Windows 10: Internal HDD not showing in Explorer, shows in DiskMgmt as Unallocated

Discus and support Internal HDD not showing in Explorer, shows in DiskMgmt as Unallocated in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Booted up from sleep this morning after using the PC fine last night, only to discover that my partition of one of my Seagate drives had vanished from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by goani, Aug 17, 2018.

1. goani Win User

Internal HDD not showing in Explorer, shows in DiskMgmt as Unallocated

Booted up from sleep this morning after using the PC fine last night, only to discover that my partition of one of my Seagate drives had vanished from Explorer.

Checked Disk Management and it is showing up in there and registers as 'Online' however all the space is now marked as 'Unallocated'
    Shows up on BIOS boot fine so it's connected and can be seen. Also doesn't show up normally in Safe Mode.

It's a 2TB HDD, so will likely take hours to scan using recovery software.
    Anything I can do or are my files gone?

:)

goani, Aug 17, 2018
  2. QARTS Win User

Seagate 3TB shows 128GB unallocated memory!

So i've just bought a Seagate 3TB internal hdd (having an 4TB Boot drive already).
    But in the Disk management it shows 128GB unallocated memory and its greyed out!
    What can i do now?
    Any help will b appreciated!

QARTS, Aug 17, 2018
  3. GIL
    gil Win User
    USB3.0 Issues and Internal HDD shows as removable

Update: So I went to BIOS settings and disabled all Hot Swaps.... here's what's worrying me
    1. The HDD is not even listed as one of the connected devices!!
    2. Other SSD's do appear.
    3. The issue still persists. The internal drive shows under Portable Devices.

Internal HDD not showing in Explorer, shows in DiskMgmt as Unallocated [​IMG]

4. Internal HDD not showing in Explorer, shows in DiskMgmt as Unallocated

HDD not showing in the File explorer in Windows 10.

Hello Lorna,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Unallocated drives are those whose drive letters are not allocated. You will be able to view the drive on your PC if you have allocated a drive name for the partition created. The drive will not be visible on the PC if you do not allocate a drive letter
    or a drive name.

Allocate a drive letter to the HDD by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Connect the HDD to the PC.

• Open Run command by pressing
      Windows Key + R
      keys on the keyboard, type diskmgmt.msc and press
      Enter.

• Right click on the Unallocated disk drive and select
      New Simple Volume option. Follow the onscreen instructions where in the process you will get to a window where you can allocate a drive name for the HDD.

• After allocating a drive letter, right click on the drive and select
      Open. Check if you are able to open the drive in File Explorer.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

Internal HDD not showing in Explorer, shows in DiskMgmt as Unallocated

1. Internal HDD not showing in Explorer, shows in DiskMgmt as Unallocated - Similar Threads - Internal HDD showing

2. External hdd not showing in explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External hdd not showing in explorer: I recently got a new laptop due to the screen on my old one being broken. So in order to save all my files, I popped out the hard drive and stuck it into a USB drive reader. It's powered on, I can hear it spinning. On my new laptop, the drive appears in device manager as well...
  3. External HDD not showing in Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External HDD not showing in Explorer: Hi. I had a problem with my external drive not showing in Windows Explorer. I went into Disk Management and Formatted the drive in there and assigned a drive letter - now it is showing in Explorer. The problem I now have though is that when I try and plug the external drive...
  4. HDD not showing in Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HDD not showing in Explorer: Hello, I have an old laptop that doesn't have Windows on it. I wanted to put Windows on it by making a Bootable USB, but that didn't work. Then I tried to put Windows on the HDD of my old laptop with a SATA / USB cable and I have a problem with this. My new laptop is not...
  5. partition on HDD is showing unallocated

partition on HDD is showing unallocated: Hello all, I recently upgraded my main HD to a SSD. After i was sure i could boot off my new drive i reformatted my old C: drive. It was previously partitioned, and wanted just one drive for extra storage, so i removed it and was going to try and combine them. After i...
  6. Occasionally an internal HDD does not show up diskmgmt

Occasionally an internal HDD does not show up diskmgmt: (Very) Occasionally an internal HDD does not show up diskmgmt and I need to reboot to get it back. Out of curiosity - does anyone out there have any ideas why? This was again the case to day. Had a number of external drives connected. After proper 'Removal' and reboot, the...
  7. Unable to access internal HDD, shows in disk management but not explorer.

Unable to access internal HDD, shows in disk management but not explorer.: Hi. I am unable to access the secondary HDD in my PC. the drive shows in disk management but shows as an empty drive but there is data on it which i need for my business. I have tried the basics and still cant access the drive. Thanks...
  8. Internal HDD not showing in Explorer, shows in DiskMgmt as Unallocated

Internal HDD not showing in Explorer, shows in DiskMgmt as Unallocated: Booted up from sleep this morning after using the PC fine last night, only to discover that my partition of one of my Seagate drives had vanished from Explorer. Checked Disk Management and it is showing up in there and registers as 'Online' however all the space is now...
  9. Explorer doesn't shows HDD

Explorer doesn't shows HDD: I'm working with a HDD where I want to remove partitions. I can see the disk and partitions in Disk Management but not explorer. I want to see the folders/files before I start deleting partitions. This is a removeable disk in a disk bay. How can I see this disk in Windows...
  10. HDD Shows in Devices But not in Explorer

HDD Shows in Devices But not in Explorer: I've got a zereoed HDD I want to format but formatting in win10 doesn't seem to be done by any disk handling prog I have found as yet. I was told to right click on the drive in Explorer and pick format. But the drive doesn't show in Explorer. the system sees it...