Windows 10: Internal microphone not working on browsers but working in settings and Cortana hears me

Discus and support Internal microphone not working on browsers but working in settings and Cortana hears me in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a big problem with my microphone. I've googled everything on this community also, but didn't find the answer. My microphone doesn't work on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ivan Simic, Sep 7, 2021.

1. Internal microphone not working on browsers but working in settings and Cortana hears me

Hi, I have a big problem with my microphone. I've googled everything on this community also, but didn't find the answer. My microphone doesn't work on chrome and edge. When I go to settings and to troubleshoot...I go to section ''Cortana can't hear me." Everytime when I do tests with microphone it works ..mic also works normal in voice recorder app on my laptop. Laptop is lenovoG50, and mic is Conexant SmartAudio. For example, when I go to google meet...I have a pop up tab where it asks me to give permission to my mic...and I click allow. And in the settings of Google Meet...everything is goo

:)

Ivan Simic, Sep 7, 2021
  2. Vivian_S Win User

Microphone not working

Hi Tal,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with the Microphone on your computer. In order to get better clarity, please let us know:

• What is the build version of Windows 10 Home installed on your computer? You can click on Search and type
      winver.
    • Are you using and internal or external microphone?

Meanwhile, let us try a few steps and see if it helps.

I would suggest you to check
    How to set up and test microphones in Windows 10

Once the microphone is setup, please check the settings referred in Cortana can't hear me.

Let us know the results. If issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Vivian_S, Sep 7, 2021
  3. Windows 10 recognized my microphone and works, but Cortana doesn't hear me

It kinds of works now the internal built-in mic does not work for Cortana, but a microphone works. whenever I try to set up the mic using the internal mic it can hear me but when I use a external mic it works. My Internal and external mic works for other
    programs

R C Bauista, Sep 7, 2021
  4. Internal microphone not working on browsers but working in settings and Cortana hears me

Internal microphone not working

Hello all, I got a new laptop (ASUS Zenbook). Everything was working for a few weeks and now the internal microphone stopped working when I turn on headphones (not headset - headphones without microphone).

I tried video chatting and I could hear sounds but I cannot speak. But without the headphones, I can speak.

• This is the same headphone and I could speak before.
    • I am sure that the microphone is enabled, and set as the default microphone.
    • All my windows updates are updated.
    • I restarted twice.

I have windows 10 installed on it.

Hoping you guys can help me, thank you in advance.

JoanaNicolau, Sep 7, 2021
Thema:

Internal microphone not working on browsers but working in settings and Cortana hears me

1. Internal microphone not working on browsers but working in settings and Cortana hears me - Similar Threads - Internal microphone working

2. external and internal microphone not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external and internal microphone not working: what should i do? i tried some steps that could help but none of them worked. what should i do? i tried some steps that could help but none of them worked...
  3. Built-In Internal Microphone Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Built-In Internal Microphone Not Working: The microphone is not working at all. Updated the drivers, reinstalled them but none of these are helping. Driver in use : IDT High Definition Audio CODEC Driver alternate : High Definition Audio DeviceDriver unknown to me : Audio Endpoint & Generic software deviceNote: I do...
  4. Internal Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internal Microphone not working: I have a computer and i always used my internal mic for discord but after setting up a oculus device on a different computer, it hasnt been detecting any input. I troubleshooted this problem in the windows settings and it says my microphone is muted and so i allowed the bot...
  5. internal microphone not working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    internal microphone not working: i used to attend classes on zoom regularly when suddenly one day i noticed my internal microphone was not working and to my surprise it had been working fine till yesterday what i noiced was that microphone wasnt detecting any sound and when i opened and application to...
  6. Internal microphone not working

Internal microphone not working: Hello all, I got a new laptop ASUS Zenbook. Everything was working for a few weeks and now the internal microphone stopped working when I turn on headphones not headset - headphones without microphone. I tried video chatting and I could hear sounds but I cannot speak. But...
  7. Microphone not working, only works with cortana

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone not working, only works with cortana: For some stupid reason my microphone is being detected, works perfectly fine, but literally every application other than cortana does not work. Before you ask, yes I have enabled apps to use my microphone. Windows has detected no issues with it, and it says everything is...
  8. Internal microphone not working

Internal microphone not working: What should be the default setting for the internal microphone to work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-microphone-not-working/8aad67bf-d964-45fc-9fcc-ee225967d131
  9. Internal microphone is not working

Internal microphone is not working: 2 days ago my Realtek microphone has stopped working, I've troubleshot it and my PC thinks everything is all good and nothing is wrong with it. I've tried updating it but it has the best updates, everything I've checked said there is nothing wrong with it, yet no one can hear...
  10. Internal Microphone not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internal Microphone not working: I have an HP Pavillion running Windows 10 version 18363. I have an internal mic which is receiving sound but there is no output. When I speak, no one can hear me. I have tried attaching a webcam with a mic but the noise is very squeaky & unintelligible. I have gone...