Windows 10: Internal Hard Drive Shows in BIOS but not in Windows 10

Discus and support Internal Hard Drive Shows in BIOS but not in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Windows operating system resides on an internal Solid State Drive and all my data and some programs reside on a 2TB Seagate Internal Hard Drive. A... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lady B., Feb 15, 2019.

1. Lady B. Win User

Internal Hard Drive Shows in BIOS but not in Windows 10

My Windows operating system resides on an internal Solid State Drive and all my data and some programs reside on a 2TB Seagate Internal Hard Drive.

A couple of days ago, my system started being very slow to load, taking almost 10 minutes to boot up, programs slow to load, lots of 'not responding' errors. At that time, booting into Safe Mode appeared to have things performing relatively normally. But then even that started to fail, and eventually it wouldn't even boot into safe mode.

Thinking perhaps it was a hardware problem, (but wanting to check), I took my SSD and cloned it onto a spare hard drive. Inserted that hard drive into my system and tried to boot from it. However the same problem. Got to the blue window with the spinning white dots and there it stayed for hours, and hours until eventually it gave me a 'could not start' type message on a totally blue screen.

So, figured it was windows and (still using the spare hard drive), created a bootable USB using the Create Windows 10 Installation Media tool. Used the USB to boot my PC and went through the installation process.

Having done that my PC could not 'see' my internal 2TB Hard Drive.

I've now removed my 2TB drive, replaced my SSD with it's "old" Windows installation and my PC boots up as normal.

When I reinsert my 2TB Hard Drive, (without turning PC off), I can feel the drive spinning, but it still doesn't show up in My PC or under Disk Management. Also my PC starts to get 'not responding' messages again.

I'm going nuts trying to figure out what to do to fix the problem.

Can anyone help me, please?

:)

Lady B., Feb 15, 2019

2. windows 10 professional not finding one of two internal hard drives

On computers one can have multiple flash drives and multiple hard drives. Currently windows 10 is not finding the internal HD when I add it to one of the bays inside of the computer.

So far I have done the following:

1) restarted the computer clicking the F2 key then running HD quick test in the bios. There all flash drives and hard drives are displayed.

2) used administrative command prompt then entered diskpart then list disk. There it does not display one of the internal hard drives.

3) right clicked on the start then clicked disk management. There it does not display one of the hard drives.

4) moved the internal hard drive to another computer to another internal hard drive bay where steps 2 and 3 above display the hard drive.

How come the HD is discovered by the bios but not the windows 10 professional operating system?

How come the HD is discovered by the bios and windows 10 professional operating system in another computer?

What part of windows 10 pro needs to be worked up or fixed so that the internal hard drive is found by the windows 10 operating system on all computers? There were no integrity violations with sfc /scannow nor were there any problems found using dism /online
    /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

questions_, Feb 15, 2019
  3. $immond$ Win User
    Windowed Hard Drives

On the contrary, showing off "slow tech" by adding a window to a hard drive is a "dumb" idea. Do you really want to be showing off a whole "7200-10000 RPM of power" or would you rather show off a plain SSD drive? (If you really desire to "show off")

Adding any window to any drive is just stupid. I just suggested an easier option for you since manufactures don't put windows on the latest hard drives.

$immond$, Feb 15, 2019
  4. Internal Hard Drive Shows in BIOS but not in Windows 10

windows 10 professional not finding one of two internal hard drives

The computer that I just reported the above the file explorer does not detect one of the internal hard drives but diskpart list disk does:

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393]

(c) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>diskpart

Microsoft DiskPart version 10.0.14393.0

Copyright (C) 1999-2013 Microsoft Corporation.

On computer: A-HP

DISKPART> list disk

Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt

-------- ------------- ------- ------- --- ---

Disk 0 Online 238 GB 0 B

Disk 1 Online 931 GB 0 B

Disk 2 Online 931 GB 931 GB

DISKPART>

Disk Management displays:

disk 0 basic 238.47 GB online

system 1.00 GB NTFS

Windows (CInternal Hard Drive Shows in BIOS but not in Windows 10 :) 220.13 GB NTFS

HP_RECOVERY (DInternal Hard Drive Shows in BIOS but not in Windows 10 :) 15.34 GB NTFS

HP_TOOLS (FInternal Hard Drive Shows in BIOS but not in Windows 10 :) 2.00 GB FAT32

disk 1 basic 931.51 GB online

datadrive0 (GInternal Hard Drive Shows in BIOS but not in Windows 10 :)

931.54 GB NTFS

disk 2 basic 931.51 GB online

931.51 GB Unallocated

CD-ROM 0

DVD (EInternal Hard Drive Shows in BIOS but not in Windows 10 :)

no media

So on this computer all currrent drives are detected by windows 10 pro when using diskpart, list disk and disk management but not file explorer.

Then when one of the internal hard drives is replaced by another internal hard drive full of data this drive was not detected by windows by any of the above methods and only detected by the bios.

Then with another identical computer the two internal hard drives that were originally detected by this computer were not detected. Only one of the internal hard drives was detected.

So what is being detected is different depending on the internal hard drive and the computer.

How come each drive that is detected in one computer is not detected in another identical computer?

And how come an internal hard drive which is used in another computer cannot be detected in two computers?

All internal hard drives that have data either have only files or the windows 10 pro os and files.

How come there are different findings with windows 10 pro?

How do you get all of the computers windows 10 pro operating systems to discover the internal hard drives that are detected by their bios?

questions_, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

Internal Hard Drive Shows in BIOS but not in Windows 10

1. Internal Hard Drive Shows in BIOS but not in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Internal Hard Drive

2. internal hard drive shows up in bios and device manager but NOT in diskmanager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    internal hard drive shows up in bios and device manager but NOT in diskmanager: Got a seagate barracuda 4 TB internal drive for my old DELL Inspiron 3847. I have tried updating every possible driver with help of DELL support assist/windows update and Intel but only get this depressing message from DM:"Device...
  3. internal hard drive shows up in bios and device manager but NOT in diskmanager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internal hard drive shows up in bios and device manager but NOT in diskmanager: Got a seagate barracuda 4 TB internal drive for my old DELL Inspiron 3847. I have tried updating every possible driver with help of DELL support assist/windows update and Intel but only get this depressing message from DM:"Device...
  4. internal hard drive shows up in bios and device manager but NOT in diskmanager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Internal Hard Drive Shows in BIOS but not in Windows 10 disk management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal Hard Drive Shows in BIOS but not in Windows 10 disk management: Recently replaced my Motherboard and add 1 new 2TB SSD to my system. I kept my 500GB SSD Boot Drive and 2 existing SSDs 250 GB each from previous build. BIOS recognizes the I have the new 2TB SSD and the 2 other 250GB drives installed. However, Windows Disk Management only...
  6. Internal Hard Drive Shows in BIOS but not in Windows 10 disk management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal Hard Drive Shows in BIOS but not in Windows 10 disk management: Recently replaced my Motherboard and add 1 new 2TB SSD to my system. I kept my 500GB SSD Boot Drive and 2 existing SSDs 250 GB each from previous build. BIOS recognizes the I have the new 2TB SSD and the 2 other 250GB drives installed. However, Windows Disk Management only...
  7. Internal Hard Drive Shows in BIOS but not in Windows 10 disk management

8. Internal Hard Drives are Showing As Removable Drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internal Hard Drives are Showing As Removable Drives: Hello,Thank you in advance for any assistance. I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.My issue is I have an internal hard drive that is showing as a removable storage device. I am using this drive for Backup. Windows 10 File Backup and trying to use it for a system image. I think...
  9. Internal Hard Drives are Showing As Removable Drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internal Hard Drives are Showing As Removable Drives: Hello, Thank you in advance for any assistance. I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. My issue is I have an internal hard drive that is showing as a removable storage device. I am using this drive for Backup. Windows 10 File Backup and trying to use it for a system...
  10. Internal hard drive not detected in BIOS after hard shutdown.

Internal hard drive not detected in BIOS after hard shutdown.: I have two WD hard drives with the OS installed on one and the other is for storage. All this started with a hard shut down when the PC froze and then after the restart Windows wouldn't boot at all. It was stuck at the Windows logo for a very long time. Then I checked in BIOS...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hdd shows in bios but not windows 10

2. hard drive in bios but not windows 10

3. drive shows in bios but not windows

4. drive shows in bios but not windows 10,
  5. hdd shows in bios disappears in windows,
  6. wd 4tb sata drive found in bois not in windows 10,
  7. 4tb drive shows in bios but not in windows 10,
  8. hdd showing in bios but not in windows,
  9. hdd showing in bios but not windows,
  10. hdd shows up in bios but doesnt boot,
  11. hdd shows in bios but not detected after boot,