Windows 10: Internal Microphone is not working in HP device

Discus and support Internal Microphone is not working in HP device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Split from this thread. I have the same issue, I'm not sure why it's been happening. My internal microphone for some reason is not working, and I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Leah Catherine, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Internal Microphone is not working in HP device

Split from this thread.​

I have the same issue, I'm not sure why it's been happening. My internal microphone for some reason is not working, and I have not made any changes to my device that I am aware of. My laptop is HP, though! I'm trying everything.

:)

Leah Catherine, Dec 27, 2020

2. internal microphone not working since updates

Hi,

We'd like to confirm if you're still unable to utilize the internal microphone after installing the update? If yes, as an initial step to get the microphone working again, we suggest that you update the driver under
    Audio Inputs and Outputs in the Device Manager. The steps on how to update the device driver on your device can be found on this
    link.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Dec 27, 2020
  3. HP Spectre x360 internal microphone does not work with Cortana

Hi Nelson,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• When did you start encountering the issue?
    • Was it able to work after replacing the keyboard and motherboard?
    • Have you tried accessing applications that require microphone? Are you getting the same issue?
    Meanwhile, to help resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and hit enter.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and run the troubleshooter.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Dec 27, 2020
  4. Rey Cam Win User

Internal Microphone is not working in HP device

Lenovo B40-80 internal microphone not working

Hello,

Incompatibility, a missing or corrupted audio driver may be causing the issue you are now encountering.

Method 1: Initially, let us try running the audio troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in search bar and click it.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound
    • Click on Playing Audio and follow the instructions
    Method 2: Let's adjust the volume for your microphone and check if it is set as default.
    • Right-click the speaker icon which is on the right bottom corner of the desktop screen of the taskbar.
    • Click on Sounds, click the
      Recording
      tab.
    • Click Microphone, and then click
      Properties. (Note: Make sure that Working appears under Microphone. If Working does not appear, click Microphone, and then click Set Default.)
    • In the Microphone Properties dialog box, click the
      Custom tab.
    • Select or clear the Microphone Boost
      check box.
    • Click the Levels tab.
    • Adjust the volume slider to the level that you want, and then click
      OK.
    • Click OK to close the Sound dialog box.
    Method 3: If the issue persists, then I would also suggest that you try updating the drivers for the sound card and check if that helps.

Step 1: Follow the steps provided below to update the drivers.

• Drag the mouse to bottom left corner and right-click on the
      Start.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • In Device Manager, locate the device you want to update, and then double-click the device name.
    • Click the Driver tab, and then click
      Update Driver and follow the instructions.
    Step 2: Visit the computer manufacturer's support website and install the latest drivers available for the latest operating system.

Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled and is set as default.

Follow these steps to check this:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.
    • Now, right click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.
    • Select “Microphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the microphone is enabled.
    • You may also check if the microphone that you are using is set as default.

Keep us updated with the status of the issue and we'll be glad to assist you further.

Rey Cam, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

Internal Microphone is not working in HP device

1. Internal Microphone is not working in HP device - Similar Threads - Internal Microphone working

2. My internal microphone in my HP laptop is no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My internal microphone in my HP laptop is no longer working: It happened after I plugged in an old microphone. It didn't work so I threw it away and now my laptop seems to be looking for it instead of using the internal microphone. My laptop is almost 4 years old and an HP. Windows 11 and Edge Browser. Not sure if problem is Windows,...
  3. My internal microphone in my HP laptop is no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My internal microphone in my HP laptop is no longer working: It happened after I plugged in an old microphone. It didn't work so I threw it away and now my laptop seems to be looking for it instead of using the internal microphone. My laptop is almost 4 years old and an HP. Windows 11 and Edge Browser. Not sure if problem is Windows,...
  4. HP laptop internal microphone not working windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    HP laptop internal microphone not working windows 11/10: [ATTACH]This post will help you if your HP laptop’s internal microphone is not working. There could be any reason why you are facing this issue. For example, there might be outdated audio drivers on your laptop, the laptop doesn’t recognize your internal microphone, etc. You...
  5. Internal Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internal Microphone not working: I have a computer and i always used my internal mic for discord but after setting up a oculus device on a different computer, it hasnt been detecting any input. I troubleshooted this problem in the windows settings and it says my microphone is muted and so i allowed the bot...
  6. internal microphone not working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    internal microphone not working: i used to attend classes on zoom regularly when suddenly one day i noticed my internal microphone was not working and to my surprise it had been working fine till yesterday what i noiced was that microphone wasnt detecting any sound and when i opened and application to...
  7. Internal microphone not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal microphone not working: Hello all, I got a new laptop ASUS Zenbook. Everything was working for a few weeks and now the internal microphone stopped working when I turn on headphones not headset - headphones without microphone. I tried video chatting and I could hear sounds but I cannot speak. But...
  8. Internal microphone not working

Internal microphone not working: What should be the default setting for the internal microphone to work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-microphone-not-working/8aad67bf-d964-45fc-9fcc-ee225967d131
  9. Internal microphone is not working

Internal microphone is not working: 2 days ago my Realtek microphone has stopped working, I've troubleshot it and my PC thinks everything is all good and nothing is wrong with it. I've tried updating it but it has the best updates, everything I've checked said there is nothing wrong with it, yet no one can hear...
  10. Internal Microphone not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internal Microphone not working: I have an HP Pavillion running Windows 10 version 18363. I have an internal mic which is receiving sound but there is no output. When I speak, no one can hear me. I have tried attaching a webcam with a mic but the noise is very squeaky & unintelligible. I have gone...