Windows 10: Internal PC Mic not detected

Discus and support Internal PC Mic not detected in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Can anyone help with the above? I tried to connect my PC by HDMI to my television last night and since then my internal mic seems to have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MikhalKatz Francois, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Internal PC Mic not detected

Hi,

Can anyone help with the above? I tried to connect my PC by HDMI to my television last night and since then my internal mic seems to have disappeared. I can only use an external one.

Thanks

:)

MikhalKatz Francois, Dec 20, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Dec 20, 2020
  3. Windbrand Win User
    Laptop won't detect built-in mic on headsets/earbuds

I'm running Windows 10 home on a Lenovo Ideapad laptop, and it doesn't detect the mic on any of my headsets/earbuds. I can hear playback fine on my headsets/earbuds, but it can't speak through them, since it insists on using the laptop's internal mic. This results in my typing/mouse clicks all being captured on audio.

• In sound properties recording tab, I just see "microphone (Realtek high def audio)" and "stereo mix (Realtek high def audio)"
    • In sound properties playback tab, I just see "speakers (Realtek high def audio)", yet I hear audio fine on my headsets/earbuds?
    • In device manager, it doesn't detect a headset either, displays the same list as the recording tab
    So do all 3 of my headsets/earbuds have some kind of "plug and play but stays invisible to the OS" feature? One of them is the default Apple earbuds, I'm 100% sure there's a mic on there and these are brand new, so they aren't broken. Are these not supposed to appear as a "headset" device with the headset icon in sound properties?

Windbrand, Dec 20, 2020
  4. reble Win User

Internal PC Mic not detected

A problem with the internal mic

This is on a Gateway laptop model NV570P-18U, OS Win 10 Pro 64 bit. The Gateway has 1 audio jack for the mic and audio out. I have the audio adapter to have 2 jacks, in and out. I am trying to feed the audio out of my short wave receiver into the mic input on the laptop to decode digital ham radio transmissions. But the laptop is only hearing the internal mic. If I connect an external mic to the jack, the external mic works and the internal mic turns off. But I don't know why the internal mic won't turn off when the S/W receiver is plugged in. Is there a software switch available to manually turn off the internal mic?

reble, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

Internal PC Mic not detected

1. Internal PC Mic not detected - Similar Threads - Internal Mic detected

2. Mic not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic not detected: I have an IEM that has a mic and when i plug it in, it doesn't detect the mic. I have checked the recording tab of the sound control panel window and it only seems to detect my device as a headphone. Weirdly, when I use a usb-c to 3.5mm converter it detects the whole thing as...
  3. Mic not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic not detected: I have an IEM that has a mic and when i plug it in, it doesn't detect the mic. I have checked the recording tab of the sound control panel window and it only seems to detect my device as a headphone. Weirdly, when I use a usb-c to 3.5mm converter it detects the whole thing as...
  4. PC not detecting headset mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not detecting headset mic: Hi,I have noticed that my computer is not detecting the input of my mic, it used to work fine a few weeks ago but stopped working now. I have tested it on my other laptop and it works perfectly fine on it. I've tried updating the drivers but windows says that all of them are...
  5. PC not detecting headset mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not detecting headset mic: Hi,I have noticed that my computer is not detecting the input of my mic, it used to work fine a few weeks ago but stopped working now. I have tested it on my other laptop and it works perfectly fine on it. I've tried updating the drivers but windows says that all of them are...
  6. PC not detecting headset mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. pc not able to to detect any internal speaker

in Windows 10 Customization
    pc not able to to detect any internal speaker: i have recently updated from window 7 to win 10 my pc now is not able to detect any internal speakers when i checked the it in sunond>control pannel i wass unable to find internal spakers i trieed to downlaod realtk audio drivers but it didnt work...
  8. Stuck with internal mic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck with internal mic: I recently decided to use a second monitor, while my laptop's lid is closed. I put the laptop under the desk and connected my earphones so i could listen but i discovered that i could barely hear myself. I'm sure its not a problem with the mic because i tested it before on...
  9. A problem with the internal mic

A problem with the internal mic: This is on a Gateway laptop model NV570P-18U, OS Win 10 Pro 64 bit. The Gateway has 1 audio jack for the mic and audio out. I have the audio adapter to have 2 jacks, in and out. I am trying to feed the audio out of my short wave receiver into the mic input on the laptop to...
  10. Headset mic plays internal pc sounds

Headset mic plays internal pc sounds: I might have been deafening everyone I play with on discord w/o know until a friend told me today. The mic just transmits the game audio, video audio, music audio that I run into it and it sounds horrible, not even quality transmission whenn I called myself from another...