Windows 10: Internal Microphone Windows 10 Laptop Not Working

Discus and support Internal Microphone Windows 10 Laptop Not Working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've tried nearly every attempt on the internet to fix my internal microphone, updated drivers, went to Control Panel, set as default, put max sound,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Pryker, May 5, 2020.

1. Pryker Win User

Internal Microphone Windows 10 Laptop Not Working

I've tried nearly every attempt on the internet to fix my internal microphone, updated drivers, went to Control Panel, set as default, put max sound, allow all devices to access the microphone, did troubleshoot, and everything. Still doesn't work. I only got this brand new laptop a few months ago, and it's already ****. Please someone help

:)

Pryker, May 5, 2020
  2. JEM5180 Win User

Internal Microphone; Gone After Windows 10 Upgrade

My internal laptop microphone worked until I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I first noticed upon entering a Zoom meeting and no recording devices were recognized. This was one day after successfully using the microphone with Windows 7. Here are observations
    from what I've tried:

• I have allowed mic access in privacy settings
    • There's no input device found in the sound settings
    • I can't "test" the microphone because it's not recognizing one
    • When I "troubleshoot," the device list shows two microphones; however, it refers to audio jacks, not an internal microphone
    • I went to the Device Manager to see if I could update the microphone drivers; however, no drivers are listed here to update
    I'm at a loss for next steps. How do I get Windows 10 to recognize the microphone in my laptop following the Windows 10 upgrade?

Internal Microphone Windows 10 Laptop Not Working 221ec016-8a1e-4f98-8cdf-d69a0fc4afe9?upload=true.jpg

Internal Microphone Windows 10 Laptop Not Working 86668caf-ac93-450a-9c5a-65771280c62c?upload=true.jpg

JEM5180, May 5, 2020
  3. Windows 10 internal microphone don't work

Hi Koidres,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in sound settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "latest drivers", how exactly have you update the drivers? Is it through Device Manager?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Are you facing any issues with using external microphone on the computer?

I suggest you to refer to the steps provided in the below Microsoft Help Article about sound related issues and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...67a-98d2761a770d/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using Internal Microphone on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 5, 2020
  4. janaavg Win User

internal microphone not working

hello all, I got a new laptop and 2 days into using it the internal microphone stopped working. I tried videochatting and it just wasn't picking up any sound.

• I am sure that it is enabled, and set as default microphone
    • all my windows updates are updated
    • I updated all individual drivers that had anything to do with this internal mic in device manager
    • I also tried uninstalling it and restarting my laptop
    • troubleshooting it has been giving out the same response for a day now: audio not working and I discovered that the issue is with this guy
    All other sounds work (like songs, videos, movies), but it just refuses to pick up any sound. The main concern that I have is that the previous day, I had a zoom meeting and it was working perfectly, fast forward to yesterday and it suddenly stopped.

My laoptop is the ASUS zenbook flip 14'', ryzen 5, vega radeon 8, and I have windows 10 installed on it.

Hoping you guys can help me, thank you in advance.

janaavg, May 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Internal Microphone Windows 10 Laptop Not Working - Similar Threads - Internal Microphone Laptop

2. HP laptop internal microphone not working windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    HP laptop internal microphone not working windows 11/10: [ATTACH]This post will help you if your HP laptop’s internal microphone is not working. There could be any reason why you are facing this issue. For example, there might be outdated audio drivers on your laptop, the laptop doesn’t recognize your internal microphone, etc. You...
  3. internal microphone on windows 10 is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internal microphone on windows 10 is not working.: I was on a voice call with my friends on discord when my laptop died, when i re-joined my internal mic stopped working on every platform. I have watched countless widows on how to fix it and nothing has worked. please help....
  4. internal microphone on windows 10 is not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    internal microphone on windows 10 is not working.: I was on a voice call with my friends on discord when my laptop died, when i re-joined my internal mic stopped working on every platform. I have watched countless widows on how to fix it and nothing has worked. please help....
  5. internal microphone on windows 10 is not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Laptop internal microphone not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop internal microphone not working in Windows 10: My laptop's internal microphone seems to not work at all, in spite of trying everything I could. When I use wired headphones, the bar in the microphone in 'Sound' does work, and bluetooth headphones seem to work as well as a separate microphone device in the list in 'Sound'....
  7. Laptop internal microphone not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop internal microphone not working in Windows 10: My laptop's internal microphone seems to not work at all, in spite of trying everything I could. When I use wired headphones, the bar in the microphone in 'Sound' does work, and bluetooth headphones seem to work as well as a separate microphone device in the list in 'Sound'....
  8. Laptop internal microphone not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Internal Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internal Microphone not working: I have a computer and i always used my internal mic for discord but after setting up a oculus device on a different computer, it hasnt been detecting any input. I troubleshooted this problem in the windows settings and it says my microphone is muted and so i allowed the bot...
  10. Internal Microphone not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internal Microphone not working: I have an HP Pavillion running Windows 10 version 18363. I have an internal mic which is receiving sound but there is no output. When I speak, no one can hear me. I have tried attaching a webcam with a mic but the noise is very squeaky & unintelligible. I have gone...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microphone privacy settings for zoom

2. MICROPHONE NOT WORKING ON ZOOM

3. mic on windows asus