Windows 10: Internal HDD suddenly not recognized

Discus and support Internal HDD suddenly not recognized in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It's a 2T internal HDD , I have a 500G SSD that still works but I have no idea what else to do. It has been fine for the past two years. HDD does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alshea, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Alshea Win User

Internal HDD suddenly not recognized

It's a 2T internal HDD , I have a 500G SSD that still works but I have no idea what else to do. It has been fine for the past two years.

HDD does not show up in BIOS

I have tried connecting other saga cables and checked to make sure everything is plugged in snugly.

Disk management , shows up as Disk 0, unknown, not initialized and has no data on the size. I am unable to initialize it here

Device Management, it shows up as unknown device, but no information as to the size etc. It does say healthy and the only thing I can find is in properties > events >device not migrated.

Drivers are updated

I tried to assign a letter to the HDD

Did I miss anything? I'm stumped and could really use some advice if you have the time.

:)

Alshea, Mar 20, 2020
  2. Manoj111 Win User

internal HDD

Namaskar Friends

This is my first post, I wish to know the maximum size of Int HDD that can support My present Asus MoBo

P8H61-M LX3 R2.0

pl suggest BIOS version is up to date 1107

Manoj111, Mar 20, 2020
  3. URGENT HELP NEEDED! HDD suddenly became blank!

Hey there, @Shamonto Hasan Easha!

I'd try re-plugging the hard drive and checking if the cable is damaged. I'd also suggest to try plugging the drive in another computer and see if it gets recognized properly there. Is it a IDE or SATA drive you're using?
    If the drive is unallocated, this means that the partition has been lost after the power went down.
    Check out this thread for more ideas on how to solve the issue. There are some detailed steps there that might be useful for you:
    http://superuser.com/questions/5442...n-on-ssd-suddenly-became-unallocated-disk-spa

Hope this helped.
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Internal HDD suddenly not recognized

internal to external HDD not recognized

Hi,

We'd like to know more about your concern. For us to provide the best answer to your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• How do you connect the HDD to the Lenovo laptop?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Internal HDD suddenly not recognized

1. Internal HDD suddenly not recognized - Similar Threads - Internal HDD suddenly

2. Internal hdd not recognized by BIOS but recognized during Windows installation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal hdd not recognized by BIOS but recognized during Windows installation.: I have the following problem, I found an old laptop of mine, an Asus f555l. I noticed that it wasn't working properly anymore. so I tried to repair it. I've come to the following situation and I don't know what I can try. then Windows is installed on the hdd. unfortunately it...
  3. Internal hdd not recognized by BIOS but recognized during Windows installation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal hdd not recognized by BIOS but recognized during Windows installation.: I have the following problem, I found an old laptop of mine, an Asus f555l. I noticed that it wasn't working properly anymore. so I tried to repair it. I've come to the following situation and I don't know what I can try. then Windows is installed on the hdd. unfortunately it...
  4. Internal HDD disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal HDD disappearing: Recently, I upgraded my GPU and had my PC cleaned. After that my internal HDD just randomly disappears and reappears after shutting down. It happens if it's been off for hours or while I'm using my PC. It only happens to my "D:" drive. I also checked my disk management when...
  5. Internal HDD disappearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal HDD disappearing: Recently, I upgraded my GPU and had my PC cleaned. After that my internal HDD just randomly disappears and reappears after shutting down. It happens if it's been off for hours or while I'm using my PC. It only happens to my "D:" drive. I also checked my disk management when...
  6. Why Is My Laptop's Internal HDD Suddenly Goes Missing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why Is My Laptop's Internal HDD Suddenly Goes Missing?: I have 2 disk drives in my computer. One is the drive for my OS installed in 200+GB SSD and the other is a 1TB HDD. My HDD sometimes goes missing. But I'm thinking that it is because my laptop that is inside my bag that time fell on a concrete floor. I think I broke my HDD....
  7. Internal HDD is not recognized (windows10)?

Internal HDD is not recognized (windows10)?: Hi. Three days ago, my laptop locked me out. With the help of this manual Windows 10 Passwort vergessen: Administratorkonto offline aktivieren | WindowsPro I reset my password. Everything worked fine but now my HDD is not shown anywhere. Not in the BIOS and also not in...
  8. HDD not recognized

HDD not recognized: I have a device that allows exploring HDDs via a UHB hookup. I have several HDDs and have been able to view contents with a device purchased from Cables-to-Go. I don't think that I've used it subsequent to Win 10. Now when I use it it the drives hooked aren't recognized. The...
  9. Internal HDD not recognized upon waking from sleep

Internal HDD not recognized upon waking from sleep: I have an internal HDD that is not recognized when Windows 10 upon waking from sleep. This is a 2TB HDD that came with the system (a Dell XPS 8900) that I have since made into a data drive—all my programs and OS are on another drive. I'm running the anniversary update on...
  10. Internal HDD

Internal HDD: Hi All.I have a Zoostorm desktop had it at the end of last year. It has a SSD & a Second hdd ''spinner''.All is working well the only issue is when I want to open a document there is a slight delay in the opening of it as all documents pictures etc are all stored on the...