Windows 10: Internal microphone not working conexant ISST Audio

Discus and support Internal microphone not working conexant ISST Audio in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had a black screen incident 10 days ago on my HP Spectre running windows 10. I managed to reboot by turning it on and off and all seemed well.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JanCanVan, Mar 23, 2020.

1. JanCanVan Win User

Internal microphone not working conexant ISST Audio

I had a black screen incident 10 days ago on my HP Spectre running windows 10. I managed to reboot by turning it on and off and all seemed well. However, by trying to skype several people and them not being able to hear me, I have discovered that my internal mic is not responding.
    I have tried the trouble shooter but it says it cannot find any issue.
    Can anyone help me? I am going to be relying on skype as the current world situation deteriorates and we are all confined to home, with family thousands of miles away!!
    Very much appreciated!

Thank you

:)

JanCanVan, Mar 23, 2020

2. Conexant ISST audio drivers uninstall after updates to Windows 10

Hi,

I have a 3 month old HP Spectre x360 that came with Windows 10. Every time there is an update which requires a restart (for Windows 10, iTunes or what have you), my audio drivers (Conexant ISST audio) are uninstalled. I have to manually go into Device Manager,
    update driver, and choose from a driver installed on my computer to get the driver to work again (after yet another restart). I have tried uninstalling the driver and then restarting the computer, but this (like the device manager option) is only a temporary
    fix. Every new update and restart uninstalls the audio drivers again. While the temporary fix has worked every time (so far) it is getting annoying and I would greatly appreciate some advice on a permanent fix.

notairesenchae, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Internal Conexant Audio speakers are "unconnected"

Hi,

For further assistance regarding the "unconnected" status of your internal audio speaker, we would like to gather more information:

• Was the update installed manually or automatically?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Ken42 Win User

Conexant ISST Audio ignores Mute key and Mute-speaker icon after driver update

I purchased an HP ENVY 13-y000 x360 notebook a few months ago. Internal speakers often quit working with the Conexant ISST Audio device completely missing from the volume control, device manager, etc. "Solution" was to use HP Recovery Manager to reinstall
    the driver (version 9.0.140.1).

When I contacted HP support about the problem, they ran some diagnostics, determined that the hardware was functioning correctly and said I would need to get support from Microsoft. (I don't have time to keep chasing this - it is easier / faster for me to
    just reinstall the driver a few times per week.)

Recently, a Microsoft update installed a new version of that driver (version 10.0.16299.15). Now there is no way to mute the audio. The Mute key (F11) makes no difference. Clicking on the speaker icon in the Volume control also no longer will mute the speakers.
    The volume controls still work from the F9 and F10 keys, and also via the slider in the taskbar volume icon.

Having no Mute key is a pain, but I guess it is a slight improvement versus reinstalling the driver frequently just to get audio at all. At least I can turn the volume all the way down to "mute" the audio.

Suggestions?

Ken

Ken42, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Internal microphone not working conexant ISST Audio - Similar Threads - Internal microphone working

2. Conexant ISST Audio Speakers "MUFFLED" on HP laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Conexant ISST Audio Speakers "MUFFLED" on HP laptop: My Conexant ISST Audio speakers on my HP laptop were working fine this morning, now suddenly, the sound out of my speakers sounds like the volume is locked on 1. I can 'barely' hear muffled sound. None of my adjustments in settings fix the problem. Drivers are updated. If I...
  3. Conexant ISST Audio Speakers "MUFFLED" on HP laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Conexant ISST Audio Speakers "MUFFLED" on HP laptop: My Conexant ISST Audio speakers on my HP laptop were working fine this morning, now suddenly, the sound out of my speakers sounds like the volume is locked on 1. I can 'barely' hear muffled sound. None of my adjustments in settings fix the problem. Drivers are updated. If I...
  4. Conexant ISST Audio Speakers "MUFFLED" on HP laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Conexant ISST driver deleted...now no sound whatsoever

Conexant ISST driver deleted...now no sound whatsoever: Hello,I have an older HP EliteBook that developed problems with the Conexant ISST audio system. I appreciate that Conexant went out of business in 2014, which was news to me when I began searching for a solution to this problemAfter hours of research, I deleted the driver.Now...
  6. Errors or issues during or after updating devices with Conexant ISST audio drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Errors or issues during or after updating devices with Conexant ISST audio drivers: Errors or issues during or after updating devices with Conexant ISST audio drivers Devices with affected Conexant ISST audio drivers might receive an error or have issues with Windows 10, version 2004 It's almost been a GD year, when is this going to be fixed? ......
  7. Audio and internal microphone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio and internal microphone: I am using a Windows 10, Dell laptop borrowed from the college I work for and I need it to conduct remote instruction for my college classes, Our College, uses Canvas and we all need to be using ConferZoom. However, my audio and recording and microphone stopped yesterday. I...
  8. MicTray64 keylogger issue fixed in latest Conexant ISST Audio drivers?

in Windows 10 Support
    MicTray64 keylogger issue fixed in latest Conexant ISST Audio drivers?: Does anyone know if the latest Conexant ISST Audio Driver, created 25 Jan 2019 and released by HP 12 Feb 2019 (as well as earlier updates) has REMOVED the accidental keylogger? I just bought a nice used HP Elitebook 840 G3 and downloaded the 12 Feb 2019 driver directly from...
  9. Conexant CX20751 Windows 10 Audio Driver Microphone Issues

Conexant CX20751 Windows 10 Audio Driver Microphone Issues: I have a Lenovo Edge E440 laptop to which I have installed the latest Windows TP (10162). I have upgraded my audio drivers to the aforementioned CX20751, as Lenovo suggested this driver includes support for Windows 10. Upon installing this latest driver, I have come across...
  10. Conexant SmartAudio HD microphone channel not working as expected!

in Windows 10 Support
    Conexant SmartAudio HD microphone channel not working as expected!: Hi, I want to use the two channels of my microphone jack for two separate signals. For testing the functionality i used an earphones which I plugged onto the microphones jack. Using audacity when I checked the signals on both the channels, it is the same if I give signal...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. conexant hd audio skype

2. conexant isst microphone not working

3. conextant iist audio cant select microphone