Windows 10: Internal links or icons open new windows

Discus and support Internal links or icons open new windows in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since the most recent Windows 10 update, each time I click on an icon or link within a window in Chrome it opens a new window of the same program.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LarryKalajainen, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Internal links or icons open new windows

Since the most recent Windows 10 update, each time I click on an icon or link within a window in Chrome it opens a new window of the same program. For example, If I'm on Facebook, and I click on the Notifications icon, instead of opening the Notifications panel within Facebook, it opens a new duplicate Facebook window. This doesn't happen on my phone which is Android--only on my laptop and desktop PCs. So that makes it a Windows issue. Is there a fix? I've tried logging out of FB, changing my password, restarting, etc., but this still happens on both laptop and desktop.

:)

LarryKalajainen, Aug 16, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Aug 16, 2019
  4. Internal links or icons open new windows

Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

Internal links or icons open new windows

1. Internal links or icons open new windows - Similar Threads - Internal links icons

2. Microsoft Edge Kiosk - Open Links in New Window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge Kiosk - Open Links in New Window: Hi I'm setting up Edge to replace internet explorer as our go to Kiosk solution.We have a particular website that we load in full screen, we remove tabs and the ability to "escape" from the website rendered in full screen.Usually people browse this site, there are links on...
  3. Microsoft Edge Kiosk - Open Links in New Window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge Kiosk - Open Links in New Window: Hi I'm setting up Edge to replace internet explorer as our go to Kiosk solution.We have a particular website that we load in full screen, we remove tabs and the ability to "escape" from the website rendered in full screen.Usually people browse this site, there are links on...
  4. a new app to open this windows defender link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a new app to open this windows defender link: For some reason my windows defender app stopped working what do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-new-app-to-open-this-windows-defender-link/f5a69384-ed2b-45fa-baa2-f13fd583d5c2
  5. a new app to open this windows defender link

a new app to open this windows defender link: For some reason my windows defender app stopped working what do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-new-app-to-open-this-windows-defender-link/f5a69384-ed2b-45fa-baa2-f13fd583d5c2
  6. need a new app to open this about link

need a new app to open this about link: I'm trying to play Red Dead, but every time I click on the Rockstar Launcher, a pop-up appears constantly and doesn't go away. When I can't click on anything, it just won't go away. It says "you'll need a new app to open this about link". But when I click on an app in the...
  7. Links keep opening in new tab

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Links keep opening in new tab: Hi everyone. Recently I have been experiencing something new on my surface laptop 3. Previously, when I click on a website, for example, it would open in the same tab. However, recently, whenever I click on a link or website, it opens in a new tab resulting in so many tabs...
  8. Icon links

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon links: When i come across a site of interest i create a shortcut to my desk top. I updateded my computer earlier and now the icons are there but when i click on them they just go straight to google. Can you help me restore them ??...
  9. New Problem - Outlook 2010 Links Not Opening

in Browsers and Email
    New Problem - Outlook 2010 Links Not Opening: Sorry, I searched but did not see another thread on this topic. This just started today, maybe after a reboot. Up until today, when I clicked on a hyper link in an email, the link location would open in Firefox, my default browser. Now all of a sudden, nothing at all is...
  10. Open link as new window in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Open link as new window in Edge: In IE, there was a setting to open links (e.g., ones selected by shift-clicking, or ones with a target attribute in the anchor tag) into a new window instead of a new tab. I can't find a way to do this in Edge - in general, the number of user-adjustable settings seems to be...