Windows 10: Internal HDD ignoring power settings

Discus and support Internal HDD ignoring power settings in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; In windows 8 setting the "Turn off hard disk after" to 0, kept all my internal drives spinning so fast response. On windows 10 they are spinning down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Chrysalis, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Chrysalis Win User

Internal HDD ignoring power settings

In windows 8 setting the "Turn off hard disk after" to 0, kept all my internal drives spinning so fast response.

On windows 10 they are spinning down and ignoring this after a short period of time.

How do I prevent this behaviour in Windows 10? thanks.

:)

Chrysalis, Jan 31, 2021
  2. gmopro Win User

Power Settings Ignored by Lenovo Yoga 400 laptop

• Did you make any changes to your computer? I dont know.. what kind of changes are you talking about. I only added software.. like Norton Security and a few free MSFT apps.
    • Which Build are you currently in? I dont know..probably the latest one. How do i determine "the build"?? I always update windows and pretty sure this is up to date here.
    • Which troubleshooting steps did you try? Tried everything that was suggested,..power troubleshooter, update graphics card, set power settings to default, and other things.. nothing worked. Has been a problem for many months.
      How do i do this clean boot? I will need instructions for these things..step by step. i am tired of this machine ignoring the power settings. Need this fixed.

gmopro, Jan 31, 2021
  3. Micah Bat Win User
    PC is ignoring power settings..

Hi,

To better assist you regarding your concern, have you tried running the Power troubleshooter? Power troubleshooter is used when you are having issues with the power settings of your computer. It will automatically troubleshoot Windows power plans and attempt
    to resolve your concern. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Control Panel
    • Click View all
    • Click Power
    • Click Next

By then, it will now start the troubleshooting.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Jan 31, 2021
  4. Anne Fuj Win User

Power option settings being ignored

Hi David,

To fixyour concern,
    let us do the following methods:

Method 1:
    Run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Power.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2: We
    suggest that you
    restore the power plan to default and check if it works.

• Right click on Start button and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Click on
      Power Options.
    • Click on
      choose when to turn off displayfrom the left pane.
    • Click on
      Restore default settings for this plan.

Let us see how it goes.

Anne Fuj, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

1. Internal HDD ignoring power settings - Similar Threads - Internal HDD ignoring

2. Windows 11 power settings CPU usage ignored

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 power settings CPU usage ignored: HelloAfter upgrading my notebook to win 11 I noticed windows keep high frequency even on idle state.I changed CPU usagefrom min 80 to min 20 on power settingsadvanced options.However windows is ignoring those options.Seems it had only 2 states -charger plugged >>>performance...
  3. Why is Windows 11 ignoring the power settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Windows 11 ignoring the power settings?: I have set my turn off display, and put PC to sleep to never.Shut off hard drive neverHibernate after neversystem unattended neverAnd still, Windows 11 keeps locking after what seems like a minute....
  4. Why is Windows 11 ignoring the power settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Windows 11 ignoring the power settings?: I have set my turn off display, and put PC to sleep to never.Shut off hard drive neverHibernate after neversystem unattended neverAnd still, Windows 11 keeps locking after what seems like a minute....
  5. What causes Windows 11 to ignore Power Settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What causes Windows 11 to ignore Power Settings?: Despite having "Turn off the display" and "Put the computer to sleep" to Never for both "On battery" and "Plugged in" it still shuts the monitor off. I checked NVidia Control Panel to see if there were overrides for the display and no. I checked the screen saver settings and...
  6. Set internal secondary HDD as a removable drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set internal secondary HDD as a removable drive: Hi, I want the secondary HDD in my laptop to be recognised as removable. This way I hope that the drive can automatically spin down without ever being spun up for no apparent reason by the OS, if set to something like quick removal which should disable write caching on the...
  7. power settings ignored

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power settings ignored: Windows 10 is ignoring power settings and locks screen after 1 minute, troubleshooting power settings did not help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-settings-ignored/3933bc6a-c203-4728-bffa-3b8b57dbc455
  8. Sleep and power settings ignored

Sleep and power settings ignored: Hi, I am having problems with power settings. I followed following instructions from the forum: 1. Do nothing when closing lid when plugged in 2. Turn off Uncheck fast startup 3. Turn off Hybrid sleep for both on battery and plugged in 4.Checked screensaver and put some...
  9. windows 10 power and sleep settings ignored

windows 10 power and sleep settings ignored: this problem of win 10 ignoring sleep setting is BS , its over a yr old and still happening ! it seems to me that the support team at Microsoft is at sleep !...
  10. Internal HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal HDD: Hi All.I have a Zoostorm desktop had it at the end of last year. It has a SSD & a Second hdd ''spinner''.All is working well the only issue is when I want to open a document there is a slight delay in the opening of it as all documents pictures etc are all stored on the...