Windows 10: Internal Microphone keeps disappearing after updates

Discus and support Internal Microphone keeps disappearing after updates in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can someone please tell me how to keep my internal microphone working? It is gone after windows updates.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BarbaraWhary, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Internal Microphone keeps disappearing after updates

Can someone please tell me how to keep my internal microphone working? It is gone after windows updates.

:)

BarbaraWhary, Sep 6, 2020

2. internal microphone not working since updates

Hi,

We'd like to confirm if you're still unable to utilize the internal microphone after installing the update? If yes, as an initial step to get the microphone working again, we suggest that you update the driver under
    Audio Inputs and Outputs in the Device Manager. The steps on how to update the device driver on your device can be found on this
    link.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Sep 6, 2020
  3. Louie Del Win User
    Constant Muting Internal Microphone

Hi Terri,

If the internal microphone of your device is muting on its own, it can be due to an incompatible driver, broken system components or a software conflict has occurred. To isolate your concern, we’d like to confirm if you’ve made some
    changes and updates on your computer prior to the issue.

Additionally, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter to fix any sound issues. Please check this
    article for the instructions and choose from the drop-down list for other troubleshooting
    steps that you can follow.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Louie Del, Sep 6, 2020
  4. Internal Microphone keeps disappearing after updates

internal microphone not working since updates

In order to effectively assist you with your concern, we'd like to confirm what are the troubleshooting steps that you've performed to resolve the microphone issue?

Since the microphone driver is up to date, we would suggest that you reinstall it to rule out issues related to corrupted driver installation after the recent the
    Windows Update. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Type Device Manager in the search bar and press Enter.
    • Click the drop-down arrow to expand Audio inputs and outputs.
    • Right-click on the microphone driver and select Properties.
    • Under the Driver tab, select Uninstall.
    • Press OK.
    • Restart the device to reinstall a native driver.
    • Once you're done, check if the issue persists.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

Internal Microphone keeps disappearing after updates

1. Internal Microphone keeps disappearing after updates - Similar Threads - Internal Microphone keeps

2. Microphone keeps getting disabled after Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone keeps getting disabled after Update: Split from this thread. My Microphone keeps getting disabled after this update, if have to go in settings and manually turn it on every time it disconnects, and it disconnects quite often....
  3. Microphone keeps getting disabled after Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone keeps getting disabled after Update: Split from this thread. My Microphone keeps getting disabled after this update, if have to go in settings and manually turn it on every time it disconnects, and it disconnects quite often....
  4. Microphone keeps getting disabled after Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Internal Laptop SSD Drive Keeps Disappearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal Laptop SSD Drive Keeps Disappearing: My HP laptop has a second internal SATA SSD drive which I normally assign to drive Z: for backups. It has worked fine to date but sometimes when I start the PC it is not found in Explorer - see below. I can easily assign the disk letter Z: in Disk Management which works for a...
  6. Internal Laptop SSD Drive Keeps Disappearing

in Windows 10 Support
    Internal Laptop SSD Drive Keeps Disappearing: My HP laptop has a second internal SATA SSD drive which I normally assign to drive Z: for backups. It has worked fine to date but sometimes when I start the PC it is not found in Explorer - see below. I can easily assign the disk letter Z: in Disk Management which works for a...
  7. internal microphone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    internal microphone: hello, i have an hp elite dragonfly, i restarted my laptop and tried to talk with my friends through "Discord" but my mic wasnt working i use the internal mic. I opened control panel and went to the sound option and i checked the options "show disabled devices" and "show...
  8. Internal microphone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internal microphone: Hi: The internal microphone has stopped working and I do not know why hence cannot respond to zoom or team meetings? Test Microphone says working properly from settings but no sound? Drivers are up to date G50-70 Laptop Lenovo - Type 80DY...
  9. internal microphone

internal microphone: When I am in a zoom meeting the other participants can barely hear me. I need to be 3" from the microphone to come out softly. In the sound settings the bar barely moves when I speak. Is there a way to increase the sound? It's set at 100%.Thanks Thanks DC...
  10. My internal drives disappeared after the update.

My internal drives disappeared after the update.: So after the update, my drives disappeared. They were there for a while when I first rebooted after the update. I watched a movie, played games and everything was cool. Then, I watched another movie and upon closing my screen froze and my mouse started moving randomly, in...