Windows 10: Internal mic doesn't work after upgrade to win 10

Discus and support Internal mic doesn't work after upgrade to win 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Upgraded Sony Vaio from win 7 to 10. The internal mic doesn't hear anything in cortana or speech to text. The bar doesn't move in mic test in setup.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/46davis, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Internal mic doesn't work after upgrade to win 10

Upgraded Sony Vaio from win 7 to 10. The internal mic doesn't hear anything in cortana or speech to text. The bar doesn't move in mic test in setup. Says computer doesn't hear anything in microphone setup.

BUT it works just fine on Zoom and Skype and and my grandson can talk to his friends okay on Roblox.

Tried everything on Mickeysoft help. Yes, I know this doesn't make any sense. Any ideas?

submitted by /u/46davis
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/46davis, Jul 31, 2020

2. headset and/or internal mic not working

I can't get my headset to work in windows 7. the mic is acknowledged but doesn't work. I have uninstalled the audio drivers - rebooted and had them reinstall - both with the headset and mic plugged in and unplugged. The internal mic is not showing. So
    I have neither the internal mic nor the external mic to work with.

DanTonning, Jul 31, 2020
  3. WAHGGHAW Win User
    Internal mic removed by Windows 10?

I upgraded to Windows 10. Everything seems to work ok.

But the internal microphone (mic) no longer works.
    Nor does it show up on a list of "Recording devices" (even when I select "show disabled devices" and "show disconnected devices".

I am on HP compaq 610.

Anyone know exactly what to do to restore the internal mic, please?

WAHGGHAW, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Internal mic doesn't work after upgrade to win 10

Toshiba Satellite L450 internal mic not working.

My Toshiba Satellite L450D Internal mic is not working. I am using Windows 10 and have tried updating the drivers as well as reinstalling the microphone. I have checked everything suggested. The mic is the internal Realtek High Definition. I have used the
    troubleshooter and it hasn't sorted it.

Any thoughts?

BobMcLean2, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Internal mic doesn't work after upgrade to win 10

1. Internal mic doesn't work after upgrade to win 10 - Similar Threads - Internal mic doesn't

2. Mic doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic doesn't work: I was playing video games, when unexpectedly my computer crashed. It wasn't responding at all, all I could do was move my mouse, that's all. I pressed ctrl+alt+del and it didn't react at all. The PC just froze. So I turned it off by holding the power ON button. When I turned...
  3. Mic doesn't work

Mic doesn't work: I bought a new microphone jack 3.5 and my computer doesn't pick any sound. This problem already happened to me with earbuds with microphone that's why I bought a new mic. I tried everything I found on internet: Updating drivers, activating microphone on privacy tab on...
  4. Windows 10 internal mic and sound not working

Windows 10 internal mic and sound not working: Recently I tried to hop on a Zoom call and noticed that it could not connect to my internal microphone on my laptop, so I tired the usual stuff ie. updating drivers, uninstalling, going through ever trouble shooting page but nothing. Its almost as if my internal microphone is...
  5. Internal mic no longer works after update

Internal mic no longer works after update: Hi, I did a system update yesterday and after it had completed my internal mic no longer works. I discovered this just as I was about to give an on-line lecture. The mic worked fine the day previously, and when I look in the device manager it isn't on the list. All I seem...
  6. Internal mic not working anymore

Internal mic not working anymore: Hi, my laptop has an inbuilt microphone that used to work perfectly until a few months ago. However, I didn't use it often and just realized that it had stopped working last month. I have tried to do any solution that I can find in the internet, I have checked all settings...
  7. WiFi doesn't work after win 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi doesn't work after win 10 upgrade: I know there have been many posts about this. I have tried updating the wireless driver, removing it and reinstalling it, changing the power setting to always on, removing my anti virus, etc. - basically everything that has been posted I have tried. My wifi will work for...
  8. Only internal mic works?

Only internal mic works?: I use a Nextbook Flexx 10. I want to make little videos, but my internal mic sucks, so i bought a new headset (combo cord). when i did, the headphones didn't work. my computer DOES have a combo jack, but when doing mic tests only internal mic works. nothing of use is on the...
  9. Only internal mic works?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Only internal mic works?: I use a Nextbook Flexx 10. I want to make little videos, but my internal mic sucks, so i bought a new headset (combo cord). when i did, the headphones didn't work. my computer DOES have a combo jack, but when doing mic tests only internal mic works. nothing of use is on the...
  10. Laptop internal mic doesn't work anymore

Laptop internal mic doesn't work anymore: Hi! So, the title pretty much says it all. I'll be a little more specific here. I just tried talking to Cortana, because I wanna enter the 21st century too, and she ignored me as if she knew my ex. Turns out she just couldn't hear me. Double checked with Win10's native...