Windows 10: INTERNAL HHD error, showing up as Local Disk.

Discus and support INTERNAL HHD error, showing up as Local Disk. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [IMG]After a recent update, not that recently though, i boot windows and it goes into hard drive scan and repair, it estimated 999hours. I am willing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rorybristoll, Nov 16, 2020.

1. INTERNAL HHD error, showing up as Local Disk.

INTERNAL HHD error, showing up as Local Disk. [​IMG]After a recent update, not that recently though, i boot windows and it goes into hard drive scan and repair, it estimated 999hours. I am willing to wait but i have online school every day so this is not an option. I can sometimes log in to a very glitchy home page. I can launch task manager and CMD. In file explorer, my HDD shows up as Local Disk A. I cannot access any files which i need for school. Any suggestions ? Thanks.

:)

rorybristoll, Nov 16, 2020
  2. Kruk Win User

GPT Reserved Partition showing as Local Disk

Hi

I have a two laptops with Windows 10 x64. Recently I noticed new partition with next available letter. Size is 128mb and it can't be accessed. I checked in Disk Management but this partition is not listed there as per the below screen:

INTERNAL HHD error, showing up as Local Disk. [​IMG]

I used MiniTool Partition Wizard and managed to see details about this partition.

I tried Diskpart to remove Drive Letter but no luck:

This happened at the same time on my two HP laptops but not sure what could cause it. Maybe some Windows update? I do not remember installing any new apps. I would like to remove this disk from the list of available disks.

Can anyone suggest/advise how I can remove this from the list?

Thanks

3. Recovering Local Disk

Thank you for your quick response.

It could be a compatibility issue with the latest update and your local disk. We suggest updating your disk driver. Follow these steps:

• On the Start, type Device Manager.
    • Locate and select Disk drives.
    • Right-click on your disk drive, select Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab and choose Update Driver.
    • Once done, click OK.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Nov 16, 2020
  4. INTERNAL HHD error, showing up as Local Disk.

External hard drive is showing up as local disk drive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned that the external hard drive is showing as local disk drive instead of a USB drive, it is because the file format for the external hard drive is same as the internal hard drive and that’s why it is showing
    up as a local disk drive and not a USB drive.

Also, since you are facing issues while changing the drive letter of the drive, for further clarity on the issue and to guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. What is the make and model of the hard drive?
    2. Were you able to save or create a file on the hard drive previously?
    3. What happens when you try to copy and paste the data from the hard drive?
    4. What was the result of check disk performed on the drive?

Since you are receiving the access denied error, I would suggest you to check if the user has appropriate permissions to read/write data on the external hard drive. Refer the article

"Access Denied" or other errors when you access or work with files and folders in Windows
    , refer the section
    I cannot access, change, save, or delete files and folders.

Note:
    The above article applies to Windows 10 also.

Please get back to us with the above information to assist you further with the issue.

We await your response.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

INTERNAL HHD error, showing up as Local Disk.

1. INTERNAL HHD error, showing up as Local Disk. - Similar Threads - INTERNAL HHD error

2. 4TB Seagate HHD not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4TB Seagate HHD not showing: My PC was recently clean installed because i was stuck in an auto repair loop and now im trying to connect my 4TB Seagate HHD, however the drive isnt showing up in BIOS UEFI, Device manager or Disk management....
  3. External HDD showing up as Local Disk H: and Not Responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External HDD showing up as Local Disk H: and Not Responding: Greetings, I'm in desperate need of help. I have been using a Lenovo UHD F309 2TB HDD since 1 year , it seemed to work fine until today , when I connect it to the Laptop it shows up as Local Disk H: and the Storage bar is not shown , As shown in the picture. I tried right...
  4. Hard drive shows up as Local Disk D

Hard drive shows up as Local Disk D: I cant access my external drive and it shows as local disk D https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-shows-up-as-local-disk-d/ea2327aa-81a2-488d-9d37-f833daab3f4b
  5. local disk is not showing up

local disk is not showing up: in my laptop windows 10 the local disk is not showing up there is only windows ssd :c and mcafee vaults but not local disk . i want to locate my local disk file so that i can agree to terms and policy of total pc cleaner app...
  6. Secondary internal disk shows up as removable (Intel RST)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secondary internal disk shows up as removable (Intel RST): Hi, I have Lenovo C730 with 512 GB M.2 drive and secondary 1 TB HDD. Problem is that Windows shows up secondary drive as removable. In C730 BIOS there is no any settings related to "Hot-Plug" or something like that. I have latest Intel RST driver installed (17.7.0.1006)....
  7. External HDD showing up as Local Disk (F:) and Not Responding

External HDD showing up as Local Disk (F:) and Not Responding: Greetings, I'm in desperate need of help. I bought an WD My Passport HDD about 4 months ago , it seemed to work fine until today , When I connect it to the Laptop it shows up as Local Disk (F:) and the Storage bar is not shown , As shown in the picture. I tried right...
  8. External hard drive is showing up as local disk drive

External hard drive is showing up as local disk drive: For some reason it changed from USB Drive to Local Disk. Now i cant use a Label Name (like MyDrive). I try to change the drive Letter and still nothing happen. When i plug the USB Driver to an other computer i see it again as a local driver. If i go to Properties -> Label...
  9. Internal drive not showing up

Internal drive not showing up: The internal D: drive on my laptop isn't showing up anymore after downloading a game from steam and getting a disk corrupt error message every now and again. It doesn't show up on Disk Management or Command or anything. Do I just bring it to someone and get a new compatible...
  10. Internal Hard Drive not showing up in explorer shows up in Disk Mgmt

Internal Hard Drive not showing up in explorer shows up in Disk Mgmt: Hello! My disk was full of useless junk, so I decided to format it. It worked fine until earlier today, where when I booted up my pc, it vanished from explorer. "Odd", I thought. So I went to Disk Mgmt and formatted it again. It shows up as a healthy partition in Disk Mgmt...