Windows 10: Internal mic not working anymore

Discus and support Internal mic not working anymore in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, my laptop has an inbuilt microphone that used to work perfectly until a few months ago. However, I didn't use it often and just realized that it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FeliciaWijaya, May 19, 2020.

1. Internal mic not working anymore

Hi, my laptop has an inbuilt microphone that used to work perfectly until a few months ago. However, I didn't use it often and just realized that it had stopped working last month. I have tried to do any solution that I can find in the internet, I have checked all settings and everything, I even tried to get help from Microsoft Advisors in settings but all to no avail.

In settings or device manager, I can see the bar going up and down when I speak aloud to the microphone, but any other apps Voice Recorder, Skype, Google, etc. cannot hear me. I have enabled everything and don't mute anything. Microphone is also not disabled and is set as default. I have updated Windows 10 and also checked for updates on the drivers and everything appears to be fine. I went and downloaded drivers directly from HP and I have nothing. Troubleshoot don't detect this problem as well.

Does anyone have any solution or any ideas to this issue? I appreciate any help. Thank you.

:)

FeliciaWijaya, May 19, 2020

2. Laptop internal mic doesn't work anymore

Hi!

So, the title pretty much says it all. I'll be a little more specific here.
    I just tried talking to Cortana, because I wanna enter the 21st century too, and she ignored me as if she knew my ex.
    Turns out she just couldn't hear me.
    Double checked with Win10's native Voice Recorder and that didn't record anything either. Tried using a plug-in mic (actually the standard PS4 earplug/mic, if that makes any difference), but that didn't do anything either and I know that thing worked at least up until I just had to pull it out with a leatherman.

I've gone through all the suggestions google came up with: enabling the mic, un-muting the mic, updating drivers.
    Only thing I didn't do is go through Device Manager and uninstalling device to re-install drivers as I am afraid I'm not gonna be able to find the mic at all anymore.

Weird thing is, I just got this laptop two days ago and during the initial start up I talked to Cortana. Then yesterday I spent an eternity waiting on a massive update and now the current problem has arisen.

System:
    MSI GS63VR 7RF-219NL
    Standard, outta the box. Didn't do anything other than fiddle with the fancy keyboard lights and realise I am not acting my age.

Windows 10 (obviously) Home 32-bit, 1709 build 16299.125
    Nahimic 2+ Audio Driver
    Dragon Centre 1.2.1706.1501

I am assuming my display drivers aren't very relevant here.

Any ideas? I'm guessing that massive update screwed things up, but that's all it is: guessing.

Bakkerbaard, May 19, 2020
  3. headset and/or internal mic not working

I can't get my headset to work in windows 7. the mic is acknowledged but doesn't work. I have uninstalled the audio drivers - rebooted and had them reinstall - both with the headset and mic plugged in and unplugged. The internal mic is not showing. So
    I have neither the internal mic nor the external mic to work with.

DanTonning, May 19, 2020
  4. fireberd Win User

Internal mic not working anymore

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Internal mic not working anymore

1. Internal mic not working anymore - Similar Threads - Internal mic working

2. Mic not working but faintly works with internal audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic not working but faintly works with internal audio: So about a week ago my mic stopped working and doesnt detect anything But my friend told me that if im playing music or a youtube video they can faintly hear it but never hear my voice on voice chat I tried reinstalling the drivers and restore points and setting the internal...
  3. Stuck with internal mic

Stuck with internal mic: I recently decided to use a second monitor, while my laptop's lid is closed. I put the laptop under the desk and connected my earphones so i could listen but i discovered that i could barely hear myself. I'm sure its not a problem with the mic because i tested it before on...
  4. Internal mic no longer works after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal mic no longer works after update: Hi, I did a system update yesterday and after it had completed my internal mic no longer works. I discovered this just as I was about to give an on-line lecture. The mic worked fine the day previously, and when I look in the device manager it isn't on the list. All I seem...
  5. Laptop internal and external mic not working

Laptop internal and external mic not working: I have an asus K501LX and the microphone is not working. I tried using problem solving from the sound settings and it is not giving me any options. So i tried to plug in a USB microphone from sennheiser and the mic is still not working. I thought it had something to do with...
  6. Toshiba Satellite L450 internal mic not working.

Toshiba Satellite L450 internal mic not working.: My Toshiba Satellite L450D Internal mic is not working. I am using Windows 10 and have tried updating the drivers as well as reinstalling the microphone. I have checked everything suggested. The mic is the internal Realtek High Definition. I have used the troubleshooter and...
  7. Laptop internal Mic on not working on browsers [but the mic is working on voice recorder app]

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop internal Mic on not working on browsers [but the mic is working on voice recorder app]: Laptop internal Mic on not working on browsers [but the mic is working on voice recorder app], Please help. URGENTTTTTTTT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-internal-mic-on-not-working-on-browsers-but/b27b95c1-d6cd-4db3-9ae8-ed8827433242
  8. Only internal mic works?

Only internal mic works?: I use a Nextbook Flexx 10. I want to make little videos, but my internal mic sucks, so i bought a new headset (combo cord). when i did, the headphones didn't work. my computer DOES have a combo jack, but when doing mic tests only internal mic works. nothing of use is on the...
  9. Only internal mic works?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Only internal mic works?: I use a Nextbook Flexx 10. I want to make little videos, but my internal mic sucks, so i bought a new headset (combo cord). when i did, the headphones didn't work. my computer DOES have a combo jack, but when doing mic tests only internal mic works. nothing of use is on the...
  10. Laptop internal mic doesn't work anymore

Laptop internal mic doesn't work anymore: Hi! So, the title pretty much says it all. I'll be a little more specific here. I just tried talking to Cortana, because I wanna enter the 21st century too, and she ignored me as if she knew my ex. Turns out she just couldn't hear me. Double checked with Win10's native...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus internal microphone

2. howto test the microphone on my asus ux303l laptop