new 2TB disk but not the 2 250GB drives. And yes, the cables are plugged in.

:)

GaryJ_204, Feb 19, 2022

2. No drive found on my internal hard disk on Dell Latitude E5430.

Hello,My laptop (Dell Latitude E5430) was working perfectly till yesterday. But yesterday night, it restarted on its own and ever since, it's stuck at this screen:

Internal Hard Drive Shows in BIOS but not in Windows 10 disk management [​IMG]

Also, inside the BIOS, no UEFI bootable hard disk drive is being listed.

The UEFI flash disk option shown above is that of my bootable pen drive with Windows 10 installation copy.I googled this issue a bit and the results were as follows:
    1. one thread suggested that I should run Dell's internal diagnostics to see if there anything wrong with hard disk. I did that but every component, including the hard disk one, passed these internal test.
    2. a second thread suggested that I should try to remove and reseat the hard disk. I did that following Dell's user manual.
    3. another thread suggested that I should reinstall my windows 10 afresh. But when I try to do so, the windows installation wizard doesn't list any drive in the hard disk. It's as if it doesn't detect hard disk at all.
    In a nutshell, while the hard disk is being detected, but none of its drives is. However, the hard disk consisted of 3 drives:
    1. C: with the windows' and applications' installations,
    2. D: with all of my data,
    3. E: which was recovery drive.
    Any troubleshooting suggestions?I'm sorry I am not able to help you guys with any logs and stuff because I don't know how to get them when I can't get my Windows to boot. I'm not even sure if this is the correct section where I should be posting this thread.. I'm just so confused right now. *cry

A few weeks ago, I had upgraded (not fresh installation) from windows 10 version 1607 to 20H2. The version 1607 installation was a clean one (from scratch, after formatting the hard disk and creating new partitions).

Ten64BitUser, Feb 19, 2022
  3. windows 10 professional not finding one of two internal hard drives

On computers one can have multiple flash drives and multiple hard drives. Currently windows 10 is not finding the internal HD when I add it to one of the bays inside of the computer.

So far I have done the following:

1) restarted the computer clicking the F2 key then running HD quick test in the bios. There all flash drives and hard drives are displayed.

2) used administrative command prompt then entered diskpart then list disk. There it does not display one of the internal hard drives.

3) right clicked on the start then clicked disk management. There it does not display one of the hard drives.

4) moved the internal hard drive to another computer to another internal hard drive bay where steps 2 and 3 above display the hard drive.

How come the HD is discovered by the bios but not the windows 10 professional operating system?

How come the HD is discovered by the bios and windows 10 professional operating system in another computer?

What part of windows 10 pro needs to be worked up or fixed so that the internal hard drive is found by the windows 10 operating system on all computers? There were no integrity violations with sfc /scannow nor were there any problems found using dism /online
    /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

questions_, Feb 19, 2022
  4. KaraB03 Win User

New hard drive not showing in BIOS or Disk management

I recently bought a new WD 1TB Hard drive and i plugged it in with my toshiba 1TB drive and noticed it doesnt show in my BIOS. I went to the homescreen and tried seeing if it was in the disk management but no luck either. Im running Windows 10 and im not
    that techy so ive decided to come here for help. Can anyone help me?

KaraB03, Feb 19, 2022
Thema:

1. Internal Hard Drive Shows in BIOS but not in Windows 10 disk management - Similar Threads - Internal Hard Drive

2. PCIe SSD Drive showing in Bios, but not showing in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PCIe SSD Drive showing in Bios, but not showing in Disk Management: HiI just bought a 4TB PCIe NVME SSD Hard Drive from Crucial and they’re closed for the weekend now so I can’t get support from them.I’m trying to install it in my Alienware M15 laptop computer and have checked compatibility with both Alienware Dell and Crucial.When I put the...
  3. internal hard drive shows up in bios and device manager but NOT in diskmanager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    internal hard drive shows up in bios and device manager but NOT in diskmanager: Got a seagate barracuda 4 TB internal drive for my old DELL Inspiron 3847. I have tried updating every possible driver with help of DELL support assist/windows update and Intel but only get this depressing message from DM:"Device...
  4. internal hard drive shows up in bios and device manager but NOT in diskmanager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internal hard drive shows up in bios and device manager but NOT in diskmanager: Got a seagate barracuda 4 TB internal drive for my old DELL Inspiron 3847. I have tried updating every possible driver with help of DELL support assist/windows update and Intel but only get this depressing message from DM:"Device...
  5. internal hard drive shows up in bios and device manager but NOT in diskmanager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Internal Hard Drive Shows in BIOS but not in Windows 10 disk management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal Hard Drive Shows in BIOS but not in Windows 10 disk management: Recently replaced my Motherboard and add 1 new 2TB SSD to my system. I kept my 500GB SSD Boot Drive and 2 existing SSDs 250 GB each from previous build. BIOS recognizes the I have the new 2TB SSD and the 2 other 250GB drives installed. However, Windows Disk Management only...
  7. Internal Hard Drive Shows in BIOS but not in Windows 10 disk management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal Hard Drive Shows in BIOS but not in Windows 10 disk management: Recently replaced my Motherboard and add 1 new 2TB SSD to my system. I kept my 500GB SSD Boot Drive and 2 existing SSDs 250 GB each from previous build. BIOS recognizes the I have the new 2TB SSD and the 2 other 250GB drives installed. However, Windows Disk Management only...
  8. Internal Hard Drive Shows in BIOS but not in Windows 10

Internal Hard Drive Shows in BIOS but not in Windows 10: My Windows operating system resides on an internal Solid State Drive and all my data and some programs reside on a 2TB Seagate Internal Hard Drive. A couple of days ago, my system started being very slow to load, taking almost 10 minutes to boot up, programs slow to load,...
  9. hard drive shows up in device manager and bios but not in disk management windows 10

hard drive shows up in device manager and bios but not in disk management windows 10: I have been fighting with this for 2 days now and want to share my answer in case it ever happens to anyone else. I have a new HP computer, Well a refurbished but new to me. I moved my 2 year old 1 TB hard drives over to the new HP. Saw that I could have a mirrored drive and...
  10. Hard drive does not show in bios or disk managent but does show in device manager and...

Hard drive does not show in bios or disk managent but does show in device manager and...: I recently bought a pc with a 1tb hard drive and 120gb ssd. I'm able to see my hard drive in storage spaces and device manager but I cannot able to access it in the bios or the devices and drives or in disk management. How can I fix this issue and get the hard drive to...