Windows 10: Internal optical drive seen as removable drive

Discus and support Internal optical drive seen as removable drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys, I've got a CQ62 running an AMD processor. It's working great in every way but one. The internal CD/DVD burner is seen as a removable drive,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by paul1149, Oct 18, 2018.

1. paul1149 Win User

Internal optical drive seen as removable drive

Hi guys,

I've got a CQ62 running an AMD processor. It's working great in every way but one.

The internal CD/DVD burner is seen as a removable drive, and is inaccessible. Under Device Manager it's listed under Disk Drives, whereas normally it should be under DVD/CD Drives.

The drive is unusable in Windows, but I can boot from it, and a live Linux session sees the drive fine, as does WinPE. This seems to be a Windows installation problem.

Apparently the drive is seen as sata, not usb, because it doesn't show up in the Safely Remove utility.

I did the last registry hack at https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/...moveable-media. I've switched optical drives with a known-good. I updated the BIOS. No difference.

I'm running the 1809 version of Win10 x64.

Thanks

:)

paul1149, Oct 18, 2018
  2. Dalmango Win User

Search Not Indexing Optical Drive

Thanks,

• When you mentioned D Drive, are you pertaining to a partition or a separate external drive? - D Drive = Solid State Drive; 1 of 2 internal drives (the other being an optical drive);
    • Were you able to check if indexing was already completed? - Indexing completed on each attempt of rectification;
    • In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter - Done prior to posting; useless! It does not find any problems.

Dalmango, Oct 18, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Optical Drive

Hi ERNESTSMITHVM,

Boot into BIOS/UEFI and check that the Optical drive is listed there, if it is not then the Acer Tech has somehow not connected that drive correctly . . .

Otherwise, in Windows , open Device Manager - is hat drive listed at the top of the Hardware list?

DaveM121, Oct 18, 2018
  4. Ernie San Win User

Optical Drive missing

Hello,

To find Optical Drive, we recommend checking it on Device Manager. Here are the steps below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type and click Device Manager in Cortana search box.
    • Click View.
    • Select Show hidden devices.
    Let us know how it goes.

Ernie San, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Internal optical drive seen as removable drive - Similar Threads - Internal optical drive

2. optical drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    optical drive: so, my optical drive is only reading blank disks. when I insert a blank disk, it reads without a problem, but when I insert a disk thhat has even 1 byte, the drive goes crazy and does not read. i would like an answer to that....
  3. optical drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    optical drive: so, my optical drive is only reading blank disks. when I insert a blank disk, it reads without a problem, but when I insert a disk thhat has even 1 byte, the drive goes crazy and does not read. i would like an answer to that....
  4. Optical Drive seen as SCSI Device by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Optical Drive seen as SCSI Device by Windows 10: Greetings to All, I am using the latest version of Windows 10. The problem is my Win10 sees my Optical Drives as a SCSI device when in my thinking they should be seen as IDE or ATAPI devices (not sure which one). In short, I can see my Optical Drives nested in my Device...
  5. Optical Drive

Optical Drive: Hello, The optical drive on my ASUS all in one pc has stopped working. Apparently, there is a driver error. I have tried to fix/update with no success. ASUS say there is no direct fix available. I have bought an external drive, but this is also showing the same diagnostic...
  6. new install optical drive not seen

new install optical drive not seen: help - optical drive not seen after clean install Win 10 / 64 pro up to date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-install-optical-drive-not-seen/9cbe76d1-2c1d-4e46-8b7a-8b4207811cc8
  7. Optical drive

Optical drive: How do I install and connect the ASUS External slim optical drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optical-drive/db20e64f-3402-413d-8948-b95b9dd4eb48
  8. optical drive

optical drive: just bought a new desk top PC. manual shows that there is an optical drive eject button but I don't see it in my PC. am I equipped with optical drive or no? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optical-drive/ff81eee5-343a-42cc-b7f8-31d2e4a2b445
  9. optical drive

optical drive: is not listed in devices and wont find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/optical-drive/0fdeeee8-96a7-42b5-801d-ed31c57d2c14
  10. Desktop Internal Optical Drive not recognized by Windows 10

Desktop Internal Optical Drive not recognized by Windows 10: Problem - Desktop Internal Optical Drive not recognized by Windows 10. System Configuration: *-*-*HP Pavilion Elite AV976AV-ABA p6120t *-*-*Device Manager shows no optical drive installed (with and without disk inserted) *-*-*System Information APP indicates no optical...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. optical drive ssd removable?

2. ssd seen as removable device