Windows 10: Internal laptop microphone stops working when I uninstall Asus Sonic Studio

Discus and support Internal laptop microphone stops working when I uninstall Asus Sonic Studio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use screen capture software Camtasia 2018...... There is a known conflict between Camtasia and Asus Sonic Studio. The error message in Camtasia... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IndianaSteve, May 22, 2020.

1. Internal laptop microphone stops working when I uninstall Asus Sonic Studio

I use screen capture software Camtasia 2018......

There is a known conflict between Camtasia and Asus Sonic Studio.

The error message in Camtasia reads.........."An error occurred in the Recorder: System Audio Setup Failed"

This link from Camtasia, shows that the fix is to uninstall Asus Sonic Suite, Asus Sonic Studio, and/or Asus Sonic Radar.

https://support.techsmith.com/hc/en...88-Camtasia-Windows-System-Audio-Setup-Failed

I did this and Camtasia did indeed work......FANTASTIC!

EXCEPT.................

The internal microphone on the laptop stopped working......Well it didn't work well.... it sounded very intermittent and broken up.

It would catch every other word AT BEST......
    This is the case on recording platform be it Camtasia, Zoom, Loom or the standard Windows microphone recorder.

However, if you got up on top of the microphone and screamed, it would indeed pick up every single word...

It's as if uninstalling the sonic suite made the microphone far less sensitive....

Sooooooo, I reinstalled the Sonic Suite and the internal microphone did indeed return to good working order.......

But i have to uninstall it when i want to use Camtasia.....

This is not a sustainable work-around.

I need Camtasia....
    I need my internal microphone

I do not need Asus Sonic Suite though it would be nice to have all 3 working together nicely...

The hardware is good....
    I don't need Sonic Suite, I'm not a gamer.

I just need my internal microphone to work.

And I have to believe that my internal microphone can indeed work with the proper windows settings.

Please help and advise.

Gratefully,

Steve

Windows 10

Asus GL703GE gaming laptop
    Intel i7-8750H

16 GB Ram

64-bit Operating System x64based processor

:)

IndianaSteve, May 22, 2020
  2. janaavg Win User

internal microphone not working

hello all, I got a new laptop and 2 days into using it the internal microphone stopped working. I tried videochatting and it just wasn't picking up any sound.

• I am sure that it is enabled, and set as default microphone
    • all my windows updates are updated
    • I updated all individual drivers that had anything to do with this internal mic in device manager
    • I also tried uninstalling it and restarting my laptop
    • troubleshooting it has been giving out the same response for a day now: audio not working and I discovered that the issue is with this guy
    All other sounds work (like songs, videos, movies), but it just refuses to pick up any sound. The main concern that I have is that the previous day, I had a zoom meeting and it was working perfectly, fast forward to yesterday and it suddenly stopped.

My laoptop is the ASUS zenbook flip 14'', ryzen 5, vega radeon 8, and I have windows 10 installed on it.

Hoping you guys can help me, thank you in advance.

janaavg, May 22, 2020
  3. Sonic Studios 3 startup request

Hi

I have sonic studios 3 installed on windows 10

every time windows starts up i have 2 a user account has requested changes pop ups

and asking to allow SS3svc36.exe, and SS3Svc64,exe to make changes to computer

Why is this, can i stop it from asking

Im pretty sure it is related to Sonic Studios 3

Should i have installed as administrator (I am only user)

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Bugstein79, May 22, 2020
  4. Jenmar Win User

Internal laptop microphone stops working when I uninstall Asus Sonic Studio

Sonic studio DLA

I am trying to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 and i keep getting the message to uninstall sonic studio DLA. I cannot find this on my laptop and the upgrade will not continue. Any help appreciated.

Jenmar, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Internal laptop microphone stops working when I uninstall Asus Sonic Studio

1. Internal laptop microphone stops working when I uninstall Asus Sonic Studio - Similar Threads - Internal laptop microphone

2. Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer Asus problem windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer Asus problem windows 11: Hello,i have issue with one driver Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer with hardware ids ROOT\AVoluteSS3Vad. Also i use OS windows 11 pro 22H2 22621.1555i download the last driver of my motherboard Asus Z390 F Gaming and i try to put the driver manually by search and not working but...
  3. Internal microphone on laptop stops working at random times.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal microphone on laptop stops working at random times.: The internal microphone of my laptop will suddenly stop picking up any input randomly; it's never consistent, but it will often stop working and then begin working again hours later. I have no idea what causes it and have tried numerous solutions to no avail. I have tried:-...
  4. Internal microphone on laptop stops working at random times.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal microphone on laptop stops working at random times.: The internal microphone of my laptop will suddenly stop picking up any input randomly; it's never consistent, but it will often stop working and then begin working again hours later. I have no idea what causes it and have tried numerous solutions to no avail. I have tried:-...
  5. Internal microphone on laptop stops working at random times.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Sonic Studio III

Sonic Studio III: Something I have noticed lately. A-Volute has fixed SS3 stability issues, when using different inputs other than Realtek. I like the EQ and effects that SS3 has, and use it when using HDMI(either from my Nvidia card or from my Intel CPU's integrated video driver). I connect...
  7. Asus Laptop Internal Speakers not working

Asus Laptop Internal Speakers not working: Randomly during use, my laptop speakers stop working along with the audio jack. The laptop is a Asus X555Q, and I've tried reinstalling drivers, getting new ones, factory resetting, driver rollback and using dsim. I am currently using windows ten and my laptop is 3.5...
  8. My internal microphone stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My internal microphone stopped working: My internal microphone stopped working. Need to know how to get it to work again. tried microphone settings and it detected nothing to fix. microphone still doens't work. I need help ASAP...
  9. Windows 10 Asus Sonic Studio Quicken not working or loading

Windows 10 Asus Sonic Studio Quicken not working or loading: I just wanted to toss this out there in the event it could help someone else. I recently built a new computer based surrounding an Asus Maximus VIII Hero motherboard. I installed all the utilities and later had issues running Quicken 2014. I have a love hate relationship with...
  10. Sonic studio DLA

Sonic studio DLA: I am trying to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 and i keep getting the message to uninstall sonic studio DLA. I cannot find this on my laptop and the upgrade will not continue. Any help appreciated. 16441

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to screenshot on asus laptop