Windows 10: Internal pointing device cant be disabled permanently when external USB pointing device is...

Discus and support Internal pointing device cant be disabled permanently when external USB pointing device is... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I cant seem to make synaptics driver permanently disabled when my mouse is plugged in. Every time i restart my laptop, it just keeps re-enabling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dean Lai, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Dean Lai Win User

Internal pointing device cant be disabled permanently when external USB pointing device is...

Hi,

I cant seem to make synaptics driver permanently disabled when my mouse is plugged in. Every time i restart my laptop, it just keeps re-enabling the touchpad. Is there a way to let it stay disabled?

Im running on Windows 10 64 bit, if that makes u all wonder.

:)

Dean Lai, Jul 13, 2018

2. Synaptics PS2 Touchpad Driver 19.0.12.95 will not hold disable on USB device.

I have an HP Pavilion DV6 and I use a wireless USB mouse. When I use the control panel to access the touchpad GUI and select "Disable internal pointing device when external USB pointing device is detected" the touchpad is instantly disabled (as it should
    be) but since upgrading to Windows 10, this setting is reset each time the computer powers up and must be reset through the Synaptics driver via the control panel. This was not a problem under Windows 7 and the driver release is the latest driver available
    for Windows 10.

Any suggestion as to how the "Disable internal pointing device when external USB pointing device is detected" setting can be maintained under Windows 10? Thanks...

Captain Beefheart, Jul 13, 2018
  3. synaptics Pointing Device Driver

Try Uninstalling your device first, restart and then Install again.

Step 1:

• Open device manager by right clicking This PC and select Manage. On the left pane, click the same.
    • Under Mouse and pointing devices, right click the synaptics driver and click Uninstall.
    Step 2:

Restart when prompted. Remember, Restart!

Step 3:

Install the synaptics driver again using the setup utility provided by the manufacturer

Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 13, 2018
  4. kirkod Win User

Internal pointing device cant be disabled permanently when external USB pointing device is...

disable touchpad when external pointing device is being used

I have a Lenovo Yoga 11E. How can I find a way to automatically disable the touch pad when an external pointing device is being used. The accidental movement of the cursor by dragging a thumb on the touchpad is very annoying and inefficient.

kirkod, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Internal pointing device cant be disabled permanently when external USB pointing device is... - Similar Threads - Internal pointing device

2. Accidentally disabled my pointing devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally disabled my pointing devices: So, basically I was tinkering around with drivers and i disabled my Synaptics pointing device driver, I have done this before but I fixed it by using my mouse which I had already plugged in. This time I did it again but when I right clicked, nothing happened. I restarted but...
  3. Accidentally disabled my pointing devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally disabled my pointing devices: So, basically I was tinkering around with drivers and i disabled my Synaptics pointing device driver, I have done this before but I fixed it by using my mouse which I had already plugged in. This time I did it again but when I right clicked, nothing happened. I restarted but...
  4. mice and pointing device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mice and pointing device: In my mice and pointing device instead of 2 only 1 driver is showing after update , I forget the name of the 2 drivers but now in the only 1 driver is showing & that is ELAN input device . I want to know that by this can , I face any issue in the future . I have updated it...
  5. mice and pointing device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mice and pointing device: In my mice and pointing device instead of 2 only 1 driver is showing after update , I forget the name of the 2 drivers but now in the only 1 driver is showing & that is ELAN input device . I want to know that by this can , I face any issue in the future . I have updated it...
  6. mice and pointing device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Synaptics Pointing Device Driver

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Synaptics Pointing Device Driver: Ostatnio kliknąłem w plik nazywał się: "main.exe" program Po kliknięciu nic się nie stało, ale zauważyłem że opis, firma to Synaptic, a opisie było: "Synaptisc Point Device Driver" Od tego mój moment komputer bardzo się ścina. Wyszukałem co to jest i ponoć jest to wirus,...
  8. Synaptics Pointing Device

Synaptics Pointing Device: So, I accidentally uninstalled my Synaptics Pointing Device from Device Manager, now I'm trying to get it back because my touchpad + my mouse wont work. My mouse probably broke and stopped working because it's old, but my touchpad used to work all the time. Once I uninstalled...
  9. Mics And Pointing devices Not Found

Mics And Pointing devices Not Found: Suddenly when I turned on my PC , I didn't found my mouse on the display . I again went and checked my Device Manager for updating my "mics and pointing devices" . But in Device Manager I didn't found any "mics and pointing devices" option to update . Please Help me out I...
  10. Disable Internal Pointing Device

Disable Internal Pointing Device: After a Windows update, although I have, "Disable internal pointing device when external USB pointing device is attached," checked, after each reboot, the touchpad becomes "Active" again. When I go to the mouse properties, the box is still checked to "Disable internal...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. enable internal pointing device