Windows 10: Internal hard drives not showig up on reinstallation of windows 10

Discus and support Internal hard drives not showig up on reinstallation of windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a 7 year old PC. I've added 2 tb internal hard drives to it over the years - because back then, Intel, Gigabyte and the rest said it could be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Toby43, May 13, 2021.

1. Toby43 Win User

Internal hard drives not showig up on reinstallation of windows 10

I have a 7 year old PC. I've added 2 tb internal hard drives to it over the years - because back then, Intel, Gigabyte and the rest said it could be done. And they were right! I had Drive C, and D, E, F and G. I know, I know. Just call it personal quirk. The point is, they all worked perfectly. In fact about 3 years ago dist build up required a thorough blow through because the multi fan cooler was choked. I used a garden blower. You wouldn't believe the cloud of dust etc that came out - think small nuclear tests. But on first booting up, everything was there - C, D, E, F, G and the 2 optical drives -(D, - G contained data only - all backed up to external HDs.). Recently I decided to completely clean out C (a1tb SSD) and (using the MS Creation Tool) do a completely fresh instalation of Win 10 (Home) - 0riginal was Windows 7 retail (just too many weird snags on C had gradually appeared - no system restore, no extenal hard drive connections except for USB3 mem sticks, some apps sticking; no detectable viruses. As previously I noticed vast quantities of dust build up - unshiftable with the canned air tins -so out came the trusty garden blower with the resultant HUGE cloud of gunk drifting away into the neighbourhood. the reinsatll went OK - BUT, onl2 2 of the drives are showing uo and only 1 of the optical drives. I've pulled off all the connections and 'replugged' them, - it hasn't solved the problem. I'm about to swap - physically - the drives around (bad for good) but thought I'd pose 2 questions first - is there anything inherent in the latest iteration of Windows 10 that could be causing this 'non-appearance of 2 Hd drives and 1 optical drive; should another re-install of Windows be undertaken in case the first wasn't 100% successful ( I didn't stay glued to the screen once I'd clicked on the creation tool and confirmed the basics.

:)

Toby43, May 13, 2021

2. No drive found on my internal hard disk on Dell Latitude E5430.

Hello,My laptop (Dell Latitude E5430) was working perfectly till yesterday. But yesterday night, it restarted on its own and ever since, it's stuck at this screen:

Internal hard drives not showig up on reinstallation of windows 10 [​IMG]

Also, inside the BIOS, no UEFI bootable hard disk drive is being listed.

The UEFI flash disk option shown above is that of my bootable pen drive with Windows 10 installation copy.I googled this issue a bit and the results were as follows:
    1. one thread suggested that I should run Dell's internal diagnostics to see if there anything wrong with hard disk. I did that but every component, including the hard disk one, passed these internal test.
    2. a second thread suggested that I should try to remove and reseat the hard disk. I did that following Dell's user manual.
    3. another thread suggested that I should reinstall my windows 10 afresh. But when I try to do so, the windows installation wizard doesn't list any drive in the hard disk. It's as if it doesn't detect hard disk at all.
    In a nutshell, while the hard disk is being detected, but none of its drives is. However, the hard disk consisted of 3 drives:
    1. C: with the windows' and applications' installations,
    2. D: with all of my data,
    3. E: which was recovery drive.
    Any troubleshooting suggestions?I'm sorry I am not able to help you guys with any logs and stuff because I don't know how to get them when I can't get my Windows to boot. I'm not even sure if this is the correct section where I should be posting this thread.. I'm just so confused right now. *cry

A few weeks ago, I had upgraded (not fresh installation) from windows 10 version 1607 to 20H2. The version 1607 installation was a clean one (from scratch, after formatting the hard disk and creating new partitions).

Ten64BitUser, May 13, 2021
  3. Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, May 13, 2021
  4. Internal hard drives not showig up on reinstallation of windows 10

windows 10 professional not finding one of two internal hard drives

On computers one can have multiple flash drives and multiple hard drives. Currently windows 10 is not finding the internal HD when I add it to one of the bays inside of the computer.

So far I have done the following:

1) restarted the computer clicking the F2 key then running HD quick test in the bios. There all flash drives and hard drives are displayed.

2) used administrative command prompt then entered diskpart then list disk. There it does not display one of the internal hard drives.

3) right clicked on the start then clicked disk management. There it does not display one of the hard drives.

4) moved the internal hard drive to another computer to another internal hard drive bay where steps 2 and 3 above display the hard drive.

How come the HD is discovered by the bios but not the windows 10 professional operating system?

How come the HD is discovered by the bios and windows 10 professional operating system in another computer?

What part of windows 10 pro needs to be worked up or fixed so that the internal hard drive is found by the windows 10 operating system on all computers? There were no integrity violations with sfc /scannow nor were there any problems found using dism /online
    /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

questions_, May 13, 2021
Thema:

Internal hard drives not showig up on reinstallation of windows 10

1. Internal hard drives not showig up on reinstallation of windows 10 - Similar Threads - Internal hard drives

2. Connecting an old Windows 10 internal Hard Drive as if it was an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting an old Windows 10 internal Hard Drive as if it was an external hard drive: I recently bought a new Windows 10 PC but kept the old hard drive from my previous Windows 10 PC. I bought the connector cable to plug it to a USB port in as if it were an external hard drive, but Windows keeps wanting to recognize it as a floppy drive. How do I get Windows...
  3. Connecting an old Windows 10 internal Hard Drive as if it was an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting an old Windows 10 internal Hard Drive as if it was an external hard drive: I recently bought a new Windows 10 PC but kept the old hard drive from my previous Windows 10 PC. I bought the connector cable to plug it to a USB port in as if it were an external hard drive, but Windows keeps wanting to recognize it as a floppy drive. How do I get Windows...
  4. Connecting an old Windows 10 internal Hard Drive as if it was an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Internal hard drive recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Internal hard drive recovery: I have two hard drives. The normal C: drive and an E: drive that I use for data only. Microsoft destroyed that drive while I was trying to create a USB recovery drive. My Backup and Restore shows multiple E: backups with a single folder and a Desktop.ini file. Nothing else....
  6. Internal hard drives not showing up on reinstallation of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Internal hard drives not showing up on reinstallation of windows 10: I have a 7 year old PC. I've added a few 2 tb internal hard drives to it over the years - because back then, Intel, Gigabyte and the rest said it could be done - and they were right! I ended up with Drives C, and D, E, F and G. I know, I know. Just call it a personal quirk....
  7. Internal Hard Drive Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal Hard Drive Problem: Hello, I am using ASUS X560UD with an internal hard drive. And sometimes when my battery is low about 30% the hard drive suddenly disconnects and it also happen randomly with a lot battery. Anyone have the solution? I have made the power plan to never disable hard drive and...
  8. Missing internal hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing internal hard drive: 1. I had my computer upgrade with my assure plan in the Microsoft store. We replaced the primary drive with a SSD hard drive and used the original internal 1 TB HD as the data drive. Recently my computer went through a windows 10 update and I lot the internal HD in my disk...
  9. Internal Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal Hard Drive: I have an internal hard drive i got from my day that came out of his desk top. It has a lot of data on it i want to recover and put onto an external dar drive. I can see the drive when i run diskmgmt but cannot right click on it or browse files. I get this error with it "was...
  10. Two internal drives don't show up after reinstalling Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two internal drives don't show up after reinstalling Windows 10: So I just reinstalled Windows 10 on my computer and my computer only recognizes one of my three internal drives, the one with my OS on it. I went on device manager and it shows them, and in their properties it says that "This device is working properly." [ATTACH]...