Windows 10: Internal Microphone; Gone After Windows 10 Upgrade

Discus and support Internal Microphone; Gone After Windows 10 Upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My internal laptop microphone worked until I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I first noticed upon entering a Zoom meeting and no recording... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JEM5180, Apr 8, 2020.

1. JEM5180 Win User

Internal Microphone; Gone After Windows 10 Upgrade

My internal laptop microphone worked until I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I first noticed upon entering a Zoom meeting and no recording devices were recognized. This was one day after successfully using the microphone with Windows 7. Here are observations from what I've tried:

• I have allowed mic access in privacy settings
    • There's no input device found in the sound settings
    • I can't "test" the microphone because it's not recognizing one
    • When I "troubleshoot," the device list shows two microphones; however, it refers to audio jacks, not an internal microphone
    • I went to the Device Manager to see if I could update the microphone drivers; however, no drivers are listed here to update

I'm at a loss for next steps. How do I get Windows 10 to recognize the microphone in my laptop following the Windows 10 upgrade?

Internal Microphone; Gone After Windows 10 Upgrade 221ec016-8a1e-4f98-8cdf-d69a0fc4afe9?upload=true.jpg Internal Microphone; Gone After Windows 10 Upgrade 86668caf-ac93-450a-9c5a-65771280c62c?upload=true.jpg

:)

JEM5180, Apr 8, 2020

2. Windows 10 internal microphone don't work

Hi Koidres,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in sound settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "latest drivers", how exactly have you update the drivers? Is it through Device Manager?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Are you facing any issues with using external microphone on the computer?

I suggest you to refer to the steps provided in the below Microsoft Help Article about sound related issues and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...67a-98d2761a770d/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using Internal Microphone on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 8, 2020
  3. Louie Del Win User
    Constant Muting Internal Microphone

Hi Terri,

If the internal microphone of your device is muting on its own, it can be due to an incompatible driver, broken system components or a software conflict has occurred. To isolate your concern, we’d like to confirm if you’ve made some
    changes and updates on your computer prior to the issue.

Additionally, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter to fix any sound issues. Please check this
    article for the instructions and choose from the drop-down list for other troubleshooting
    steps that you can follow.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Louie Del, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Internal Microphone; Gone After Windows 10 Upgrade

Internal Microphone

This is a peer-to-peer volunteer-based public international forum - while someone here MAY be watching your every move and already have full access to your computer and know what you are seeing and have been there with you for every step you have taken with
    that computer and such - the probability is low. *grin*

Help those here help you by letting them know a *bit* more information. Given what you have so far, here is some things that may be helpful to those who might wish to assist you...

• What is the make & model of the computer?
    • What operating system (OS) did it originally come with?
    • When did you upgrade the OS to Windows 10 (month & year estimation works)?
    • Did you (ever) manually visit the manufacturer's web page for that particular model computer and download / install the latest hardware device drivers said manufacturer supplied(ies) for Windows 10 usage on that specific system?
    • When was the last time the microphone worked in said system?
    • What changed between the time the microphone last worked and now?
    • What have you done to troubleshoot the issue so far?
    • What application(s) have you utilized to test the microphone functionality?
    • What would you say your 'skill level' is when it comes to troubleshooting issues on a computer? (Asked so the proper level of presentation and steps are shown without offending you in any direction/manner.)

Shenan Stanley, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Internal Microphone; Gone After Windows 10 Upgrade

1. Internal Microphone; Gone After Windows 10 Upgrade - Similar Threads - Internal Microphone Gone

2. internal microphone on windows 10 is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internal microphone on windows 10 is not working.: I was on a voice call with my friends on discord when my laptop died, when i re-joined my internal mic stopped working on every platform. I have watched countless widows on how to fix it and nothing has worked. please help....
  3. internal microphone on windows 10 is not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    internal microphone on windows 10 is not working.: I was on a voice call with my friends on discord when my laptop died, when i re-joined my internal mic stopped working on every platform. I have watched countless widows on how to fix it and nothing has worked. please help....
  4. internal microphone on windows 10 is not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop internal microphone not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop internal microphone not working in Windows 10: My laptop's internal microphone seems to not work at all, in spite of trying everything I could. When I use wired headphones, the bar in the microphone in 'Sound' does work, and bluetooth headphones seem to work as well as a separate microphone device in the list in 'Sound'....
  6. Laptop internal microphone not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop internal microphone not working in Windows 10: My laptop's internal microphone seems to not work at all, in spite of trying everything I could. When I use wired headphones, the bar in the microphone in 'Sound' does work, and bluetooth headphones seem to work as well as a separate microphone device in the list in 'Sound'....
  7. internal microphone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    internal microphone: hello, i have an hp elite dragonfly, i restarted my laptop and tried to talk with my friends through "Discord" but my mic wasnt working i use the internal mic. I opened control panel and went to the sound option and i checked the options "show disabled devices" and "show...
  8. Internal microphone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internal microphone: Hi: The internal microphone has stopped working and I do not know why hence cannot respond to zoom or team meetings? Test Microphone says working properly from settings but no sound? Drivers are up to date G50-70 Laptop Lenovo - Type 80DY...
  9. internal microphone

internal microphone: When I am in a zoom meeting the other participants can barely hear me. I need to be 3" from the microphone to come out softly. In the sound settings the bar barely moves when I speak. Is there a way to increase the sound? It's set at 100%.Thanks Thanks DC...
  10. Bluetooth Radio gone after windows 10 upgrade

Bluetooth Radio gone after windows 10 upgrade: So after updating from windows 7 to windows 10 my bluetooth radio is now gone. My bluetooth keyboard and mouse are connected but I can't make new connections via bluetooth because I can't access the bluetooth radio. The bluetooth icon is gone in the system tray and I can't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. internal mic disappeared

2. windows 10 internal microphone problems