Windows 10: Internal microphone for my ASUS Vivobook /Windows 10 not working.

Discus and support Internal microphone for my ASUS Vivobook /Windows 10 not working. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Internal microphone is not working , [ATTACH] Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by adorabledp, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Internal microphone for my ASUS Vivobook /Windows 10 not working.

My Internal microphone is not working ,

Internal microphone for my ASUS Vivobook /Windows 10 not working. f1176651-050b-474d-8cbf-4393add6c707?upload=true.png

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP
    Date: 04-08-2020 22:14:37
    Event ID: 442
    Task Category: None
    Level: Warning
    Keywords:
    User: SYSTEM
    Computer: LAPTOP-7NMDF8LU
    Description:
    Device SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.1.00000000}.{c24e7819-704c-4b5d-af57-6e3f6499b6d1} was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.1.00000000}.{e5c97dbb-2eca-40ba-9126-d110d173b870}
    Class Guid: {c166523c-fe0c-4a94-a586-f1a80cfbbf3e}
    Location Path:
    Migration Rank: 0xF00000000000F100
    Present: false
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP" Guid="{9c205a39-1250-487d-abd7-e831c6290539}" />
    <EventID>442</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>3</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x4000000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-08-04T16:44:37.8724347Z" />
    <EventRecordID>497</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="12160" />
    <Channel>Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration</Channel>
    <Computer>LAPTOP-7NMDF8LU</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="DeviceInstanceId">SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.1.00000000}.{c24e7819-704c-4b5d-af57-6e3f6499b6d1}</Data>
    <Data Name="LastDeviceInstanceId">SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.1.00000000}.{e5c97dbb-2eca-40ba-9126-d110d173b870}</Data>
    <Data Name="ClassGuid">{c166523c-fe0c-4a94-a586-f1a80cfbbf3e}</Data>
    <Data Name="LocationPath">
    </Data>
    <Data Name="MigrationRank">0xf00000000000f100</Data>
    <Data Name="Present">false</Data>
    <Data Name="Status">0xc0000451</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

:)

adorabledp, Aug 13, 2020

2. Windows 10 internal microphone don't work

Hi Koidres,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in sound settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "latest drivers", how exactly have you update the drivers? Is it through Device Manager?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Are you facing any issues with using external microphone on the computer?

I suggest you to refer to the steps provided in the below Microsoft Help Article about sound related issues and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...67a-98d2761a770d/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using Internal Microphone on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 13, 2020
  3. janaavg Win User
    internal microphone not working

hello all, I got a new laptop and 2 days into using it the internal microphone stopped working. I tried videochatting and it just wasn't picking up any sound.

• I am sure that it is enabled, and set as default microphone
    • all my windows updates are updated
    • I updated all individual drivers that had anything to do with this internal mic in device manager
    • I also tried uninstalling it and restarting my laptop
    • troubleshooting it has been giving out the same response for a day now: audio not working and I discovered that the issue is with this guy
    All other sounds work (like songs, videos, movies), but it just refuses to pick up any sound. The main concern that I have is that the previous day, I had a zoom meeting and it was working perfectly, fast forward to yesterday and it suddenly stopped.

My laoptop is the ASUS zenbook flip 14'', ryzen 5, vega radeon 8, and I have windows 10 installed on it.

Hoping you guys can help me, thank you in advance.

janaavg, Aug 13, 2020
  4. Internal microphone for my ASUS Vivobook /Windows 10 not working.

internal microphone not working since updates

Hi,

We'd like to confirm if you're still unable to utilize the internal microphone after installing the update? If yes, as an initial step to get the microphone working again, we suggest that you update the driver under
    Audio Inputs and Outputs in the Device Manager. The steps on how to update the device driver on your device can be found on this
    link.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Internal microphone for my ASUS Vivobook /Windows 10 not working.

1. Internal microphone for my ASUS Vivobook /Windows 10 not working. - Similar Threads - Internal microphone ASUS

2. Asus Vivobook Audio and Microphone not working when I plugin headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus Vivobook Audio and Microphone not working when I plugin headphones: Asus Vivobook 15 X1504VA_A1504VA Audio and Microphone not working when I plugin headphones to use with Zoom. I am using Win11.I have tested my headphone with YouTube - my headphone works. I have tried the steps from this link -...
  3. internal microphone on windows 10 is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internal microphone on windows 10 is not working.: I was on a voice call with my friends on discord when my laptop died, when i re-joined my internal mic stopped working on every platform. I have watched countless widows on how to fix it and nothing has worked. please help....
  4. internal microphone on windows 10 is not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    internal microphone on windows 10 is not working.: I was on a voice call with my friends on discord when my laptop died, when i re-joined my internal mic stopped working on every platform. I have watched countless widows on how to fix it and nothing has worked. please help....
  5. internal microphone on windows 10 is not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Asus Vivobook

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Asus Vivobook: I just purchased an Asus Vivobook. Once I set up my laptop I purchased windows 10 Pro via the Microsoft store. The upgrade did not work and I am unable to download the upgrade, but the charge went through. Is there someway to get a license key to correct the issue?...
  7. In-built microphone stopped working in Asus Vivobook 14 .

In-built microphone stopped working in Asus Vivobook 14 .: I used my microphone for one of my project till yesterday morning. The project was heavy, it involved all in all microphone usage and the project got hanged several times but still microphone was working. Later, when i turned on my laptop yesterday noon for a meeting it was...
  8. In-built microphone in Asus Vivobook 14 stopped working.

In-built microphone in Asus Vivobook 14 stopped working.: I used my microphone for one of my project till yesterday morning. The project was heavy, it involved all in all microphone usage and the project got hanged several times but still microphone was working. Later, when i turned on my laptop yesterday noon for a meeting it was...
  9. In-built microphone in Asus Vivobook 14 Windows 10 suddenly stopped working.

In-built microphone in Asus Vivobook 14 Windows 10 suddenly stopped working.: I used my microphone for one of my project till yesterday morning. The project was heavy, it involved all in all microphone usage and the project got hanged several times but still microphone was working. Later, when i turned on my laptop yesterday noon for a meeting it was...
  10. Asus vivobook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Asus vivobook: I am setting up an asus vivobook, once, I am passed link your phone and pc, it goes onto a white screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-vivobook/321ee75e-f7be-4463-a0da-1444f239a420