Windows 10: Internal HDD-0 is locked by a password?

Discus and support Internal HDD-0 is locked by a password? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I plugged in my line in aux cable from my guitar amp into my laptop and it froze, the screen went black, but the backlight was on and I could still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Eli Myers, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Eli Myers Win User

Internal HDD-0 is locked by a password?

So I plugged in my line in aux cable from my guitar amp into my laptop and it froze, the screen went black, but the backlight was on and I could still hear stuff in the background. So I decided to shutdown my computer by holding the power button fora set amount of time, I am aware of the risks of doing this but I decided it was the only way to get my pc to unfreeze. I shut it down and when I turned it back on it was on the DELL loading screen. The little circle loading bar froze, so I thought it might b still loading so I waited a while. After about 30 min or so the loading screen was frozen in the same spot. so I restarted and went into Windows diagnostics mode, there I tried to wipe my hard drive and reinstall windows. While it was in the process it said something about not being able to complete the task and it brought my back to the main screen on diagnostics mode. I tried it again but to no avail. I then went into the DELL bios and wiped my hard drives there. After that was complete a screen popped up and said "Hard-drive #000BNHU9UNE-E7A8, the system internal HDD-0, is protected by a password authentication system. You cannot access data on this hard drive without the correct password. Please type in the hard drive password." I have no memory of ever locking my hard drive, I have tried multiple passwords that I thought might work. I really don't want to buy a new M.2 ssd as they're very expensive. Is there a way my password has been backed up into the cloud or something? Im assuming it has something to do with Bitlocker. or is there a way around this? I have spent hours trying to resolve this issue myself. My laptop is essentially a brick until I can resolve this. I have all ready contacted DELL about this and am waiting for a response.

My specs are below

DELL G3 3590

Core I7-9750h

GTX 1660Ti

16gb RAM

500 GB M.2 SSD that came with laptop

1 TB 2.5 inch HDD that I installed

Windows 10

:)

Eli Myers, Jul 28, 2020
  2. Manoj111 Win User

internal HDD

Namaskar Friends

This is my first post, I wish to know the maximum size of Int HDD that can support My present Asus MoBo

P8H61-M LX3 R2.0

pl suggest BIOS version is up to date 1107

Manoj111, Jul 28, 2020
  3. little cat, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Internal HDD-0 is locked by a password? - Similar Threads - Internal HDD locked

2. Internal HDD not accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal HDD not accessible: I bought HP Notebook on 31 March 2021 from authorized dealer City Computer Resources with following details:Batch HP 15S DY3001TUIntel I3 11th Gen processor8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 15.6’FHDWin10Home, MS Office Home & Student 2019With 1 year warranty. I was using the notebook very...
  3. Internal HDD not accessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal HDD not accessible: I bought HP Notebook on 31 March 2021 from authorized dealer City Computer Resources with following details:Batch HP 15S DY3001TUIntel I3 11th Gen processor8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 15.6’FHDWin10Home, MS Office Home & Student 2019With 1 year warranty. I was using the notebook very...
  4. Internal HDD not accessible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Locked HDD with a Bios password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked HDD with a Bios password: My old HDD is locked with a bios password. I have contacted the manufacturer, they directed me here. I dont need anything on it, so im happy to wipe it. Plugging it in to a pc with a sata adaptor, it runs, but it doesnt allow access...
  6. Locked HDD with a Bios password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked HDD with a Bios password: My old HDD is locked with a bios password. I have contacted the manufacturer, they directed me here. I dont need anything on it, so im happy to wipe it. Plugging it in to a pc with a sata adaptor, it runs, but it doesnt allow access...
  7. Locked HDD with a Bios password

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Internal HDD disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal HDD disappearing: Recently, I upgraded my GPU and had my PC cleaned. After that my internal HDD just randomly disappears and reappears after shutting down. It happens if it's been off for hours or while I'm using my PC. It only happens to my "D:" drive. I also checked my disk management when...
  9. Internal HDD disappearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal HDD disappearing: Recently, I upgraded my GPU and had my PC cleaned. After that my internal HDD just randomly disappears and reappears after shutting down. It happens if it's been off for hours or while I'm using my PC. It only happens to my "D:" drive. I also checked my disk management when...
  10. Internal HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal HDD: Hi All.I have a Zoostorm desktop had it at the end of last year. It has a SSD & a Second hdd ''spinner''.All is working well the only issue is when I want to open a document there is a slight delay in the opening of it as all documents pictures etc are all stored on the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the system internal hdd-0 is protected by a password